FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right -- good point -- yes they do. They'll have to have probable cause for the search so they can get a search warrant -- I hope there's enuff cause. We'll see....

And,

:wagon: to Websleuths, jimmyonishi!! We're glad you're here!! :drumroll::drumroll:

I saw that the police were in the parking lot of McDonald's searching luggage that was in the trunk of the car. They may very well find everything they need right there. But I'm sure a search of his home will also happen. It is amazing how close to what I thought he looked like is what he looks like. Same build, height, and facial features. I'm guessing he will never walk with the confidence he did after leaving each murder scene, because that was a very unique walk.

It would be interesting to know whether any of the home surveillance tapes, or those of businesses, show a red Mustang parked in the area on those specific dates.
Would such tape still exist?

It will be very interesting to see how it all unfolds. It is surprising that he isn't from this neighborhood but was walking through it with such ease and knew where to find his victims and get away so quickly. I wonder if he was ever stopped during this investigation with all that police presence surrounding the neighborhood....

At first it was a play-doh commercial but I clicked on a link above it and was able to see the suspect walking in a white jumpsuit. It sort of made me feel sad for him. He ruined his life with the game he played and I get it he needs to be locked up for life, but I have a feeling this is going to be capital murder with death penalty on the table and that's where I felt saddness for him. I don't believe in the death penalty for many reasons, but mainly because for me it seems like a easy way out of punishment. Life in prison is much harsher a penalty JMHO....

Thank you for this link, it's got good backround information on the suspect and his life prior to becoming a killer. I can't help but wonder what triggered his murderous spree? He destroyed so many lives, devastated a entire community, and from outward appearances he seemed to have a good future ahead of him and he threw it all away and hurt so many people including his own family..... Just trying to make sense of it all...

Thank you for this link, it's got good backround information on the suspect and his life prior to becoming a killer. I can't help but wonder what triggered his murderous spree? He destroyed so many lives, devastated a entire community, and from outward appearances he seemed to have a good future ahead of him and he threw it all away and hurt so many people including his own family..... Just trying to make sense of it all...

I would like to know the motive too...well he has not only destroyed his own life but the lives of the families and friends who were his victims.

A lot of people knew the perp. Did any of them suspect him? Also, why did he take the risk of leaving the gun with the manager instead of leaving it in the car? It seems he wanted to get caught IMO.

There was a interview with one of his co-workers at McDonald's who told him he looked like the suspect and they joked about it. She probably should have made a call to the tip line. It sort of goes to show that sometimes the very person is standing right in front of us and we don't quite see it. It might be a subconcious feature of our brains that protects us from danger. It's as though she knew it was him but dismissed it too easily...

Holy cow! :happydance: Thank goodness! Just seeing this, was busy with Mariah's amber alert, wow, going back to read! So excited!!!

This is awesome news for sure and like you I'll go back to Mariah's thread too.

I don't get it.....at a loss.

He had a resume according to that linked in profile.

And now he was working at McDonalds? What happened?

no criminal record, and he suddenly becomes a serial killer...his victims strangers to him?

That certainly is the million dollar question!! I wonder where he was going since it's what actually got him caught. His luggage in the trunk of his car, the gun, all that LE to link him up right there. Maybe he had a better job offer lined up. It's scary to think he would have moved to a different location and took up killing again. He knew he could no longer kill in Seminole Heights again, so was that the reason he decided to leave? So many questions....

I looked at his facebook page.
Claims he graduated from St. Johns University.
Studied Computer Science.
St. Johns has quite a reputation.
He should have landed a high paying job.
Something is off. I dont get it.

Give that mcd's worker the reward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]BREAKING: Man charged in Tampa murders[/h]

[FONT="]Police Chief Brian Dugan has identified the man as 24-year-old Howell E. Donaldson III.[/FONT]

Howell%20E.%20Donaldson%20III%20CLEAN_1511953679366_4574132_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/tip-leads-tpd-to-mcdonalds-in-ybor-city#

So glad to read this news. Hopefully, this brings some relief to the families and the people who live in that area.

