FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rsbm

Gave consent to search his vehicle; clothing was found in the trunk that is similar to what the shooter is seen wearing in the surveillance video obtained around the time of the 2nd shooting. Possible blood stain noted on one item of clothing.

He did not confess to the murders (it's being said a lot online that he did) and he asked for a lawyer.

Editing to add: also some cell phone geographic info that links his phone to the tower in the area.

Seems to be disorganized offender as I anticipated, moo.

The above link mentions that TD purchased the gun and 20 rounds of ammunition at the same time. Five live rounds were contained in the gun's magazine when handed to the McD employee. Do we have a count of how many total shots were fired in the four murders? Rsbm

Omg...that's creepy.

I believe that Trai purchased the gun in October and don't know if he went to NY recently, so I'm not sure why NY wants ballistic tests. But I suppose they're being careful and don't believe it's his first rodeo.

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Tampa-police-chief-says-same-gun-used-in-4-slayings-460788553.html

From the above link, note the word "minor":

"Donaldson attended St. John's University in Queens, graduating in January 2017. Police in New York said he had an arrest in 2014 for a minor crime, but the arrest was sealed."

"New York City police say they would like ballistics results of the gun used in the Tampa, Florida, killings to see if it matches any unsolved crimes in New York."

Snip

"NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said police will go back through cold cases to see whether Donaldson could be linked to any crimes."

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Tampa-police-chief-says-same-gun-used-in-4-slayings-460788553.html

*it will be very interesting to see what comes of this.

(**ftr: even if not a match, could be a different weapon.)

"Dugan said he's spoken to Donaldson, who he said was "pretty non-responsive" and subdued."

Snip

"Television station WFLA, citing an arrest report, said a search of Donaldson's cellphone found location data storage that indicated three days of recorded times and activities that correspond with the first three shootings on Oct. 9, Oct. 11 and Oct. 19.

The report says Donaldson asked for a lawyer while talking with police."

(Interesting...)

"Dugan said he's spoken to Donaldson, who he said was "pretty non-responsive" and subdued."

Snip

"Television station WFLA, citing an arrest report, said a search of Donaldson's cellphone found location data storage that indicated three days of recorded times and activities that correspond with the first three shootings on Oct. 9, Oct. 11 and Oct. 19.

The report says Donaldson asked for a lawyer while talking with police."

(Interesting...)

Imo, just because someone comes off a nice guy or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean they don't like killing. In other words, maybe there wasn't some big "switch" that happened...maybe it's always been innate, just a plain desire to kill, as opposed to some kind of "breakdown" and despite whatever personality or mannerisms he outwardly projected.

has anyone sleuthed out photos of the suspect wearing similar clothes as seen in the surveillance videos?

He returns to the old, boarded up home like a moth is drawn to the flame.

From a psychological perspective, perhaps he kept going back to the old, boarded-up home (& inhabitating it) during the last few months to avoid the reality of his current life elsewhere which he may feel is abysmal....

and yet....

There is no comfort in the old boarded up home because he had no solace there. Yes, he had dreams of a bright future then but there were events of anger and pain caused about by others there. A childhood robbed by those who should’ve protected him as a child? It triggers him and he was too small to protect himself and others then but he can now. He becomes filled with PTSD-like rage/anger/disassociation. And if he is recreationally using drugs/alcohol, it will make things worse. It boils up & overflows but he cannot put those emotions into words as he has been firmly instructed to “tell no one”.

All of the above is purely moo and speculation but I strongly feel the boarded up house holds the key to a story of anger and abuse; victim hood and vendettas. He felt compelled to go back to the old home but instead of feeling comfort, it triggered unresolved and unaddressed traumas. Ones he could never talk about but were broiling under the surface. He tries to juggle the concept of remaining loyal and quiet about the offender versus finding a way to acquiesce while having limited “tools” and resources to do so.

This does not justify what he did, of course.

I wonder if he can verbalize anything to LE so we can learn how to prevent these occurrences? Or will he continue to have flattened emotions and shut down while he broils inside as he has always done?

I wonder why on another bio for him it said computer science major with a minor in something athletic (can’t remember, might have been sports management?) I can’t find the link anymore.

if someone knows how it would be
interesting to know if he actually graduated

His jobs were entry level menial stuff

something was going on for him coming out mental onset something

Lifelong friends say he is the best guy ever. New coworkers say he is not friendly and does not fit in.

Wondering what he was like in college in New York

Fellow basketball players at college described him as having a 'chip on his shoulders'.
Just heard this AM he took 6 years of college to graduate.

I saw that also. Was it something he'd written, maybe??[/QUOTE

The stuff was creative writing all the way through !

How the media turned a ticket taker at 23 years of age into a career was somewhat colorful -- there was something amusing in there too that was a one time thing

who would put in a vocational history one time "shift"!!!!

Provided customers with french fries at the Convention of Resume Tips!!

Realistically nothing has been verified about his past .

Arghhh! Media got it wrong again! #3 in this article shows a sketch of who they say TPD had previously released as the suspected serial killer....

But its of Dontae Lampkins suspected killer NOT the seminole serial killer.

However, it looks a lot like Donaldson IMO and I still think DL was one of his victims too.

For those saying that he could be covering for someone- I would agree except for the fact that HIS phone records match the geo info from murders.

Im hesitant to believe anything in the aforementioned article bc of the major misinformation on #3, but with regard to the family beauty business. I remember thr beauty supply store on Hillsborough calling TPD the day Felton was killed. I heard it over the scanner.

What exact day and time was the incident at McDonald's? Id like to pull the scanner archive and listen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member