Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fairly recent. I never could pry out of my source who he was referring to and I tried. As I said we must have exchanged about 500 messages.

Some of his thoughts are contained on ProBoards Springfield Missing women. Just Google it and it should link to that site. I do wonder though since I couldn’t get the name. But he was adamant that he saw the name and personally tracked him over a period of 10 years. He never wavered. His screen name is “Goat.” The individual I am thinking of would meet his description as to the distance out of town.

He once said the suspect was a “sicko.” I can’t line that up with who I am now thinking of. This is the problem when incomplete information is all one has to go on.

I wish there was some way to reestablish contact with him but evidently he does not wish to. He, himself, is not a suspect.
Thanks for rhe detailed answer. Would he have been here at some point? The screen name seems familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Thanks for rhe detailed answer. Would he have been here at some point? The screen name seems familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

If "Goat" has been here, I am not aware of him posting. However, I am relatively sure that he reads or had read the website because he said that someone hit on the exact scenario in one of the posts earlier on.

If we are looking at a single perp/stalker, I would rather imagine he has posted here.

Personally I think if we knew the motive we could quickly determine who the perp was. I have wrestled with that since the beginning. We just don't have enough of the facts to determine who.

Theories about and some of them have been extremely well detailed and thought out.

There was a post that was here for a couple of years and has subsequently been pulled. I have it saved as it is no longer available. If anyone wants a copy, just e-mail me and I will share it. It is too long to put on private messages. The poster made 31 posts in all and with that one has never posted again. I don't know if it was a red herring or factual based. But having read all the previous 30 posts my impression was quite positive.

If "Goat" has been here, I am not aware of him posting. However, I am relatively sure that he reads or had read the website because he said that someone hit on the exact scenario in one of the posts earlier on.

If we are looking at a single perp/stalker, I would rather imagine he has posted here.

Personally I think if we knew the motive we could quickly determine who the perp was. I have wrestled with that since the beginning. We just don't have enough of the facts to determine who.

Theories about and some of them have been extremely well detailed and thought out.

There was a post that was here for a couple of years and has subsequently been pulled. I have it saved as it is no longer available. If anyone wants a copy, just e-mail me and I will share it. It is too long to put on private messages. The poster made 31 posts in all and with that one has never posted again. I don't know if it was a red herring or factual based. But having read all the previous 30 posts my impression was quite positive.
So a post was removed? Why? Because of the information shared?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

49b73126c7e73dae87361d4233497927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So a post was removed? Why? Because of the information shared?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't really know. It was up for a long time before it and all quoted responses were removed. I often referred to it in other forums. My recollection is that it was #432 in Thread #5. But it is gone now. I always thought it was quite strange that a member who had made some 30 very intelligent posts would simply disappear after making that one very long detailed post.

It could have been a fishing expedition by the SPD. We do not know if they know who did this crime. Maybe they do and maybe they don't. I keep hearing that they need a confession. I don't get that. If they truly know who it was why aren't they on him continuously, calling him in for questioning and generally making his life as difficult as possible. I am speculating that the real perp would feel compelled to out himself by revealing something only he and the police know through this post.

Alternatively, it may be that there is something bigger going on and believe me I have seen and heard everything over the years. What I can say is that I have had numerous on-line discussions with some wall known suspects and I don't believe they were involved. I have also had a quite pleasant phone calls from Steve Garrison who was one of the so-called "Grand Jury 3." I am informed, I believe correctly, that he has an iron clad alibi and he told me personally the other two weren't involved either. He was quite open about discussing the case. I have been thinking of writing him a letter and see if there is anything else worth knowing.

One of the first suspects to become known, as shown in the "48 Hour" piece said he didn't know (and I tend to believe him) that it was a single stalker. Since no one has to my knowledge broken silence over a quarter century, it makes sense to me that is an angle worth exploring.

