Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that WM will turn on Sini. If he isn't able to get her approval, the "fix" of her will eventually wane. That's my opinion.
I think he is seething right now. It isn't working out at all the way he expected....

The Dr said that at the time she was treating Sherin, she was not in daycare/school and that the parents were the sole care providers, so she had to have started school after stopping seeing this Dr, which i believe was in July but don't quote me!

As to WM. Today I had some very interesting thoughts on his demeanor and body language, however I don't want to post here because I am not sure if that sort of speculation is against TOS.

I will say after watching, and rewatching, and slowing down the video of his "smile" I felt that it was NOT necessarily a smile. I think he attempted to speak to Sini and he realized she wouldn't even glance at him and it quickly turned into anger and ended with what appeared to me as his mouth quivering as he choked back some tears. In that moment, I feel that he likely felt used and rejected and I believe after the next hearing, we will likely have him give story 3.0 which will likely include him flipping on Sini with a new version of the truth. The look on his face IMO was that he felt betrayed in that moment where she didn't look at him, and as a result, I think he will tell a new story that "punishes" her. Hopefully, it will finally be the whole truth.

JMO and please remove if anything is against TOS Thanks!!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ps-spring-finding-girl-several-bone-fractures

Can you give me a link for the video? I've mainly been on Mariah's thread for two days and altho I thought I read all the posts from yesterday here I must have missed the link for the hearing. Thank you so very much!

The Dr said that at the time she was treating Sherin, she was not in daycare/school and that the parents were the sole care providers, so she had to have started school after stopping seeing this Dr, which i believe was in July but don't quote me!

As to WM. Today I had some very interesting thoughts on his demeanor and body language, however I don't want to post here because I am not sure if that sort of speculation is against TOS.

I will say after watching, and rewatching, and slowing down the video of his "smile" I felt that it was NOT necessarily a smile. I think he attempted to speak to Sini and he realized she wouldn't even glance at him and it quickly turned into anger and ended with what appeared to me as his mouth quivering as he choked back some tears. In that moment, I feel that he likely felt used and rejected and I believe after the next hearing, we will likely have him give story 3.0 which will likely include him flipping on Sini with a new version of the truth. The look on his face IMO was that he felt betrayed in that moment where she didn't look at him, and as a result, I think he will tell a new story that "punishes" her. Hopefully, it will finally be the whole truth.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ps-spring-finding-girl-several-bone-fractures

If her parents were the sole care-givers, does this mean Sini or Wesley took parental leave after the adoption to care for her?

Undoubtedly Sherin died at the hands of one or both of her so called parents. WM admitted to that and hiding/removal of Sherin's body.
SM has been charged with child endangerment because of them leaving Sherin home alone for an hour and a half. So far that's all we have got legally, and the Dr. reporting to CPS as they have to do if they suspect abuse.
The article i posted up was interesting and there are quite a few other studies done in medical papers/studies of children born in third world countries with some of those diseases that have been caused by malnourishment, which can have lasting effects on a child that refeeding can't fix. You can google about all that and there is plenty of info out there on it all.
And Sherin did come from India where she was malnourished and her growth probably stunted as well because of it. All IMO.

Yes, I can't deny any of that. I was in a shocked and appalled state when I posted last night, so angry and upset for Sherin.

I do think that if this comes to trial that there's going to have to be a lot of experts looking at the x-rays and scans of those bones and compare the injuries to what Sini claimed caused them, to look again at all the blood tests etc for any potential weakness of the bones that might make breaks and fractures happen easier than they ought to and with lighter forces applied.

Even so, as a non-expert I am thinking that if the nature of the break doesn't match what Sini claimed happened, then even with some bone weakness it seems likely that she could be covering the true cause.

And then, why didn't the earlier x-rays show breaks and fractures that were well healed and clearly occurred prior to adoption? Why did they start to occur so soon after the adoption?

I know that years ago there have been horror stories of children who probably did have health issues leading to bones breaking easier than they ought to and that led to miscarriages of justice against parents and caregivers. But there's been 20 or 30 years of expertise in this subject gathered since then, so I have a bit more faith that they will be able to make a solid and fair determination in this case, but I don't have as much faith that opposing expert testimony can be fairly judged in court by a non-expert jury.

Knowing of Sherin's death, knowing there absolutely was abuse that at least included 'forcing' her to eat or take liquid nutrition, that it did include leaving Sherin home on at least one occasion while the rest of the family went out for a happy time, it makes me more suspicious that those breaks were caused by abuse, perhaps the breaks were exacerbated by nutritional deficiencies or something, but I still fear that there was an abuse component in them.

I haven't seen the video of the most recent custody hearing, and am trying to find a link for it.

I did find a link to re-watch WM leaving the first custody hearing, and it was very interesting to see again

https://www.ksat.com/video/video-sh...t-for-custody-hearing-for-biological-daughter

Look closely at his face when each question is asked by the reporter. He's holding a lot inside, and the things he's thinking and not saying seem to be genuinely painful for him.

I know there were suggestions earlier in the threads about possibly SM suffering from Stockholm Syndrome as an abused spouse, but I'm wondering if it's WM suffering the Stockholm Syndrome. Combine these facial expressions with that question about 'did you say that WM would cover up/protect you?', and WM's insistence in his stories that he was solely responsible for everything from Sherin's abuse, death, through to hiding the body.

I am totally open to him being an active part in any abuse, but I also wondering these things.

I wanted to see that video where people here have said that one of the Mathews looked over at the other, because I wanted to see if one of them is looking for approval from the other, and which way around it is, and I am interested in the opinions of others here on that matter...so that is a very interesting comment from you!

Yes, I can't deny any of that. I was in a shocked and appalled state when I posted last night, so angry and upset for Sherin.

I do think that if this comes to trial that there's going to have to be a lot of experts looking at the x-rays and scans of those bones and compare the injuries to what Sini claimed caused them, to look again at all the blood tests etc for any potential weakness of the bones that might make breaks and fractures happen easier than they ought to and with lighter forces applied.

Even so, as a non-expert I am thinking that if the nature of the break doesn't match what Sini claimed happened, then even with some bone weakness it seems likely that she could be covering the true cause.

And then, why didn't the earlier x-rays show breaks and fractures that were well healed and clearly occurred prior to adoption? Why did they start to occur so soon after the adoption?

I know that years ago there have been horror stories of children who probably did have health issues leading to bones breaking easier than they ought to and that led to miscarriages of justice against parents and caregivers. But there's been 20 or 30 years of expertise in this subject gathered since then, so I have a bit more faith that they will be able to make a solid and fair determination in this case, but I don't have as much faith that opposing expert testimony can be fairly judged in court by a non-expert jury.

Knowing of Sherin's death, knowing there absolutely was abuse that at least included 'forcing' her to eat or take liquid nutrition, that it did include leaving Sherin home on at least one occasion while the rest of the family went out for a happy time, it makes me more suspicious that those breaks were caused by abuse, perhaps the breaks were exacerbated by nutritional deficiencies or something, but I still fear that there was an abuse component in them.

They left her ALONE, at least once, for 1 1/2 hrs while they went out to eat. They killed her and then they dumped her little body in a nasty culvert for vermin and maggots to feed on. I don't think it's a huge leap to believe these 'people' broke her bones while she was alive rather than her bones broke because of some deficiency. The pediatrician who reported them to CPS didn't believe that was the case so why on earth, everything considered, would anyone else????

At the end of the video labeled Sherin Mathews Father Pleads The Fifth...

I think it's a smile, but I think it's the smile of someone who's desperately looking for approval from someone who they hold up on a pedestal, it feels like the expression of an abused child or puppy looking up at the parent/master and saying, "have I done okay, will you smile back at me with that smile that means you love me and I did okay?" I don't think he looked angry afterward, I think he looked a bit disappointed but was trying to internally excuse it that she was being herded away.

JMO. I'm worried about saying these things lest I am leading anyone to see what I see even though it's not there. But I also expect a chorus of "you're nuts" and I want that because I want to be wrong. If it was true, no one would believe it. I wouldn't fall for that defense. But if it's right, and I don't have any understanding of the psychology behind this, I think that given that look over 'for approval' it could be very hard for his defense team to break this and encourage him to tell the truth if that means incriminating someone who he's programmed to protect at all costs even to the point of his adopted daughter's death and himself getting life in jail or the dp. The public find this hard enough to believe in a woman...not many would believe it in a man.

ETA I've just caught up with the last page of posts, and I see that I'm not the only one seeing these things, and there are a few people using the phrase "looking for approval".

I don't know a lot about it, but full-on Stockholm Syndrome I think is extremely hard to break even with psychological help. I think he'd make any excuse in the world for her. Her not patting him on the head approvingly in one situation is not going to break it at all imho.

They left her ALONE, at least once, for 1 1/2 hrs while they went out to eat. They killed her and then they dumped her little body in a nasty culvert for vermin and maggots to feed on. I don't think it's a huge leap to believe these 'people' broke her bones while she was alive rather than her bones broke because of some deficiency. The pediatrician who reported them to CPS didn't believe that was the case so why on earth, everything considered, would anyone else????

You're right and I agree. But it's valuable to have people in here playing Devil's Advocate, suggesting other things to think about. If we don't consider those things fairly, then we can't rule them out fairly and it just becomes a kangaroo court.

Completely agree with this! I for one have absolutely no problem believing it. Just hoping the DA when it comes to trial doesn't fail Sherin like so many others.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm typing before thinking again. But this is what's in my head. Pure conjecture based on what I'm seeing so far.

WM wants a baby. WM asks, "will it love me and adore me? Will it make me look good to the outside world?" Okay, so she decides to agree to a baby. They try for a baby and it doesn't happen.

"Let's look into adoption" suggests WM. Okay, so they get onto the adoption list for India. And then SM falls pregnant.

The baby comes, a beautiful baby girl who looks up at her mother with love and adoration every time she's fed! Perfect.

But they've told everyone, family, church, that they're going to adopt a poor abandoned baby from a tough background in India. Everyone thought they were marvelous. Sini's got what she wanted, but they can't back out now, and WM thinks that if Sini loves their bio child so much and one baby makes her happy, then things will be twice as good with another baby, right?

No.

SM: "This child is broken, it doesn't love me the way baby 1 does!"

WM: "It will get better, I'll take over more of the baby-caring duties when I'm home, I swear" SM: "you better..."

But I surmise that WM's job is out of the home for a lot of hours, SM's job is mostly home-based via the work laptop, so when Sherin's not in childcare, SM still spends the bulk of the time caring for her and frustration building in her that Sherin isn't bonding with her very well, even attempts to hug and get a smile from her don't really work. She finds it hard to be tender with a child like Sherin, any misbehavior leads to rough treatment when SM is in a particularly bad mood.

WM comes home from work, Sherin's arm or leg is swollen but she gives him a smile and a hug, and maybe she's never that huggy anyway. But WM is concerned, "Sini, maybe she should see a doctor, I'd take her or go with you but I have to work...just tell them what you told me that she fell off the sofa or the swing"

Things don't get better. Every time he makes excuses, because this woman can do no wrong in his eyes, everything that goes wrong is his fault, it's Sherin's fault, it's never Sini's fault.

Because Sherin came in to the USA from a third world country orphanage where she was malnourished and because children in these types of situations will develop health problems.
If & when this case goes to Trial the defense attorney will probably bring in their own medical expert to perhaps refute the doctor that reported the abuse to CPS because that is what DA's do.
What kind of testing did Sherin have in India before she came to be with the Mathew's? What was in her medical notes? What is in the doctor's notes that treated Sherin for the fractures, and what testing was done on Sherin in the USA to rule out thoroughly any medical issues apart from treating the fractures? None of us know the answers to these questions yet. I don't know either and until we hear more hopefully at Trial, guess we will have to see what happens.
Leaving very young children home alone is not unheard of and in the U.K. there are many such cases, not that it is ever okay IMO.

Sorry if already posted:

CPS Commissioner: Child Protective Services failed Sherin Mathews
http://www.wfaa.com/news/cps-commissioner-child-protective-services-failed-sherin-mathews/495948908

"The CPS Commissioner, in an exclusive interview with WFAA, said he is disappointed with the CPS' investigation in the Sherin Mathews case and promises to get to the bottom of it."

*he answers questions at link

The statement by the CPS Commissioner is definitely the understatement of the decade!! I hope he is sincere in his promises to get to the bottom of it & not just mouthing platitudes in an attempt gain public trust. I have years of experience working in clerical positions at Residential Treatment Centers, Child Placing Agencies, & Foster Homes. Here are the problem as I see them. The CPS system in Texas is one of of the most politically influenced agencies in the state of Texas. There are hundreds of extremely knowledgeable, deeply concerned, caring & overworked caseworkers. Of course there are a few bad apples but they are most definitely in the minority. The problem is with their supervisors, middle, & upper management. They are political creatures who have never worked 'down in the trenches' so to speak & whose priorities are to advance their own careers. They actually have little or no idea of what goes on in the real world. There is a very limited amount of what a caseworker can accomplish unless they have the understanding & support of their superiors. IMO, Texas CPS workers have the most thankless jobs in the state. We shouldn't forget even more political animals, the judges, a lot of whom know as much about child welfare as I know about flying to the moon. Until CPS is totally reorganized from the top, we will continue to have many more Sherin Matthews to mourn. This is all JMO based on situations I have personally seen & it is heartbreaking.

Because Sherin came in to the USA from a third world country orphanage where she was malnourished and because children in these types of situations will develop health problems.
If & when this case goes to Trial the defense attorney will probably bring in their own medical expert to perhaps refute the doctor that reported the abuse to CPS because that is what DA's do.
What kind of testing did Sherin have in India before she came to be with the Mathew's? What was in her medical notes? What is in the doctor's notes that treated Sherin for the fractures, and what testing was done on Sherin in the USA to rule out thoroughly any medical issues apart from treating the fractures? None of us know the answers to these questions yet. I don't know either and until we hear more hopefully at Trial, guess we will have to see what happens.
Leaving very young children home alone is not unheard of and in the U.K. there are many such cases, not that it is ever okay IMO.
I am confident that, as some others have posted, her doctor was able to recognize how a specific kind of break could or could not have happened. So even if she had weakened bones, the type of break did not match up to Sini's story about how it happened. And if the Mathews were innocent of causing a break, they would not lie about how it occurred. Your theory of her having weakened bones will not matter in terms of this case then. Because all that might mean is that they grabbed or twisted her with somewhat less force, but the reality will still be that they caused it in some other way than what they claimed.

I love science! It can speak for the victims.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh she developed health problems alright. Deadly health problems, courtesy of her abusing parents. And that's a fact that can't be disputed. They killed her---broken bones aside.

Oh she developed health problems alright. Deadly health problems, courtesy of her abusing parents. And that's a fact that can't be disputed. They killed her---broken bones aside.

Yes we know that WM already admitted to Sherin dying in his care.

In this video, at about the 1:38 mark, does anyone else notice what looks to be a bruise or scrapes on Sini's chin? It may be a birthmark I didn't notice before, but I don't see it in her mug shot

c6b9f0896f5a2bc47fed2d70f7fccf79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM
Can you explain why you would say "if and when this case goes to trial"?

I have not seen where a single person thinks there is any "if" about it. I can't see these charges being dropped for any reason.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member