Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Roth was willing to strangle this Doe and pump her full of bullets because she wouldn't have sex with him but he didn't even know her first name? I also didn't know that his older brother was also convicted of murder several years later.

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Roth was willing to strangle this Doe and pump her full of bullets because she wouldn't have sex with him but he didn't even know her first name? I also didn't know that his older brother was also convicted of murder several years later.

It's odd, but this isn't the only case on here of a woman who seems to have been killed under similar circumstances. Some men just seem to think they're entitled to a woman's sexual services and get furious when they're crossed.

I suppose it's also possible he lied about not knowing her, but if he did, that would imply she was probably somebody from the area.

As someone who is currently a 24-year old woman who has hitch-hiked and traveled it does not surprise me in the slightest. Nor does his brother going to jail for murder later on surprise me.

There's a small but very solid percentage of young men who get really scary when you tell them "no." I'd say probably about 5% of young men that I have met seem to think of women as nothing more than walking talking sex toys. If you want to get REALLY freaked out go to reddit some day and look up the subreddits redpill or incels or mgtow.

There's a reason why women carry around pepper spray and knives. But to have both brothers end up as killers makes me think that there was something about the way they were raised that made them believe that human beings aren't actually human beings, if that makes any sense.

Pem Michelle Briggs. Missing since 1977. My half sister. I've been searching for her all my life.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-15-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-15-42.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-14-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-16-12-14-34.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi Dewana: I just sent you a private message.

Pem Michelle Briggs. Missing since 1977. My half sister. I've been searching for her all my life.....

I think Dewana might found her at last. It's similar nose shape, eye brows, chin, crook lip and front teeth between sketch photos & living photo. All she need is living bio mother to submit DNA for potential match with Pem Michelle Briggs as her missing daughter. Let's cross our heart for that!

Thank you so much for joining us. Pem is a very unusual name. Is there a story behind it? Also, on one of the other sites you've posted on,you stated she was 16 when she left home and was born in 1963. That would mean she went missing in 1979, which would exclude her from being this set of unidentified remains. Could the age she went missing or her birth year be wrong, by chance? I'm hoping CarlK helps you set up a profile for your sister in NamUs. The Dept. of Justice just had its funding restored for DNA testing, so this would be a good time to get that ball rolling if you haven't already. I would also recommend contacting the Doe Network and the Charley Project to also help with your search. We will all help as much as we can as well. Thank you again!

Found this on another site.

Last seen my half sister Pem Michelle Briggs in Portland, Oregon.

Our mothers name is Barbara Cecile Briggs, and our brothers name is Denman E. Wehrli. Pems last known whereabouts was in California. She left home when she was 16 yrs old, and we have never heard from her since. Her name on her birth cert. was Pem Michelle Yates, and she was born in Norfolk, Virginia, May 31,1963, her father was noy the man that signed her birth cert. but the father on her birth certificate name was J. Yates i believe, he in the service in Norfolk, Virginia at the time.

Pems biological father was in California. She went to middle school in Post, Oregon under the name Pem M. Wehrli and in high school in Hood River, Oregon, and may have ended up in Goldendale, Washington trying to relocate us. I have been searching all these years, thru the internet, and Troy the locator even attempted to locate her without any luck.

i have found five other family members in my search for my sister, including two half brothers that were adopted 50+ years ago...but not a trace of my sister has came up. if any of these names ring a bell, please contact me, i remember her, she loved me...and she is dearly missed.

http://www.voy.com/48081/2802.html

Found this on FB
e8c655b6b113fb638851e882cf8b06ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too young to be this Jane Doe. :eek:fftopic: But WCJD perhaps?

Are there any other vital stats (height, weight, ect.) beyond DOB and approximate year of disappearance currently available for Pem Briggs?

Too young to be this Jane Doe. :eek:fftopic: But WCJD perhaps?

OT: I was thinking along those lines, too, CarlK, that Pem may not be this JD but perhaps another one. I was thinking along the lines of BG myself.

Have you thought about making a Thread for Pem? Would help to know more too. Height would help. What Color are her eyes, Hard to tell from this pic they look brown. Did Pem have freckles? If Pem does have freckles and blue eyes, it might be worth it to take a look at El Dorado Jane Doe. To me they have a similar head shape chin and nose.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2813
http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!pictures

Have isotopes been done on her yet? The suntan leads me to believe she may be from a more coastal area (like a beach town) or was more of a outdoorsy type (hiking a lot, being in the sun).

Roth mentioned that she said she lived with two men. What did these people do with her stuff after she never came back? I always have wondered that in any Doe case really. They had to have had belongings, so what happens to them? And I wonder if the men ever heard of the doe being found and putting two and two together. Maybe they were involved in illegal activity and didn't come forward for that reason.

I know it happens a lot in the cases of young hitchhikers, but I just can't fathom the whole, "you're not giving me sex, so I'm going to kill you". I just don't understand it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back