We have the alleged sighting of a dirty white van of that era that came through the area and was also reported to have parked across the street looking at the house to see the comings and goings of the women. What is that all about? After they went missing, he and the van were never seen again. One might logically conclude there is a connection of sorts.

I have gone round and round with numerous people who seemingly know things but don't reveal their identities. For all I know any or all might be involved. I hate having to deal anonymous people but sometimes there is no way to avoid that. Some of the theories advanced were incredibly well thought out and logically presented.

But as to your question, the long post was put here for some reason and for some unknown reason the poster no longer responds to this case. Why not? No idea.

I would dearly love to know the motive. At one time I worked next door to Sherrill Levitt where she was working at the New Attitudes Salon which later moved to a different location. I have no recollection of ever seeing her although I do recall there were some other small businesses located in the mezzanine area of the old Heer's department store which closed several years ago. Two of my co-workers went to her but were never interviewed by the police. I used to think it was because of sloppy police work but their names did not appear on the list of 221 names of clients I received from another source. One of my co-workers went to Sherrill just three days before they went missing. I asked several times and it was always the same. They discussed their respective daughter's upcoming graduation.

Very frustrating.

I don't really know. It was up for a long time before it and all quoted responses were removed. I often referred to it in other forums. My recollection is that it was #432 in Thread #5. But it is gone now. I always thought it was quite strange that a member who had made some 30 very intelligent posts would simply disappear after making that one very long detailed post.

It could have been a fishing expedition by the SPD. We do not know if they know who did this crime. Maybe they do and maybe they don't. I keep hearing that they need a confession. I don't get that. If they truly know who it was why aren't they on him continuously, calling him in for questioning and generally making his life as difficult as possible. I am speculating that the real perp would feel compelled to out himself by revealing something only he and the police know through this post.

Alternatively, it may be that there is something bigger going on and believe me I have seen and heard everything over the years. What I can say is that I have had numerous on-line discussions with some wall known suspects and I don't believe they were involved. I have also had a quite pleasant phone calls from Steve Garrison who was one of the so-called "Grand Jury 3." I am informed, I believe correctly, that he has an iron clad alibi and he told me personally the other two weren't involved either. He was quite open about discussing the case. I have been thinking of writing him a letter and see if there is anything else worth knowing.

One of the first suspects to become known, as shown in the "48 Hour" piece said he didn't know (and I tend to believe him) that it was a single stalker. Since no one has to my knowledge broken silence over a quarter century, it makes sense to me that is an angle worth exploring.

We have the alleged sighting of a dirty white van of that era that came through the area and was also reported to have parked across the street looking at the house to see the comings and goings of the women. What is that all about? After they went missing, he and the van were never seen again. One might logically conclude there is a connection of sorts.

I have gone round and round with numerous people who seemingly know things but don't reveal their identities. For all I know any or all might be involved. I hate having to deal anonymous people but sometimes there is no way to avoid that. Some of the theories advanced were incredibly well thought out and logically presented.

But as to your question, the long post was put here for some reason and for some unknown reason the poster no longer responds to this case. Why not? No idea.

I would dearly love to know the motive. At one time I worked next door to Sherrill Levitt where she was working at the New Attitudes Salon which later moved to a different location. I have no recollection of ever seeing her although I do recall there were some other small businesses located in the mezzanine area of the old Heer's department store which closed several years ago. Two of my co-workers went to her but were never interviewed by the police. I used to think it was because of sloppy police work but their names did not appear on the list of 221 names of clients I received from another source. One of my co-workers went to Sherrill just three days before they went missing. I asked several times and it was always the same. They discussed their respective daughter's upcoming graduation.

Very frustrating.

You spoke to SG via Jail house phone call ? That must be interesting .

I never seriously considered him based on his MO and what we know about the 3MW . That said it’s still troubling to eliminate them . Because you have to have some articulable probable cause to present to the GJ . You can’t just say “
These bad dudes werein the area and maybe they did it”

Additionally, because a GJ failed to get a true bill dosen’t clear anyone . It just means they “ didn’t think the burden of proof was enough . Many GJ have been wrong .

Sooo if we knew what evidence was presented to the GJ we’d know how much additional facts are needed to present a new case . Remember recently more cases have gotten guilty verdicts on circumstantial evidence only , or no bodies .

Yes, he called me one Saturday morning as I was watching television at home.

What had happened was that h had called someone else over a misunderstanding. I had been brought up and he wanted to ensure that no intention was to threaten me. I never believed that anyway. I found him to be very cordial and friendly. He seemed to have accepted his sentence for what he had done.

He told me some other things that I found interesting as well.

As I have said I would invite him to visit in my own home.

The prosecutor later made some statements that appeared to cast doubt on what he had presented the grand jury. I think the three were scooped up as the “usual suspects” because they were on the street at that time.

Yes, he called me one Saturday morning as I was watching television at home.

What had happened was that hehad called someone else over a misunderstanding. I had been brought up and he wanted to ensure that no intention was to threaten me. I never believed that anyway. I found him to be very cordial and friendly. He seemed to have accepted his sentence for what he had done.

He told me some other things that I found interesting as well.

As I have said I would invite him to visit in my own home.

The prosecutor later made some statements that appeared to cast doubt on what he had presented the grand jury. I think the three were scooped up as the “usual suspects” because they were on the street at that time.

Correction: I said above the Garrison had been before the grand jury. I have no idea if he actually testified. The public was only provided the ages of the suspects and that they had met up at the Eldorado facility.

So far as I know the grand jury testimony is and was sealed to the present day.

The implication of the former prosecutor desiring that the three alleged men at the disputed “George’s” restaurant be found is indicative that the business of the “Grand Jury 3” was a dry hole. To my knowledge Garrison was never publicly outed as one of the three although most believe it was plausible in that he was subsequently convicted of the rape of the college student. He was taken from the city jail by an officer to a hotel where he “escaped.” Just wanted to clarify that.

I would reiterate that I don’t personally believe they were involved.

What I personally believe is that a lone stalker was the perp. But I wouldn’t rule out a cop either. Other officers have themselves said as much.

So the gj3 were incarcerated together in KS ? Do you know the time frame ? Exact months ?

So the gj3 were incarcerated together in KS ? Do you know the time frame ? Exact months ?

Yes. Offhand I don’t know the exact dates. You might check the Kansas database for that information. You would need their names, however.

Would that be important?

Do you know where I could see the “Vanished” trailer? I’ve seen it before but for some reason can’t find it in YouTube.

When I did watch this and heard Mrs. McCall make said statement, I thought she was referring to Cox and his then girlfriend...

QUOTE=Missouri Mule;13707187]I believe Suzie was also concerned with getting lost on the way home as she had not been there prior to that night.

The first I had heard that Suzie normally parked under the carport was the “Crime Watch” program. The other information was also my previous recollection.

Has everyone watched the “Vanished” trailer? Might be worth taking a look.

The officer obviously was referring to Cox.

Mrs. McCall also said she wanted to confront two individuals; one in prison and the other one on the street.

If the officer was talking about Cox, Then who was the one not on prison?[/QUOTE]

Do you know where I could see the “Vanished” trailer? I’ve seen it before but for some reason can’t find it in YouTube.

When I did watch this and heard Mrs. McCall make said statement, I thought she was referring to Cox and his then girlfriend...

QUOTE=Missouri Mule;13707187]I believe Suzie was also concerned with getting lost on the way home as she had not been there prior to that night.

The first I had heard that Suzie normally parked under the carport was the “Crime Watch” program. The other information was also my previous recollection.

Has everyone watched the “Vanished” trailer? Might be worth taking a look.

The officer obviously was referring to Cox.

Mrs. McCall also said she wanted to confront two individuals; one in prison and the other one on the street.

