Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the quoted MSM reports that the dressers were worth $40. So I doubt he was taking them to sell. In my lifetime, I can't even remember how many dressers I have found cheap, or free and given to people in need. From my experiences, those with a low income don't focus their money on getting furniture. Many will have their clothing in piles in a corner, in the laundry baskets, or storage totes. Of course I have no way of knowing why he stole 2 dressers, and why he stole them on the same night Mariah is killed. The two incidents could be unrelated.

He may have stole the dressers, came back home to unload them, and Mariah woke up. Isn't one of his charges being in possession of stolen goods? If so, the dressers are accounted for.

Wonder if dressers were for "storage" and they were not large but cheap 4 drawer, light to carry. Seems her braces would have had to be with her as well...maybe all was hidden and this is how she was brought out of home. One dresser may have been too heavy by himself but two would have been lighter????

Strange of course...illogical of course!

I'm glad she has been found, but she deserved so much more. I'm hugging my 3 year old extra tight today and sending all of my love to Mariah.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just got an alert on my phone. Her body was found. What an awful outcome. I was sincerely hoping things were not as sinister as suggested on most of the post. I gues the sleuths gut feelings were correct. My heart aches for her mother, and family

I prayed and prayed that today would be the day this angel was brought home. God weeps that another of his children has been "discarded." But he wraps her in his embrace.
I'm so glad that she has been "recovered" and hopefully LE will now have evidence enough to convict the heartless soul/souls that perpetrated the violence on this childThanks. I'm sickened by the number of children recently that have lost their lives way too early!

Same here. We will never know what wondrous things they might have done for the world, had they not been taken so soon.

How did they discover he was the one that stole the dressers?

They found them in his possession. I've heard in the shed behind the trailer or in the van. He was charged with possession of stolen goods.

The owner of the home reported them missing. (Possibly when he/she went to check the property after Mariah was reported missing.)

It could be that he got frustrated with her and hurt her earlier. Sometimes brain injuries cause a slow death. I'm not sure I believe him that he knew she was dead of unnatural causes and got rid of her little body. He left it open as to who hurt her. If she was injured earlier, does it make sense only he knew about it?

As for the charges, I suspect LE is waiting for the forensic report on the items they sent for processing. I think those items pointed to Mariah's death but they have to have confirmation. I think that is why they were searching in areas it was unlikely Mariah could have gotten to on her own.

My heart breaks for these poor children and what they have suffered with abusive men in their lives and mom's who cover for them against their children. Although we don't know the mom covered in this case, the dad alleges that she did in the previous CPS investigation. I'm sure she thought the bf loved her so much he would never hurt her kids. To me, it is common sense that if someone has a temper and a record, they are capable of doing things we can't imagine. Add drugs and/or alcohol into the mix and it can be explosive.

Sadly, this mom will not get the chance for a do over.

ETA: I too, have lost a child. My son died two years ago. I understand the guilt of not being able to save your child even though it was nothing you did or could have prevented. Guilt is horrific always thinking if only I had said this or done that. Just the loss of a child takes you to the deepest, darkest hell. It is a fight just to take the next breath. Sometimes I just wanted to never wake up so I wouldn't have to suffer anymore. It gets better, but time does not heal the loss of a child.

No matter the decisions of this mom, my heart breaks for her. She will never be able to wake from this nightmare.

I'm very sorry for your loss - my deepest sympathy to you.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for anybody who doesn't protect a child or an adult who is unable to provide protection for themselves. If what I've read about EK is true it wasn't a secret that he had violent tendencies. JMO

I wonder if LE had his phone tracking or if he told them where she could be found.

My heart goes out to whoever loved and cared for Mariah, and protected or tried to protect her. :tears:

I wonder if LE had his phone tracking or if he told them where she could be found.

Like I said yesterday, if he had a cell phone I would love to see what cell towers his phone was connected to.

I am just so sad for Mariah. She deserves so much better from life than what she had. RIP sweet girl.

My apologies if this is already been posted. The marker on Dawson Cabin Road is where Mariah went missing and the little photo is the 700 block of High Hill Road where the dressers went missing.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
50cf34169bb8d90bb95c2e75b51a68fe.jpg

Maybe he was at that property laying her to rest and knew he needed an alibi for vehicle in drive and taking furniture would be a good reason for being there if noticed.

Just grasping at straws!!

I followed that case, and know exactly what you mean. What he did to that baby... They called it the worst case of sexual trauma they had ever seen... And that was from a doctor who specialized in autopsies of murdered children.

60 years. With good behavior he won't serve anywhere near that. And with the plea deal he made, he won't have to register as a sex offender. 60 years is nowhere near enough.

To bring this back to Mariah, I strongly suspect SA, and I'm very concerned that they won't find her soon enough to prove SA. I want this to get the death penalty, or at least LWOP. I don't want to see a 60 year sentence where he will be paroled in 30 and be back on the streets to harm other children. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In NC, there are two and only two sentences for an adult who is convicted of 1st Degree Murder:

Death or Life Without Parole. Period. No others.

And in NC, LWOP means LWOP, period. Life without parole. No getting out early -- unless an appeal overturns the verdict which calls for a re-trial. And then it is a start from scratch.

They found them in his possession. I've heard in the shed behind the trailer or in the van. He was charged with possession of stolen goods.

The owner of the home reported them missing. (Possibly when he/she went to check the property after Mariah was reported missing.)

Thank you, that makes sense.

Just coming back to this thread now.........Dear Lord, Mariah has been found.

Precious Angel.

While I have not read all the way back .... precious Angel Bella Bond comes to my mind.

You are at PEACE now, Mariah. xoxo

How horrible - something inside me knew she would not be found alive. RIP sweet angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd