Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.29.17 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The what what part is him stalling for time while he tries to freestyle another rhyme.
No freestyle. The lyrics were written down and the rap continued on... But for some reason ONLY that part was filmed by DM. The rest trails off and is almost inaudible. Perhaps DM had the footage he needed?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

RSBM
I am wondering if MS will give the narrative that he was just singing the rap and didn't write it. Or it was co-written. DM filmed him performing a song he wrote. I've watched it a few times. Why does he seem surprised when he says," if you going swimming you can find her phone. find her phone? what? What? Find her phone? If you go swimming you can find her phone"
Maybe I'm overanalyzing but it doesn't seem as put together as the other crap raps he's spewed previously. MOO

BBM he is trying to be a smart *advertiser censored*, sarcastic #@%! - his idea of funny/cute play dumb (maybe) How i see it.

BBM he is trying to be a smart *advertiser censored*, sarcastic #@%! - his idea of funny/cute play dumb (maybe) How i see it.
None of it is funny. Sick

his smart *advertiser censored* behaviour is what got him here. On trial for murder 1 for the second time.

Are the Babcocks suing Millard and Noudga for Laura's death? If not, they should and they should make sure to name Noudga in the lawsuit. She played a huge part in this, for which she goes unpunished.
Not just for the money, but so they can have closure. There were and I think, still are, too many people on the Millard payroll which Noudga and Burns still have access to. Noudga mentioned going to med school? I hope not, I wouldn't want her as my doctor.
It was done to appease Noudga, Millard's idea, and Smich went along with it for the money. All three are guilty but only two were charged.

Not necessarily. They were already arrested for TB's murder, and then were charged with LB's murder. They were already in jail, you can't re-arrest someone.

Very misleading wording, it's bothering me :thinking:

Probably worded that way to avoid bringing up the TB case.

I took this to mean you are referring to DM not LB, correct?
Psychopathy is not a mental illness.
Actually... a line in wikipedia (lol sorry I know) says this- Psychopathy often considered untreatable. It's unique characteristics makes it among the most refractory of personality disorders, a class of mental illnesses that are already traditionally considered difficult to treat.

I looked Psychopathy and sociopathy up for interest. Even though it might not be so named as a mental illness - it sure seems like form of brain illness. Without getting too technical.

as a side i don't think depression and schizophrenia/bipolar should be classified together.

In addition to my previous post, there was not only MillardAir, but also Millard Properties. The newspapers quote "tax assessment value". I live in the GTA and am well aware that "tax assessment value" and "market value" are two different things. His properties are worth quite a few million.

There is only one gun in this trial. No one can possible believe given the evidence given that it was a cold call as even MWJ had to say.

I think we’re defining cold call differently here. On recall to the stand, MWJ had to acknowledge he had had past discussions with DM about guns prior to June 2012. We have evidence of that in Jan/Feb of 2012, for example. But as far as the gun in this trial, MWJ contacted DM unsolicited in June because he had a gun he wanted to broker. That’s what I am referring to as a cold call.

I think we’re defining cold call differently here. On recall to the stand, MWJ had to acknowledge he had had past discussions with DM about guns prior to June 2012. We have evidence of that in Jan/Feb of 2012, for example. But as far as the gun in this trial, MWJ contacted DM unsolicited in June because he had a gun he wanted to broker. That’s what I am referring to as a cold call.
I get what you are saying, but I think it's been very well documented that DM was trying to get a gun from MWJ, so I don't know if I'd really call it a cold call. MWJ knew DM was interested.

Millard stands at a wooden podium and reads this out loud:

"The parties agree the following is an accurate statement of fact: day of arrest. Dellen Millard and Mark Smich were arrested and charged with the murder of Laura Babcock on April 10, 2014."

Second admission:

Mr. Nando Larocuqe (spelling unknown) purchased a .32 calibre smith and weston firearm from Ms. Thersea Boisvert. This is the same gun that was found at Maple Gate in fall of 2012. On June 24, 2012, Mr. Larocoque sold it to Matthew Odlum (spelling unknown) in Toronto. When he sold it, there was no ammunition in it.

Code now tells the jury he needs their patience.

"We've got one final issue we've got to sort out. It's realistically going to take us the morning, I'm going to ask you to find a nice patio or restaurant and have a slow relaxed morning drinking good coffee, non alcoholic." (big laugh in the courtroom).

He says the court is making "good progress."

Jury is dismissed until 2:15 p.m. ET.

by Shannon Martin 10:59 AM

Hhmmm...with respect to his rationale for bringing up when they were arrested and charged, I wonder if he is trying to make it seem like LE didn't do their job in the disappearance of LB and then tried to pin it on DM and MS after the fact. They searched MS home in 2013 and did not find LB's red bag and iPad until a later search. He may try to say that it was planted evidence. It doesn't explain his jailhouse letter which is the smoking gun.
It is a stretch and would have been brought up sooner if DM or TD was going to use it. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I tried to put together my feelings and observations after spending a day in the courtroom today…it is very emotional and raw…so please try not to judge too hard…

As many of you, I was drawn into this human drama by TB case - the randomness and the senseless of it was shocking and I admire SB who handled this with such bravery and grace…and as many of you I continued following LB case…

So to describe my feelings today in one word, it would be - sad…I feel deeply saddened to witness such a regression – so much opportunities just wasted….life is lost….grieving parents on both sides perhaps blaming themselves for missing on something in their relationships with their child….loss of freedom…wasted life….

I keep asking myself – why and how young, handsome and talented people choose this path? They all have different backgrounds and came from different social circles…one thing in common thought was drugs…so is it drugs to blame? Bad upbringing/parenting? Dysfunctional family?

Few observations inside the courtroom:

Judge – old, looked tired - at times exhausted, but sharp and firm
Crown Jill Cameron – she is a beauty… pleasant manners and voice…very professional
Crown Ken Lockhart – very professional too…need a new hair dresser – no offence!
MS’s Defense Dungey – seems to be enjoying himself…smiling all the time during breaks
MS – you would hardly notice his presence…dressed simple – jeans and shirt…short haircut....he is touching his hear/head very often….he faced public only once and smiled to somebody he knew with a ‘normal’ broad smile not a grin
DM – looks lost and lonely (IMHO!)...horrible haircut and clothes…good manners…handles legal technicalities well enough…did not make any eye contacts….was exchanging words with his legal assistant only….was all business….

It could be worse, he could have hired CN!

Remember when she claimed she did not wipe any evidence, and then, she didn't know it was evidence because her family was from the Ukraine?

She was 2 or 3 when they left. lol.

Inspector North, I am constantly amazed by all the facts and events that you remember. You have an incredibly memory ... Wow! [emoji4]

I can't say we know that for sure.
The closing is each party's version of the story the evidence is supposed to tell.
So... DM could basically say MS was the last to see LB alive, per the letters.
And MS could basically say, No evidence points to me, it was him based on cell pings and my obliviousness to spliffs and missions.
And the Crown could basically say... MS got DM the tools, DM did the execution and they both did the clean up.
And the judge will review each piece of evidence and scenario with the Jury...
And then the jury will decide...

IMHO. MOO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What is the spliff I keep reading about? What does it mean in context with Laura’s trial? TIA.

I get what you are saying, but I think it's been very well documented that DM was trying to get a gun from MWJ, so I don't know if I'd really call it a cold call. MWJ knew DM was interested.

He had already successfully bought one in the past and there is nothing to suggest DM was actively shopping in June. MWJ explicitly said “hey haven’t heard from you in a while” or something to that effect. To me this was MWJ trying to make money off a guy who had had interest in the past. It’s iffy as the murder weapon anyway, and extra iffy as part of a grand plan considering it just kind of fell into his lap.

Question, when the Judge Charges the Jury in this case, is an audience allowed to be present in the courtroom or just the jury? Are the reporters allowed to report all of that? It seems that if he has to go ever every piece of evidence maybe we would be able to see/hear some of which was not reported, or not reported well.....

Yes, the public can hear the judge’s change to the jury, and it will be live blogged. It is always fascinating to me.

Can the crown appeal a not guilty verdict? That seems like double jeopardy to me (I know that’s an American thing....but think we have something like it?)

Yes, the Crown can and does appeal non guilty verdicts. That is what happened to poor Guy Paul Morin ... found not guilty, Crown appealed, got 2nd trial where he was found guilty, and then later exonerated by DNA evidence. Still feel deeply sad for all Guy and his family went through for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member