Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

Sorry I’ve been gone for a while. My liver tried to kill me and I’m still recovering after month.

I just can’t anymore with JR. I think he needs to pass the reigns on to a neutral third party to handle the rest of this investigation. He keeps coming off as shady as hell and it can’t be good for the find Jenny campaign.

My .2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! I’m glad your liver lost the battle and you’re getting better. Hugs! :heartbeat:

Yes, and actually JR has needed a neutral and calm third party spokesperson from the beginning. I think finding Jenny or “Justice for Jenny” is not likely to happen. His $$ campaign is going nowhere.
JMO

You too Dexter! Funny I just watched a Dateline episode about you. :)

Lol. I'm out shopping for knives and plastic wrap. They are 50% off at Killers R Us.

Lol.

But seriously. I think Jennys family helped her escape. They probably brought her a different passport under her other name; when they first went down to Mexico.

Lol. I'm out shopping for knives and plastic wrap. They are 50% off at Killers R Us.

Lol.

But seriously. I think Jennys family helped her escape. They probably brought her a different passport under her other name; when they first went down to Mexico.

Agree. Given that she stopped communicating with JR, I think this is highly probable. He should have a friend in Whenzou go visit the parents and get some answers.

I mean, let’s just be blunt. When you meet someone “practicing English”, what do you expect?

FWIW JR isn’t getting anywhere with his new Justice for Jenny fundraising campaign. There have only been 7 donations totaling $140 in the past 14 days. The last donation was 12 days ago. I’m sure that’s pretty discouraging for him, but it’s clearly the end of the fundraising road.

I doubt he has good enough credit to take out (more?) loans to continue, so whatever he does next can’t require money. I’m not sure what that would be, other than contacting Jenny’s parents to see if she returned home. Would they tell him?

Frankly, this has never been a compelling enough story for MSM to get excited about covering. If he continues somehow to push this in Mexico, someone else will end missing/killed. He’s really out of options. I think he needs to accept that Jenny is either dead or hiding, as hard as it is to give up. What else can he do at this point? Jenny is the one who took unnecessary risks and probably paid the ultimate price. I don’t think JR has to prove he’s a loving husband by going any further. It is what it is, sadly.

I think Jenny would be fairly easy to track down in Wenzhou or within close proximity thereof. I speculate she would be back to "practicing English" to meet new friends.

I think Jenny would be fairly easy to track down in Wenzhou or within close proximity thereof. I speculate she would be back to "practicing English" to meet new friends.

I’d certainly rather think that than the Occam’s razor alternative.

Frankly, this has never been a compelling enough story for MSM to get excited about covering. If he continues somehow to push this in Mexico, someone else will end missing/killed. He’s really out of options. I think he needs to accept that Jenny is either dead or hiding, as hard as it is to give up. What else can he do at this point? Jenny is the one who took unnecessary risks and probably paid the ultimate price. I don’t think JR has to prove he’s a loving husband by going any further. It is what it is, sadly.

I think the lack of media coverage is key. It makes such a difference in people's opinions, without it they assume it's a conspiracy. IMO, if Jenny's parents had spoken to the media, it would have been covered. In Yingying's highly publicized/publicly sympathetic disappearance in Illinois, it was the university that flew her family members in (her mother didn't come), supported them, translated, arranged press conferences and rallies, explained the legal intricacies, etc. No 'official authority' was willing to do that for Jenny, in either Mexico or the US. On the contrary, the official agenda for both China and Mexico, has been to hush it up, because that's how both countries operate.

I think the lack of media coverage is key. It makes such a difference in people's opinions, without it they assume it's a conspiracy. IMO, if Jenny's parents had spoken to the media, it would have been covered. In Yingying's highly publicized/publicly sympathetic disappearance in Illinois, it was the university that flew her family members in (her mother didn't come), supported them, translated, arranged press conferences and rallies, explained the legal intricacies, etc. No 'official authority' was willing to do that for Jenny, in either Mexico or the US. On the contrary, the official agenda for both China and Mexico, has been to hush it up, because that's how both countries operate.
Frankly, I don't think even massive publicity would have helped. The Mexican government struggles keep the cartels under some semblance of control, and there are large areas of the country that are effectively cartel controlled. Even if the government wanted to, there may not have been a lot they could really do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Frankly, I don't think even massive publicity would have helped. The Mexican government struggles keep the cartels under some semblance of control, and there are large areas of the country that are effectively cartel controlled. Even if the government wanted to, there may not have been a lot they could really do.

Yes, probably safer to say it is China that doesn't care to follow up, and Mexico is happy to go along.

Another case that this one has probably already been compared to is Harry Devert, who went missing while somewhat recklessly riding his motorcycle into a cartel-controlled area. Mexican police eventually located his remains and made an arrest. Again though, I surmise it was his American citizenship, and his mother's persistent campaign to find out what happened, that captured the US MSM's attention, and so made it a priority for Mexico.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/mother-missing-american-answers-remains-found/story?id=24544626

BBM

IMO Media coverage was doomed from the start. The comments on the first articles in the U.S. were mostly “What was she thinking, hitchhiking in Mexico?!” JR immediately made negative comments about the lack of support he was receiving from the U.S. government.

MSM articles almost all were titled “Washington man claims his wife disappeared in Mexico.” (Italics mine) No one wanted to get mixed up in this story in the U.S., it seems. Whenever anyone suggested contacting TV programs, JR claimed ignorance about how to do it and asked for contacts. Really? You can’t google? His “press release” was so garbled it was useless, and I didn’t send him my revision. :)

Jenny had made very negative comments on SM about China and was ripped for that on Chinese SM. So getting sympathetic MSM coverage in China wasn’t going to happen. Her parents speaking out wasn’t going to help, according to our member Cherry (who speaks Chinese). The embassy did its job and issued a press release and that was that.

Mexican MSM actually gave Jenny good press initially, until JR started criticizing LE and pushing his conspiracy theories. So it was a perfect storm for poor MSM coverage in three countries, pretty much inadvertently caused by Jenny and JR themselves IMO.

JR posted an update on the new fundraising page two days ago, asking for help raising money to “arrest the abductor” of his wife, naming him. (Is that within TOS of the funding site?) Donations doubled the amount the fund had stalled at for 12 days. Still only $280. I’m not sure how money will lead to an arrest. There is no link about the update on the HFJ group page.

JR posted an update on the new fundraising page two days ago, asking for help raising money to “arrest the abductor” of his wife, naming him. (Is that within TOS of the funding site?) Donations doubled the amount the fund had stalled at for 12 days. Still only $280. I’m not sure how money will lead to an arrest. There is no link about the update on the HFJ group page.

BBM

Maybe he's planning on hiring Dog!

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/celebrity/dog-the-bounty-hunter-id-do-it-again/amp/

BBM

Maybe he's planning on hiring Dog!

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/celebrity/dog-the-bounty-hunter-id-do-it-again/amp/

Now that’s a thought. :D

For all the irritation that is JR, I have to say I admire his tenacious spirit. I hope at some point he will either succeed or be able to forgive himself for calling a halt to his search. He’s done more than many would, and despite his mistakes, at home and in Mexico, he’s gotten results. The brick wall that is Mexican LE may prove insurmountable, and I won’t fault him if/when he realizes he’s done his best.

Posted yesterday by JR on HFJ and his new fundraising page.

He plans to try some new ways to get clues and leads in the investigation. This includes raising funds for a physical search and going back through old leads. Funds raised so far are stalled at under $300. He hopes for positive results.

I’m wondering if he’s finally going to try a little bribery.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/930258143815897/

Posted yesterday by JR on HFJ and his new fundraising page.

He plans to try some new ways to get clues and leads in the investigation. This includes raising funds for a physical search and going back through old leads. Funds raised so far are stalled at under $300. He hopes for positive results.

I’m wondering if he’s finally going to try a little bribery.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/930258143815897/

He is just milking more money out of it for his personal legal issues. He isn't going to waste money on bribes at this point. He didn't do that in the beginning. He is sure not going to do it now.

He is just milking more money out of it for his personal legal issues. He isn't going to waste money on bribes at this point. He didn't do that in the beginning. He is sure not going to do it now.

Ha! You know me, Kaboom. Hope springs eternal. :D Whatever he’s doing with the money, he can’t do much with a measly $280. Not even enough for a traffic ticket. His latest update two days ago did not garner any more contributions. The last one was 13 days ago.

Ha! You know me, Kaboom. Hope springs eternal. :D Whatever he’s doing with the money, he can’t do much with a measly $280. Not even enough for a traffic ticket. His latest update two days ago did not garner any more contributions. The last one was 13 days ago.

Well, I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but that's just way JR rolls. His first went completely dry, so he set up the second one for the exact same stated cause (who does that?), and it got him another $280 of free money, in addition to the first $11,110. I'm sure he is not happy with the amount, but I think his goal is to collect the $15,000 he originally requested. He seems to feel he is entitled to that amount. Whatever he gets it's all going to go to paying his bills.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back