UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

I'm still not convinced she even went to RD's house. We only have one persons word for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm obviously not explaining this very well...! All I'm saying is we are all trying to guess where locations are based on two or three ground-based photos published by the BBC and Mail (with no context) using Google satellite/aeroplane images. I'm not saying the boundaries/major features themselves have changed.

We wouldn't have the issue if the journos taking pictures provided a overhead map with the location marked! I guess that is too much work....
The journalists probably don't have a clue about the local area so they will just be guessing where everything is happening. I got stopped by a BBC journalist who was trying to find the site where the clothes were found as it didn't exist on their sat-nav. Many of the locations are not named properly on google maps and if they are using apple maps they probably think they are sat somewhere in wales.

I totally agree - did she phone anyone, send someone to help Gaia or alert for medical help? In her shoes I certainly would have done and would not have even let Gaia leave without a jacket on.......does anyone know the answer to this???

Further to this, did Gaia's "family member" not contact anyone else in the family to report she was in distress when dropping her off?

Johnsmith can you tell us more about the police checking tyre tracks - did you see this yourself?

Johnsmith can you tell us more about the police checking tyre tracks - did you see this yourself?

I walked past there just after the clothes were found and one of the police officers told me to walk on the grass and not the track. There was also a cordon along parts of the track and the forensic officers were walking along the grass bank to keep away from the track. They seemed to be making a lot of effort to preserve any evidence that was there.

From the 9th of November http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ga...g_nightmare__as_hundreds_join_search_for_her/
[FONT=&quot]Volunteers for the Swanage Coastguard have released a statement urging members of the public searching for Gaia to stay safe.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Both Swanage and St Albans Coastguard Teams have been searching this afternoon for Gaia," a spokesperson said on Wednesday night.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"In total, 15 coastguard volunteers conducted a thorough search from Peveril Point and the Downs up the coast path and undercliff to Durlston, and from there up to Anvil Point and onto Dancing Ledge.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"After more than six hours, the teams were stood down by the police and have returned to base to eat and rest and await further instructions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We understand that members of the public are continuing to search this evening and we would urge you to take great care and please stay away from cliff edges and coast paths.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"These areas have been thoroughly searched today and nobody wants to see further missing persons or injuries etc as a result of searching unfamiliar terrain in the dark."[/FONT]

John, would those search points cover where either the clothes or body was found?

That photo is correct. South of Belle Vue quarry (the westerly one). At the bottom of the track in the field south of the gate as I understand.

Daily mail have consistently (wrongly) pointed towards California barn in their aerial photo labels.

So where in this photo was she found? I know the clothes were found in the field at the bottom where a diagonal line goes through it. I saw that area on other photos when they found the clothes. But where in relation to that was the body? It's still not clear to me. TIA.

Ah! Thank you Tortoise! (Should have read further before posting my previous question.)
No, it's not correct after all. That was based on an incorrect guess as to the location of the police tent. See JohnSmith's later map.

Thanks for clearing up the location johnsmith. I have a nagging theory going round in my head. Probably rubbish but I'll share anyway. I wonder if GP arranged to meet her one night stand at some point, and I don't believe it was PE but this Pod****** character that she mentions on Instagram. They meet up and drive to the location, get out for a walk, it gets heated and we can guess the rest. Probably unlikely given the events we know about, but thought put it out there. Edit: Given the lack of mud on shoes highly unlikely!

We don't know Gaia died on the night she went missing yet . Do we? Might explain the clothes appearing between searches.

Thanks for clearing up the location johnsmith. I have a nagging theory going round in my head. Probably rubbish but I'll share anyway. I wonder if GP arranged to meet her one night stand at some point, and I don't believe it was PE but this Pod****** character that she mentions on Instagram. They meet up and drive to the location, get out for a walk, it gets heated and we can guess the rest. Probably unlikely given the events we know about, but thought put it out there. Edit: Given the lack of mud on shoes highly unlikely!

Going to meet a one night stand without your phone.
The doesnt make sense to me. Actually not taking her phone with her to me points me in either she wanted to escape or was hurt. If she was harmed in the house then I would of thought they would of dumped her phone also..

There seems to be a bit of confusion over where everything is happening so I have made a map.

attachment.php

https://imgur.com/a/dAbeb

The police tent and portaloo are by the entrance to the field next to the quarry. Gaia was not found there, it is just the most convenient place for the police to put their toilets.

Based on the photos and where they were flying their drone when they found the clothes they were scattered in the part of the field marked with the yellow circle. There is a stone wall around the field about 5ft high with a gate at either side on the east and west walls. The footpath runs parallel to the southern wall of the field but the path is well below the height of the wall so you wouldn't be able to see over it. This time of year the footpath is muddy so Gaia may have jumped the gates and crossed the fields to save getting muddy. She knows that area so she would know it as a shortcut.

Based on the police search area yesterday Gaia was somewhere in the blue area. An educated guess based on the location of the clothes and her direction of travel I would think she was somewhere in the top left of the blue area. There is a steep drop, about 30ft or more, down the side of the hill into the gorse and blackthorn bushes below so if she was stumbling around in the dark and disorientated she would only have to walk off of the footpath a few degrees and end up falling down the hill.

So where in this photo was she found? I know the clothes were found in the field at the bottom where a diagonal line goes through it. I saw that area on other photos when they found the clothes. But where in relation to that was the body? It's still not clear to me. TIA.

Thought it would be worth re quoting Johnsmith99 map because it's more accurate than any of the MSM or any other on here and there's still confusion. FWIW I don't think California Barn or the access track alongside it is relevant, I think police and journalists have used it for access at points during their investigations which has led to them mistaking it on aerial shots with the access track to Belle Vue quarry (to the west).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back