If the officer was talking about Cox, Then who was the one not on prison?
[/QUOTE]

Good question.

The Vanished video is available by doing a Google Search. I typed in Vanished Springfield Missing Women. It was on the second page. 6 minutes 23 seconds. Then just click on search result and I think will come up.

The officer was for sure talking about Cox.

Let me ask someone who might possibly know the one not in prison.

I watched it again just now. For such a short video it has more than
I had gotten out of the other sensationalized previous programs.

It is a certain fact that Cox was the one in prison.

At this time I do not know the other one not in prison. While I am attempting to get that name it is highly unlikely that person’s name will be published. I won’t personally. The suspect list has to be extremely small in number unless one believes there is another larger conspiracy involved. The problem with conspiracies is that if there is more than one perp involved one of the others will likely roll on the others.

I truly believe the single stalker makes a good deal of sense. While Cox is the one in prison it is highly unusual that some other inmate has not ratted him out.

We simply don’t have enough facts at this point.

The video will be well worth your time.

I watched it again just now. For such a short video it has more than
I had gotten out of the other sensationalized previous programs.

It is a certain fact that Cox was the one in prison.

At this time I do not know the other one not in prison. While I am attempting to get that name it is highly unlikely that person’s name will be published. I won’t personally. The suspect list has to be extremely small in number unless one believes there is another larger conspiracy involved. The problem with conspiracies is that if there is more than one perp involved one of the others will likely roll on the others.

I truly believe the single stalker makes a good deal of sense. While Cox is the one in prison it is highly unusual that some other inmate has not ratted him out.

We simply don’t have enough facts at this point.

The video will be well worth your time.

That is what I believe as well....to be a "secret" this long is quite impossible (I believe) for two or more to know. Just my opinion. I am the one who wonders whether they were stalked from the "alley" drive strip next to their house. They were so close to an industrial area, anything is possible! Thanks for keeping this thread alive and interesting!!

That is what I believe as well....to be a "secret" this long is quite impossible (I believe) for two or more to know. Just my opinion. I am the one who wonders whether they were stalked from the "alley" drive strip next to their house. They were so close to an industrial area, anything is possible! Thanks for keeping this thread alive and interesting!!

Hi all, brand new here and this is my very first post. I found this board quite by accident, looking for info on this case. I saw it mentioned elsewhere and how bizarre and heartbreaking it is.

It is absolutely astonishing to me that this case was never solved, and the post I quoted here is what really jumps out at me. A secret shared between one or more people is no longer a secret. I also believe that they were stalked too, and I believe this was the work of a professional(s). I don't believe this was random. I read a theory somewhere that perhaps the testimony Suzie was set to give has something to do with this, and I find it more than a coincidence that she was going to testify. It was posited that perhaps the graverobbers themselves didn't have anything to do with this, but that a greater and darker force was awoken that had a larger reach and ring of crime than just these acts.

Otherwise, there really isn't any other way, logically. Either a) someone acted alone and NEVER told anyone else, or b) a more experienced and/or professional criminal(s) carried this out. Snitches get stitches.

I think it is absolutely a sad coincidence that Suzie came home that night. The time frame that this happened was short, indicating that someone was watching for them to come home and waiting to see some lights go off and settling in taking place. I think Suzie was the target. Not to leave witnesses, the others were sadly taken as well.

It's been mentioned more than once that at the time, Springfield isn't a place where folks would lock their doors, back then. There's no sign of forced entry into the home, no struggle. So one of two things happened: the door was unlocked, and the abductor entered. Or, they knew the abductor and let him in (and yes, I think this was a him). I think they left the door unlocked. It was mentioned that Suzie was acting intoxicated so it's possible she overlooked locking up when she came in.

This whole thing is just sad :-(

Hi all, brand new here and this is my very first post. I found this board quite by accident, looking for info on this case. I saw it mentioned elsewhere and how bizarre and heartbreaking it is.

