Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is this is relatively recent. Prior to the start of school this year would be my best guess. If no one checked into it, the divorce and further court proceedings went on for 11 1/2 years between mom and dad.

I wonder why he went to live with his dad? Did the dad have custody or just maybe he was having some discipline issues and mom thought he’d be better off with Dad? Idk. This is really sad.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...where-teen-grandmother-went-missing/494444290
424227e2d7e8eeb9ef9bffb80d625253.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Jax Sheriff's Office

@JSOPIO

#LoganMott is wanted for Auto Theft and is a person of interest in the death of #KristinaFrench. 2015 silver Dodge Dart with Florida tag DLLT42. Hair is like picture on left. Armed and dangerous. We believe he is in the NE USA. Seen yesterday in PA. Call 911 if you see him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JSOPIO/s...where-teen-grandmother-went-missing/494444290

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The fact that he had been asking his mom if he could move to MO and live with her sends up a bit of a red flag for me that he was feeling really unhappy. Most teens in high school would not like the idea of relocating so far away from friends and their life.

ETA: I know there was mention of a recent-ish move. Did Logan relocate from MO rather recently or was this a more local type move with his dad? Anyone know?
That's hard to tell from public records. Duval County public records show at least Logan's father in Duval County since at least 2004, with his father purchasing a house in Jax Beach in 2009 and the house on Seagate in Neptune Beach in 2014. The news did say that Logan started college prep classes at Sandalwood High School this fall. Prior to this school year, he was at Fletcher Junior High, which is in the Beaches area. That implies Logan's lived in Jacksonville for at least the past few years.

The fact that he had been asking his mom if he could move to MO and live with her sends up a bit of a red flag for me that he was feeling really unhappy. Most teens in high school would not like the idea of relocating so far away from friends and their life.

ETA: I know there was mention of a recent-ish move. Did Logan relocate from MO rather recently or was this a more local type move with his dad? Anyone know?

That made me wonder also. Perhaps there was a problem at his other school? Although Logan's mom made it sound as though he had recent problems adjusting to the early college program at a new high school and maybe the move was because the early college program didn't exist at his current high school. Logan's mom also said that he was given an award for character recently.

I wonder why he went to live with his dad? Did the dad have custody or just maybe he was having some discipline issues and mom thought he’d be better off with Dad? Idk. This is really sad.
Since the mom has offered that there have been issues for the last few years and we just learned in the last day that mom has 3 kids under age 5 I suggest that would offer a bit of insight.

Pretty early on in this thread, I began gently hinting my suspicions about the son. ...

There were a few things that made me question the situation. No home invader/burglar is going to take a grandma and grandson of a Deputy, hostage on a road trip. It makes no sense.

And they were both awol on mon and tues, but then someone sent those texts. That made it clear it was probably son or grandma sending them. imo

But before all that happened I had scanned through the FB's and I noted that the father is a very athletic, type A, extreme sports type of individual. There are pix of him deep sea diving, surfing, parachuting, boxing, running marathons, etc etc. But I didn't see his son with him in any of those sports pix.

And the son's drastic change from long haired, casual looking 15 yr old, to shaved head soldier type look--shocked me a bit. And then heard it was a 'dare' from his LE officer, type A father to get a buzz cut. That worried me...

On top of that, we have a long long dragged out divorce with his mom living in another state and having 3 children under 5. It sounds to me like the son may have felt some kind of way about his life. Mom is far away and distracted by new family. Dad is super competitive and an authority figure, and was likely a tough love kind of Dad.

Grandma was probably the most caring and loving connection he had. So I think he must have really gone off the deep end if he is responsible for that shallow grave. :cry:

Since the mom has offered that there have been issues for the last few years and we just learned in the last day that mom has 3 kids under age 5 I suggest that would offer a bit of insight.

Admittedly I haven’t been able to keep up so didn’t know about that but if she shipped him off to dads for her new family that could have sent him over the edge as well. Moo

Pretty early on in this thread, I began gently hinting my suspicions about the son. ...

There were a few things that made me question the situation. No home invader/burglar is going to take a grandma and grandson of a Deputy, hostage on a road trip. It makes no sense.

And they were both awol on mon and tues, but then someone sent those texts. That made it clear it was probably son or grandma sending them. imo

But before all that happened I had scanned through the FB's and I noted that the father is a very athletic, type A, extreme sports type of individual. There are pix of him deep sea diving, surfing, parachuting, boxing, running marathons, etc etc. But I didn't see his son with him in any of those sports pix.

And the son's drastic change from long haired, casual looking 15 yr old, to shaved head soldier type look--shocked me a bit. And then heard it was a 'dare' from his LE officer, type A father to get a buzz cut. That worried me...

On top of that, we have a long long dragged out divorce with his mom living in another state and having 3 children under 5. It sounds to me like the son may have felt some kind of way about his life. Mom is far away and distracted by new family. Dad is super competitive and an authority figure, and was likely a tough love kind of Dad.

Grandma was probably the most caring and loving connection he had. So I think he must have really gone off the deep end if he is responsible for that shallow grave. :cry:

The haircut threw me as well.....

That made me wonder also. Perhaps there was a problem at his other school? Although Logan's mom made it sound as though he had recent problems adjusting to the early college program at a new high school and maybe the move was because the early college program didn't exist at his current high school. Logan's mom also said that he was given an award for character recently.

The high school Logan was enrolled in is on the east side of Jacksonville but not at the beach where he'd gone to junior high, from the news articles. In Duval County, Sandalwood is a "magnet school" with specialized advanced studies classes. I do not see similar offerings at Fletcher's information page. Fletcher High would be the local school for Logan if he had not been placed in a magnet. Interestingly, Fletcher High is at 700 Seagate Avenue, Mott's home is at 418 Seagate, which is right across the street from Fletcher Junior High where he went to school before moving into high school.

Sandalwood is an Early College high school (I believe there are five in the county) but I don't think they start the program until 11th grade (same with Dual Enrollment which is by far the more widely utilized program in Duval County). From where his dad lives his area high school is Fletcher so he either started at Sandalwood so he could begin the EC program when he entered 11th grade or he was there on special assignment.

This whole story gave me a bad feeling from the start and my heart really goes out to Kristina's son who has lost his mom and will lose his son one way or another if he is responsible for this awful situation.

Maybe the dad was distracted too with his g.f. and gone off on vacation. imo, speculation

Maybe the dad was distracted too with his g.f. and gone off on vacation. imo, speculation
Yes, it is likely that whatever set things in motion is actually the culmination of a number of events.

I don't think he changed high schools, I think she said he started high school as well as staring the college program. He only just turned 15 recently so he's probably a freshman.

My understanding is this is relatively recent. Prior to the start of school this year would be my best guess. If no one checked into it, the divorce and further court proceedings went on for 11 1/2 years between mom and dad.

I knew a couple, went to school with them, high school sweethearts, got married, had a kid and quickly divorced. They have been in court every single year since over their child at least over a decade. That can't be easy for anyone involved.

The little the parents have said seems to indicate that, if Logan did this, it came out of nowhere... but I think we’re going to start hearing more info that will paint a picture of a very troubled teen.

Oh so true. To me it came out of nowhere but to others closer to this, really close, they probably have seen the cracks. I never feel I know someone until I know someone.

This may sound weird, but I get the feeling he loved his grandmother very much, and ended her life because he couldn't bare for her to deal with his future actions. Going to the fathers and ransacking and stealing guns--makes me wonder if he had planned to harm his father at one point...

I don't think he changed high schools, I think she said he started high school as well as staring the college program. He only just turned 15 recently so he's probably a freshman.

So one top of everything else, he had some upcoming academic pressure and stress, trying to keep up with an accelerated college type competitive program. Even as a freshman it was probably a tough school academically. I feel bad for him, even though he may have acted horrendously. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken