Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker reporting in!

Police could have arrested the three "in connection with the disappearance" rather than "murder".

So we can assume they had something to go on.
Yes!! They've arrested 3 on suspicion of murder! Ripped apart houses, cars for forensics ... the police will know SO much more than we do about what Gaia was like when last seen by Aunt - did she sneak out or did she tell Aunt 'I'm going xyz I'll be back xyz' ... all of that will have been taken into consideration by police who then went ahead and suspected murder ...

And ... Welcome! :)

From what Gaia's father has said as regards her highly dangerous level of epilepsia and that she is probably without necessary drugs, from his wanting a last hug and to the mother saying it would take a miracle, it would appear that Gaia would not stand a chance outside of her familiar environment. And we don't know where that was.

Yes!! They've arrested 3 on suspicion of murder! Ripped apart houses, cars for forensics ... the police will know SO much more than we do about what Gaia was like when last seen by Aunt - did she sneak out or did she tell Aunt 'I'm going xyz I'll be back xyz' ... all of that will have been taken into consideration by police who then went ahead and suspected murder ...

And ... Welcome! :)

Thank you! So there is a difference. They could have been arrested with regards to disappearance only. But they weren't.

Gaia has a lot of issues for someone of her age to be dealing with. She seems not be living at home all of the time. Why not ? Why is she living with other family sometimes? Does she have a room and clothes there? Does she have a key and need not be knocking on door?

Gaia has a lot of issues for someone of her age to be dealing with. She seems not be living at home all of the time. Why not ? Why is she living with other family sometimes? Does she have a room and clothes there? Does she have a key and need not be knocking on door?
They're just some of the details not made public - Gaia was driven from "her home in Langton Matravers, stopping off at petrol station on the way to Aunts house" ...

They seem to be a very close family and I don't see anything odd with Gaia being at, staying at etc Aunts home ...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...e-5088961/Gaia-Pope-s-father-breaks-down.html

you will be disgusted when you find out what happened

At 3pm, Rosemary heard, 'bang, bang, bang ' on the front door. She goes down and sees Gaia crying her eyes out, screaming, talking all sorts of broken biscuits

BANG, BANG, BANG
Sounds like a gun to me.
& we KNOW GAIA wasn't there at 3PM!
MOO

'Disgusted' by how the police have performed is what is reported in the media.

The 3pm comment is a second hand quote by the DM so could be a genuine mistake or typo.

And the neighbours are reported as having heard shouting, so wouldn't they have noticed a sharper noise such as gunfire? IMO 3 bangs is just a comment to show a lot of knocking, not necessarily exactly 3.

I noticed this picture in the Daily Mail last night. Look at the massive bags under NE's eyes! View attachment 126626

Perhaps he did something to Gaia and his gran and uncle then helped him cover it up.
Alternatively he could be innocent and under an enormous amount of strain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NE, at 19,is still very much a boy ... At that age, you might expect a brush with law because of ASBO or drink-driving. Murder is a very different league. Especially when you have, not only yourself, but your Nana and Uncle hauled up too.

Please accept my apologies if anything I say has already been said, thread is moving very quickly also apologise if what I am about to say is a breach of the rules (Please can someone advise if I have broken rules)
I saw this article this morning http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5091871/Is-footage-Gaia-Pope.html

Which stated the following "Carpenter Paul Elsey, 49, from Swanage, was taken into custody after driving himself to Poole police station on Thursday"

I remember reading that this man claims to have been away the day GP went missing & was able to provide some evidence of that - However, I still think the police are following protocol and doing things by the book & leaving absolutely no stone left unturned. I also can't help but feel (And this is pure speculation on my part) that possibly this man may have something in his history that means he would naturally be suspected of something like this, maybe thats why he handed himself in, maybe thats why he was arrested (This is me speculating only, I have no proof what so ever, this is my opinion)

I am still holding out hope here that Gaia is/was hiding out of her own accord. I really didnt want to think this, but if she has passed away, then I want to believe there has been no foul play. Her mental state was so bad that I still think she may have made her own decision or succumbed to the cold weather. I feel so desperately sad for her family, but can't believe that its foul play, not yet anyway.

Also just wanted to give a mention to the search effort - Its incredible the way people are coming together to help look, I am amazed at the response that I have seen online

You could be right. My gut instinct when I saw the photo was that he has done something terrible though.

I thought he looked like he hadn't slept for a week, but I think agme is right, it could be for either reason...guilt or fear of being prosecuted and a local pariah for something he hasn't done. Even if he is innocent and maybe one of his family has some connection, it's still going to affect his life. He probably can't go back to college, there are cameras and reporters outside the house, he couldn't sleep in his own bed, his entire family is stressed and fearful. And only they know if they've done something to deserve that fear and stress.

Morning everyone. Some very interesting discussion overnight, thanks all

I’m still a veerer!

I'm a bit stuck with this case. There were only 9 posts in the first 4 days of the thread being posted and so much of the important info we normally get early on in cases just isn't there.

The only thing that sticks out for me that is probably nothing (depending on who/when it was said I guess) is the red shirt. Not mentioned in the first reports then added with a specific detail of white buttons.

Who remembers what colour buttons on a shirt are!?

NE, at 19,is still very much a boy ... At that age, you might expect a brush with law because of ASBO or drink-driving. Murder is a very different league. Especially when you have, not only yourself, but your Nana and Uncle hauled up too.
I can think of cases where a teenage boy has murdered. It's not unheard of.

Maybe there is a lot more to GP which is not known to her family and the public ... The circumstances surrounding her ‘assault’ and her subsequent erratic behaviour. Her fallout with NE ... NE’s Grandpa saying that his son never liked that family anyway ... There is definitely the POSSIBLITY that something sinister has happened to her, God forbid. But then, who knows ... All we, as man in the street sees, is a pretty and vulnerable very young girl who disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

I can think of cases where a teenage boy has murdered. It's not unheard of.

Yes, no doubt. Especially the current inquest of the Spanish language teacher ... Who can forget James Bulger’s very young murderers ... But the fact remains that if you are innocent, this is a very very nerve wrecking time to be accused of unlawfully taking another person’s life and be in full media spotlight.

- PE comes back to Swanage to face the police but first scatters the clothes in the fields by the cliffs to make it appear she may have jumped

My theory is unfortunately I think PE may have disposed of her on his way to or in Southampton (New Forest? maybe even Brockenhurst?)

I too agree with this. I dont believe she is still alive, I also dont believe she would put her twin through this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77