It is absolutely astonishing to me that this case was never solved, and the post I quoted here is what really jumps out at me. A secret shared between one or more people is no longer a secret. I also believe that they were stalked too, and I believe this was the work of a professional(s). I don't believe this was random. I read a theory somewhere that perhaps the testimony Suzie was set to give has something to do with this, and I find it more than a coincidence that she was going to testify. It was posited that perhaps the graverobbers themselves didn't have anything to do with this, but that a greater and darker force was awoken that had a larger reach and ring of crime than just these acts.

Otherwise, there really isn't any other way, logically. Either a) someone acted alone and NEVER told anyone else, or b) a more experienced and/or professional criminal(s) carried this out. Snitches get stitches.

I think it is absolutely a sad coincidence that Suzie came home that night. The time frame that this happened was short, indicating that someone was watching for them to come home and waiting to see some lights go off and settling in taking place. I think Suzie was the target. Not to leave witnesses, the others were sadly taken as well.

It's been mentioned more than once that at the time, Springfield isn't a place where folks would lock their doors, back then. There's no sign of forced entry into the home, no struggle. So one of two things happened: the door was unlocked, and the abductor entered. Or, they knew the abductor and let him in (and yes, I think this was a him). I think they left the door unlocked. It was mentioned that Suzie was acting intoxicated so it's possible she overlooked locking up when she came in.

Welcome to Websleuths!!! :wagon: :welcome6:

I think if the perp(s) were professional and or stalkers they would had cut the outside phone line. Abducting THREE people from a house is very chancy and that would be a glaringly obvious precaution.

Okay, I know we're not supposed to sleuth family and no doubt this has been answered before but how was Sherrill's son cleared? I don't want to upset or offend anyone or get myself tossed. I am just very curious and can't find what evidence has been presented to show that he, having what has been described as an acrimonious relationship with Sherrill and obviously knowing that his sister was graduating and not expected home, was cleared as a possible person of interest.

Interesting thought... There is so much speculation that the target was Suzie who would be testifying in court, had satanic books, ran with a dangerous crowd, etc. I do not believe Stacey was a target even if the crime was targeted at Suzie. I think Stacey was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It is a fair point to think that the original target may have solely been Sherrill (by her son) but due to a last minute change of plans Suzie and Stacey were home. I have not read extensively on this case as I have some others but from what I have read the brother had been physically violent with Suzie and was, as you said, not on speaking terms with either her or his mother. Suzie had been living with her brother and after his outbursts moved back in with her mother and it seemed that the two of them cut off contact with him. He does seem very remorseful of his actions towards his family and especially the fact that they weren't on speaking terms but it wouldn't be the first time a "grieving" family member ended up being the criminal.

With that said, I do not believe the son/brother had any involvement or knowledge or involvement in this case. People can have a history of hatred, emotional and physically violence towards a person/people but to kidnap, murder, hid three bodies and never break in 25 years...that's a whole new level. From what I understand I do not think the brother ever was/is a POI. Of course it's possible but that is only my thought. I do believe this was the work of two people who were criminals even before this took place. It is so unfortunate that all of the friends were in and out of the house meaning well and even deleted phone messages!

Does anyone know what the deal is of why they have not been to dig into that parking garage where three objects resembling bodies was scanned? I do think the bodies will be recovered at some point but do not believe an arrest will ever be made.

Does anyone know what the deal is of why they have not been to dig into that parking garage where three objects resembling bodies was scanned? I do think the bodies will be recovered at some point but do not believe an arrest will ever be made.
"Digging up the area and subsequently reconstructing this structure would be extremely costly, and without any reasonable belief that the bodies could be located here, it is illogical to do so, and for those reasons SPD does not intend to," Cox said. "Investigators have determined this lead to not be credible."

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2017/05/30/25-years-after-three-springfield-women-went-missing-tips-still-trickle/101753510/

I believe the three bodies are buried there.

It may be that someone at CoxHealth has political connections or connections to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021