I'm having the same reaction as the rest of you: Why does a young man from a good family, good income, good education, etc. resort to such horrific acts? Some kind of rage? Mental illness that hasn't been diagnosed? This young man has led a fairly privileged life. He should have been out accomplishing things, making his way in the world.

Shell casings and cell phone data link the man police arrested Tuesday to four recent murders in Seminole Heights, an arrest report shows.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...uspect-in-Seminole-Heights-slayings_163105591

Snip
Investigators found SIG brand Smith & Wesson .40 caliber shell casings at all four of the locations where Monica Hoffa, Benjamin Mitchell, Anthony Naiboa and Ronald Felton were found shot to death between Oct. 9 and Nov. 14, the report states.

The casings found at the scene of Felton’s murder were not available for comparison but had previously been identified as being fired from the same gun of the first three murders. the report says.

Donaldson told police that he "was unfamiliar with the area identified as the Seminole Heights neighborhood, and he did not have any association with anyone in the area," Hill wrote.

I just don't get it.

He's managed to elude police for 51 days, and apparently wasn't even on their radar.

So he decides to go to his work, driving a vehicle, and instead of leaving his gun in the car, and instead of driving his car to the paycheck place, takes his gun in and asks a co-worker to hang on to it while he goes to cash his check?

Why didn't he just drive to the check cashing place, leave the gun in the car, go cash his check and be on his merry way?

Maybe he subconsciously wanted to be caught and at the same time gave his coworkers some cash. Nah, that guys mind doesn't work that way....

I hope that they didn't protect him. They must have known the guy in the video looked like him. MOO

Seeing where he lived and worked, etc. I don't see how his friends and family didn't recognize him. In news articles, many of his friends and school mates said they recognized him in the videos. Why did it take so long for people to come forward? It could have saved some lives.

Seminole Heights Killings: Timeline of events that led to arrest of Howell Emanuel Donaldson III

"A witnessed provided a sworn statement to law enforcement that she saw an African-American male shoot Felton. The same witness told police that the suspect ran eastbound in the 900 block of East McBerry Street. The witness described the male as approximately 6-feet tall with a thin, strong build.

Video surveillance footage from a nearby business shows a single suspect shoot Felton as he crossed Nebraska Avenue.

All four murders took place in the Southeast Seminole Heights neighborhood of Tampa.

The F.D.L.E. and A.T.F. analysis of the fired cartridge casings recovered from all four scenes proved that the same firearm was used to shoot all four victims. The casings were further identified as being fired in a Glock .40 caliber handgun."

"During the ongoing investigation related to the pattern of the homicides, call detail records were obtained from AT&T. The records showed that within minutes of the murders on October 9, October 11, and October 19, Davidson's cell phone was geographically associated with the AT&T cell tower providing coverage for the areas that include all the homicide locations.

Clothing Found in Car

When police searched Donaldson's car, they found clothing that looked similar to the clothes worn by the subject captured in surveillance video the night Benjamin Mitchell was murdered. The arrest affidavit states that police saw what appeared to be a blood stain on an article of clothing

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...ead-to-arrest-of-howell-emanuel-donaldson-iii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get it.....at a loss.

He had a resume according to that linked in profile.

And now he was working at McDonalds? What happened?

no criminal record, and he suddenly becomes a serial killer...his victims strangers to him?

So glad LE has charged him.

JMO
I am going to guess that the move to Florida was one of the triggers for him. Lots of New Yorkers end up moving to Florida and I have to wonder if he didnt want to move there.

The suitcase in the car seemed like he may have been planning to move back on his own or something. The motive of him doing the killings may have been him simply acting out because of the move to Florida.

He was obviously a very disturbed individual.

So glad LE has the right guy behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288