Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my professors in law school always used to tell us to remember that there are three sides of every custody battle: Parent A's, Parent B's, and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle. I think the bio dad may have exaggerated some of his claims for the benefit of the television cameras, but I don't doubt that he was sincerely upset and did try to see his kids.

Well, given that Mariah died while in mom's custody, by the hand of her live in felon boyfriend, my money's on dad's story. I don't think the truth is anywhere near the middle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do some drugs give you super powers? I move furniture all the time. He is my size. How would one do that alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dressers were valued at $40 in one of the articles, so they probably weren’t solid wood. (I was thinking that too until I saw the value in one of the articles.)

What I do not understand is that right now as of 12:03 pm, Mariah's Amber Alert is still active?

Is it usual in cases where the victim is presumed to be deceased to keep the amber alert active even when some one has been charged with some sort of involvement in their death?

Probably because they still don't know where she is,and It's still critical to find her.

Maybe he’s trying for an insanity plea. Because committing b&e for 2 dressers valued at $40 doesn’t make sense to most people. moo

I'm thinking dresser drawers would make for an easy packing piece to place the smaller stolen goods into for carrying out and placing easily in the car. It's like a box to a burglar.

Regarding Kimreys alleged drug use.

Was it ever proven he or Kristy were users? I believe this is all just speculation. There was an accusation by bio dad, but who's to say how accurate that is?

Yes they are low income & live in a trailer, but I think it's important not to judge people based on preconceived notions.

One would think if there was any drug use there would've at least been a paraphernalia or simple possession charge, either in this set of charges or in the past. Just because someone steals property doesn't mean they're using the funds to buy drugs.

As far as the comparison of pictures of Kimrey from a year ago to mug shot, you've got to remember the strain & presumably sleep loss & internal guilt of the events of this past week. I would be more interested to see a picture of him 2 weeks ago, before all this happened.

MOO

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OTOH, we have absolutely no reason not to believe bio dad, especially at this point.

Sorry, just jumping in, not well informed, not sure if this seems feasible.

In stealing the dressers, could he have been scavenging wood for a coffin of sorts? Did he run out of wood and go back for more?

If so, where would he build it? Where would he bury her?

It won't surprise me if we see another arrest today. Child neglect, child endangerment, aiding and abetting, harboring, obstruction of justice. What else?

I don't know if it has been posted but the latest headlines are saying the search for Mariah has been expanded into Pender County.

I did a quick search and found this article about a school fire on Nov 27 in Pender County interesting: http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=9437064

Some quotes:
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) - The Pender County Sheriff's office says arson is the cause of a small fire that sparked early Monday morning at Malpass Corner Elementary.

Authorities believe a 10-year-old male student is responsible for the flames, but a motive for the fire has yet to be determined.
Class has been canceled for the remainder of the week due to excessive smoke, soot, and carbon deposits that remain in the school.

A press release says 90% of the actual damage was from smoke. The HVAC in the core area has been contaminated and must be sealed and cleaned before use.

BBM. Kimrey worked on Hvac systems and this one would have been sealed soon after Mariah went missing. Any chance his company did the work? Probably reaching but thought I would mention it....

Okay, I'm going to ask it! How in the world does the bf sneak out of the house at that hour of the night, commit a robbery (haul off 2 dressers and take them "somewhere"), reenter the trailer and NO ONE is awakened? I don't understand that. I am deaf in one ear, which can present a problem hearing when I sleep, but I can still hear things and be awakened even when I sleep on that good ear. When my children were little, I think I awakened when they turned over in their sleep, practically.

Who sleeps that soundly? And, even if they didn't realize their little girl had been taken from the residence, didn't she wonder about his comings and goings at all hours of the night? I don't imagine this is his first rodeo either! I'm not saying she knew about the bf's involvement in her baby's death, but WHO could sleep through that? JMO, MOO

2017-12-02 (2).jpg
arial pic of mobile home- last single to the left- notice what looks like 1 abandoned building behind and to the left

Maybe he’s trying for an insanity plea. Because committing b&e for 2 dressers valued at $40 doesn’t make sense to most people. moo

My first thought is maybe he thought the dressers had drugs or something somewhat valuable in them? If this was an acquaintance and he knew they stored their drugs in there? Empty dressers seem like one of the more dumb things you could steal...

I'm thinking dresser drawers would make for an easy packing piece to place the smaller stolen goods into for carrying out and placing easily in the car. It's like a box to a burglar.

Ooooh, I never thought of that. Thank you for the insight.

But is charged with stealing additional items or just the 2 dressers?

Expansion of search area into Pender County means intracoastal, coastal, lots of rural and two game reserve as possible search areas.

2017-12-02 (1).jpg

If you go to corner and make a right there sits what looks like the abandoned house.

It won't surprise me if we see another arrest today. Child neglect, child endangerment, aiding and abetting, harboring, obstruction of justice. What else?

Receiving stolen property.

That Mom and BF were most likely getting high and she interrupted them and Mom knows everything... JMHO

Which would explain why mom said “she could be anywhere” and “she is my angel”. Maybe I’m reading to deep into her comments but they surely make sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie