CONVICTION OVERTURNED CA - Kathryn 'Kate' Steinle, 32, fatally shot, Pier 14, San Francisco, 1 July 2015

This murderer an illegal alien got not guilty for shooting Kate Steiner in the back. This murderer- 9 Felonies and 5 deportations. And he probably go to sanctuary city. This is beyond disgusting!!! Illegals can come here, kill our citizens and get away with it! DESPICABLE BEYOND BELIEF!!!!! I’m taking a Valium.

This murderer an illegal alien got not guilty for shooting Kate Steiner in the back. This murderer- 9 Felonies and 5 deportations. And he probably go to sanctuary city. This is beyond disgusting!!! Illegals can come here, kill our citizens and get away with it! DESPICABLE BEYOND BELIEF!!!!! I’m taking a Valium.

Hey, I'm right there with you on this despicable verdict. But no Valium, for your own well being. :grouphug:

I haven't followed this case...I take it you guys are shocked at the not guilty verdict?

All I can say is that it's very, very disturbing. California? Not so shocked. Sad, but true.

Why do we have these "sanctuary cities"? All they do is protect criminals. So, can anyone please explain that one to me? I am beside myself, this is absolutely horrific.

San Francisco is a sanctuary city, with local law enforcement officials barred from cooperating with federal immigration authorities. President Trump has threatened to withhold federal funding to cities with similar immigration policies, but a federal judge in California permanently blocked his executive order last week.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/kate-steinle-s-accused-killer-found-not-guilty-murder.html

I live in SF. I AM SO SICK. I have so many inappropriate things to say right now it's not even funny. There simply was no justice in this case. And he's free to live here like nothing ever happened.

This is another example of why the most important element of a trial is who is put in the jury box. I was told that by a former big-time prosecutor in the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

This is another example of why the most important element of a trial is who is put in the jury box. I was told that by a former big-time prosecutor in the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

I would like for one of those jurors to say HOW they could all agree that even involuntary manslaughter was not appropriate? The only justification for this verdict would be if they thought this was the wrong man and someone else shot the gun- but he never even denied it was him.

I am heartbroken.

This is a horrid verdict.

I am so sorry for her family's pain.

Horrid

I don't get it either. If the jury didn't believe it was intentional, they had an option of manslaughter.
What about three strikes law and why wouldn't that apply here?

I would like for one of those jurors to say HOW they could all agree that even involuntary manslaughter was not appropriate? The only justification for this verdict would be if they thought this was the wrong man and someone else shot the gun- but he never even denied it was him.

Take a good look folks, this is the way our country is heading.

:cow:

could someone please explain to me why this guy did not get convicted of the involuntary manslaughter? I get that he may not have meant to kill anyone but they gave the jury the manslaughter option if they felt the DA couldnt prove the other charges...geesh

This verdict was nothing but a political referendum much like the OJ verdict. Sickening miscarriage of justice. As a former prosecutor I am appalled. This is the result of sanctuary cities. This is what happens when states fail to protect their citizens. Shameful. Hopefully this administration actually DOES something about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This verdict was nothing but a political referendum much like the OJ verdict. Sickening miscarriage of justice. As a former prosecutor I am appalled. This is the result of sanctuary cities. This is what happens when states fail to protect their citizens. Shameful. Hopefully this administration actually DOES something about this.

Agreed. And why I would NEVER live there or, now, even visit there. Disgusting!

I haven't followed this case...I take it you guys are shocked at the not guilty verdict?

I'm not shocked. I'm not even a little bit surprised. After watching OJ Simpson get away with murder, after seeing hundreds of cops get away with murdering citizens in cold blood, and after watching all types of other murderers get off scot-free, nothing shocks me anymore. I expect this type of verdict. The US is a nation of guns, not laws.

The only way I can see that these types of unjust verdicts being eliminated would be to abolish jury trials. But even then Judges are not much better. With jury trials the trial is won or lost at the jury selection process. If a lawyer wants to get a cop off, who did a driveby shooting a on 12 year old black kid, he will select a jury of 11 or 12 police supporters. If he is trying to get a illegal immigrant off, he will select a jury of 11 or 12 immigration supporters. It's that simple. There is no justice in this country. It's just one big joke.

he will be deported. im sure they have an ICE detainer on him.

I live in SF. I AM SO SICK. I have so many inappropriate things to say right now it's not even funny. There simply was no justice in this case. And he's free to live here like nothing ever happened.

depends what his other felonies were.

not all felonies are strikes.

I don't get it either. If the jury didn't believe it was intentional, they had an option of manslaughter.
What about three strikes law and why wouldn't that apply here?

im heartbroken for her family. I feel like they politicized this case to "prove a point" about SF being a sanctuary city and this backfired.

I don't agree. this is a result of political posturing.

So, I read that the bullet was said to have ricocheted off pavement/concrete and then hit Kate. What evidence suggested that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back