UK - Gaia Pope, 19, found deceased, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #2

Update from Dorset Police.

Detective Superintendent Paul Kessell, of Dorset Police’s Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “The post-mortem examination has not identified any injuries to suggest any other person was involved in her death. The cause of death is undetermined pending toxicology.

“The coroner is involved in the oversight of these examinations but at this time this remains an investigation into an unexplained death.

This may have been posted before, but pictures 109-131 are interesting if you haven't seen them before. It certainly looks like the clothes were found along the east side of the field, and the grass doesn't look particularly tall: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...top_search_continues_near_Swanage/#gallery108
If you look at the officers boots they are full height walking boots yet when they are standing still the boots are not visible in the grass which suggests it is at least a few inches tall.

Sorry- I am being thick lol- what I mean is do the police have to come out at some point and say they are cleared? Or no longer under investigation? Or, for instance, if this was ruled as accidental death, can the police say nothing at all and we just presume they are not under investigation anymore.

Hi Foxymona, I just want to say I did reply to your pm but you have no more room in your inbox :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post-mortem examination has not identified any injuries to suggest any other person was involved in her death

That is pretty strong and definitive statement.

Maybe they triggered a fatal seizure in some way (e.g. by stressing her out or giving her narcotics), they thought they'd directly killed her, and dumped her body out of fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could also mean that she had been there so long that any evidence was already destroyed.

I don't think the last part of that sentence would have been said if there was the tiniest possibility of that being the case, IMO.

It could also mean that she had been there so long that any evidence was already destroyed.

I think in this cold weather decomp would slow down to preserve organs and tissue enough to be able to tell if they received any life threatening injuries. That means she had no stab wounds, her hyoid bone was intact (snaps during strangulation), she had no blunt force trauma/broken bones/neck/skull fractures.

If her tox screen does not reveal anything major this will come down to epilepsy/hypothermia and misadventure imo.

Maybe they triggered a fatal seizure in some way (e.g. by stressing her out or giving her narcotics), they thought they'd directly killed her, and dumped her body out of fear.

I've been keeping some thoughts to myself but your mention of narcotics has prompted me to say it out loud.

There is some evidence on SM sites that GP may have used cannabis (medicinal or recreational) - mentions of hemp oil, photos smoking it and in particular a mention of getting high on the photo near the coast - a great place to enjoy the weed.

It may be that when she called at the NE house she obtained some (offered to calm her down or she asked for some) and this may have been hidden from police in the original pre-arrest questioning for fear of reprimand. I'm thinking GP may have wandered down to the coast for a smoke and contemplate. A combination of the relaxing effects and existing health issues led to her "zoning out" and coming round some time later in a very cold state - the start of hypothermia and then the clothes shedding and ultimate death follow on.

It's a bit out there but I'm an ex-cannabis user and can empathise if this was the situation.

I think in this cold weather decomp would slow down to preserve organs and tissue enough to be able to tell if they received any life threatening injuries. That means she had no stab wounds, her hyoid bone was intact (snaps during strangulation), she had no blunt force trauma/broken bones/neck/skull fractures.

If her tox screen does not reveal anything major this will come down to epilepsy/hypothermia and misadventure imo.
I hope the tox report does show that it was just a tragic accident. It will allow the family to start grieving without worrying about who killed her or any future court cases.

Does anyone know if there would be evidence of hypothermia visible in the autopsy?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

just read no sign of injuries on her body to suggest any other person involved....confirmed by police

Does anyone know if there would be evidence of hypothermia visible in the autopsy?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

AFAIK hypothermia as a cause of death can not directly been seen in organs, tissue, blood etc. It is a conclusion arrived at when all other possible scenarios have been ruled out and the circumstances make hypothermia likely.

I wonder whether a fatal grand mal seizure shows up in blood tests and tissue analysis? I think seizures lead to low oxygen levels in the blood, brain and rest of the body (which is why they are so dangerous) and I think this should be visible in an autopsy.

Cags, are you flirting with JohnSmith!? [emoji44][emoji8][emoji6]

If we are to beleive everything we've been told by RD - why didn't Gaia go to Quarry Close to see MM which is what RD says Gaia was going to do when she left?

Google maps says it's a 6 minute walk from Manor Gardens to Quarry Close - if she left RDs and went to Quarry Close, she didnt make it ...

Although the PTSD was mentioned - it doesn't always manifest in what people would usually think of as anxiety.
Do we know for sure she didn't go there? Police and family presumably checked that night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back