Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.23.17 - Day 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will call her, simply because he can. It's not so much about what she can offer his defence (little to nothing), it's about exercising control and power over the people he once knew. And I have a feeling this one would be extra satisfying for him.

Except then the Crown gets to cross examine her.

He probably knows he is going to be locked up a long , long time, and will come a time no one will think about him again , while he rots in prison.
Good point. I keep forgetting that he is so abnormal.

Rings almost as true as MS volunteering for cremation duty, posing proudly for pictures, and writing a grotesque rap about it while not knowing about any plan for murder. And yet, that's a scenario a lot of people on this forum believe.

Was the photo with bones made on 23rd? Or could it be made in August?

Then that same person he got duped into helping now tries to frame him, I am surprised he can remain composed around DM.
Rings almost as true as MS volunteering for cremation duty, posing proudly for pictures, and writing a grotesque rap about it while not knowing about any plan for murder. And yet, that's a scenario a lot of people on this forum (want to) believe.

I was conflicted about MS in the Bosma trial. But after he was convicted, I felt just a little safer in Oakville, knowing I wasn't going to run into him and MM somewhere. I am glad he is behind bars.

I am sure right now MS would like to throw DM in that incinerator. DM has tried to frame him for 2 murders. Looks like MS had some involvement but that he did not murder either Tim Bosma or Laura Babcock himself just possibly helped plan the murder and helped dispose of the body and clean up of a murder scene.

I wonder what MS thinks now about that rap song he wrote, and little did he know the plans DM had for him to frame him for the murders. He trusted a bad, bad person. I don't understand why he did not think that DM could even try to kill him because he knew too much. Now DM looks like has got them both to be in prison for the rest of their lives.

Soooo this whole matters deal? There was nothing to it? The crown just thought it was odd he needed mattress the next day?

I am sure right now MS would like to throw DM in that incinerator. DM has tried to frame him for 2 murders. Looks like MS had some involvement but that he did not murder either Tim Bosma or Laura Babcock himself just possibly helped plan the murder and helped dispose of the body and clean up of a murder scene.

Which is the same thing, legally and morally.

No he did not die in vain. Justice for Laura Babcock.
MS and DM are both of the same frame of mind. F@@@ everyone, f@@@the rules, f@@@ the law, just do what you want and no conscience or morals. Lie, steal and kill are the rules they clearly lived by. So glad they are both in prison where they belong. The dreamers can believe what they want about each of these but they are not in any position to kill anyone else. For that, I am glad. For Laura's and Tim's families, nothing will bring their loved ones back, but at least there will be no more victims. Thank goodness Tim's death ultimately solved the LB case, and took these 2 off the streets. Tim didn't die in vain.

JMO

MS strikes me as a stupid clueless sidekick who will play along to impress but wouldn't come up with this f'ed up s by himself

The letters are considered hearsay under evidence law. It's really weird that they'd be admissible without corroborating testimony from either CN or DM. Remember at Tim's trial the crown entered the letters into evidence during CN's testimony so she could explain them. It makes sense that they were allowed to enter them now to close their case because they know with DM or CN is about to testify and that will remove the hearsay element and make them admissible.

By getting an agreed statement of fact from the Defence, the Crown didn't need to corroborate the letters. If DM didn't agree that he wrote them, then they would have had to get corroborating testimony.

MS strikes me as a stupid clueless sidekick who will play along to impress but wouldn't come up with this f'ed up s by himself

It doesn't matter if he came up with it by himself.

And for the record, I don't think he's a stupid clueless sidekick. He had his share of power in the relationship. It was just a different type of power.

Soooo this whole matters deal? There was nothing to it? The crown just thought it was odd he needed mattress the next day?

I don’t mean to admonish you as a guy on the internet with no authority, but read between the lines here. A girl DM had sex with suddenly disappears mixed in with all the text message evidence. Guns, incinerator prototypes, ‘barn smell checks,’ a picture of burning bones, MS posing with the ash rake. The Crown’s theory is obviously that he shot LB in a bed, hid her body at the farm and then burned her once the ‘eliminator was eliminating.’

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again, if these guys weren’t caught as quickly as they were after TB, they would have left a trail of bodies all over Ontario.

All MOO

When he took the stand at TB's trial, MS showed he was no stupid clueless sidekick. He clung to his story for days, and many a times proved to be very quick with an answer. His Disney line along with I believe correcting a lawyer's mistep, showed me at least he was more than just street smart. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member