Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get a feel for Shelter creek since I am clueless. First link gave me an idea what it is like in general but led me to a second link with a graph from USGS. Maybe someone else would understand it but I thought it was odd that the days between Nov 27-29 show no water height. I am out of my league on this but was there a stop in water flow on those days, drainage? Any ideas? My brain is spinning.
General area: https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/shelter-creek-in-north-carolina/?lat=34.6018&lng=-77.8240&zoom=14

Water gauge(height) info and graph: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/...od=&begin_date=2017-11-25&end_date=2017-12-02

Water levels in a creek will rise and fall for various reasons depending on the location of the creek and it's proximity to the ocean. If the creek has a direct connection to the ocean or to a bay then the water levels will rise and fall with the oceanic tides. Another reason why water levels in a creek may rise or fall have to do with rain fall in an area. A creek can be normally shallow but rain can cause the water levels to rise.

I just heard. I'm so very sad (as you all are).

Rest in peace, Mariah...

This is why I can't don't this any more. Not since my girl arrived.

I want to help. I want to slueth. I just can't. I adore all of you for all you do.

Mariah...i am so sorry beautiful girl. Fly high baby girl there are a lot of friends up there for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wonder if dressers were for "storage" and they were not large but cheap 4 drawer, light to carry. Seems her braces would have had to be with her as well...maybe all was hidden and this is how she was brought out of home. One dresser may have been too heavy by himself but two would have been lighter????

Strange of course...illogical of course!

bbm I agree. Coming out of the trailer with a dead child could have easily been spotted by neighbors, there are no fences, hedges or anything. He might have put her in the dresser, then carried out the dresser to the car. Still odd behavior in the middle of the night but not suspicious if spotted by someone.

They are asking for any surveillance or trail cam pics/video specifically in the South Creek area of Hwy 17 and Shaw Creek area off of Hwy 53.

ETA: time frame from Sunday evening to Monday morning.

They must have found some confirmation that Mariah was alive sometime earlier in the day Sunday then, right?

Yes. But as an HVAC tech, he could have either been aware of it from previously servicing their unit when they lived there, or run across it while out working and checked it out.

This has actually made me uncomfortable about having service guys in. I try to assume they are hardworking, upstanding people. I have always kind of assumed that companies who send service people into homes check out their backgrounds a bit, if only because of liability issues.

My husband is a contractor and we've dealt with all sorts of service people. You are definitely right that one should at least get a couple of references before hiring someone new. We try to work with the same guys time after time, but sometimes deadlines force us to hire someone not well-known to us. We've yet to have any complaints, but there are some I wouldn't hire just on my initial gut feelings.

Likely blood, blood spatter evidence, imo, or a big spot in the floor, carpet, etc pie e of carpet missing, etc; it could be a variety of things but this would be my first guess.

Wonder if the dressers were to conceal a big spot of missing carpet?

discussion regarding picture has already been deleted once by mods - afraid we are gonna get shut down soon - warning after warning

Trying to get a feel for Shelter creek since I am clueless. First link gave me an idea what it is like in general but led me to a second link with a graph from USGS. Maybe someone else would understand it but I thought it was odd that the days between Nov 27-29 show no water height. I am out of my league on this but was there a stop in water flow on those days, drainage? Any ideas? My brain is spinning.
General area: https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/shelter-creek-in-north-carolina/?lat=34.6018&lng=-77.8240&zoom=14

Water gauge(height) info and graph: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/...od=&begin_date=2017-11-25&end_date=2017-12-02
It looks like it fluctuates about one foot daily, probably a tidal thing (which could also be due to release from an upstream dam but proximity to the coast has the same effect). The orifice tube on the pressure gage may have gotten something in it or the data didn't upload properly. It is provisional data, which means 'draft' until it is processed and /or corrected. I think it is missing data instead of no flow.

Nope, I think they knew as soon as the 911 call came in. But they have to proceed as if there was an abduction, just in case, while still investigating her possible death.

There was a great article posted on the Sherri Papini thread discussing the two pronged approach LE takes when they investigate a kidnapping that they believe the victim faked. Although geared toward faked kidnappings, I think LE takes a similar approach in other types of cases where a false narrative is presented. Worth a read. https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-articles/false-allegations-of-adult-crimes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

(Marking, thanks.)

although I persoanlly agree with you about this, we also can't blame women for actions that men do. Sure, we as women should and do know better than to trust men who are not the bio fathers, (although some bio dads and some bio moms also are not safe for kids either), it is the man in this case who killed Mariah. Mariah did not die bc her mom lived with a bf - she died bc the bf killed her. It is hard not to blame women and victim-blame bc as a society we have been brainwashed to vilify women and hold them responsible for the actions of men, whether it is rape, abuse, incest, or murder. But the fact is, the only person guilty is the one who killed Mariah. If men did not abuse, rape, and kill children, women would not need to be so careful.
Personally, knowing that men pose a risk, I will not put my child at risk. But we can't blame women for men's violence.

I agree. As I've said, I have a couple friends who were abused, but, the place I worked at had a shelter, hidden in the mountains. It was one of the best kept secrets around. The guys were dangerous enough that just in case they found the shelter, it was wire with security to LE. Cameras everywhere and a 6' privacy fence so that they could allow the children to go out and play as long as a staff member was monitoring. Most would write their stories in a big book for other abuse victims to rea so they'd know they weren't alone when they came there. I remember this young lady's story about being locked inside a trailer every day with her child. He'd fixed everything so she couldn't get out and would padlock the door when he left for work and would take the phone with him too. I'd have lost my mind. My friend even survived being shot, among other things. She is a very strong person, and finally escaped, but was hunted til the day he died, and still suffers from ptsd from the years of abuse (and LE turned a blind eye, especially in that era).

I noticed the mother had no tears in the interview that i saw. Jmo

My map skills are horrible, so I'll just piggyback on yours. But map questing, it appears this location could very easily be on the way to Mabene, NC given the close proximity to Hwy. 40. Just brings even more questions to mind regarding the timeline and who else could have been along.

attachment.php

I saw a movie like that where the woman and her child (product of rape by the kidnapper) were locked in a shed.
We have no idea what the dynamic was in that trailer and what caused KKHW to leave the bio dad, but EK is a violent man, for sure.

I agree. As I've said, I have a couple friends who were abused, but, the place I worked at had a shelter, hidden in the mountains. It was one of the best kept secrets around. The guys were dangerous enough that just in case they found the shelter, it was wire with security to LE. Cameras everywhere and a 6' privacy fence so that they could allow the children to go out and play as long as a staff member was monitoring. Most would write their stories in a big book for other abuse victims to rea so they'd know they weren't alone when they came there. I remember this young lady's story about being locked inside a trailer every day with her child. He'd fixed everything so she couldn't get out and would padlock the door when he left for work and would take the phone with him too. I'd have lost my mind. My friend even survived being shot, among other things. She is a very strong person, and finally escaped, but was hunted til the day he died, and still suffers from ptsd from the years of abuse (and LE turned a blind eye, especially in that era).

That interview is still on the replay at http://www.wcti12.com/livestream Hit the red bar at about the -28:00 or -29:00 mark. The time will continue to move so for example in 10 minutes you would click on the -37:00 mark. It'll eventually scroll out.

It's worth the pain of trying to locate the right time spot - very interesting comments from the former DA.

No problem at all, DivineMsM !
Thanks for the info -- I started watching it live, and blllfffftt it went to local sports, as someone else on here said. Good info trom the retired DA.

Did the perp steal the dresser (end table, whatever) to hide her body while he went down the road to dispose of her sweet, innocent body? And who knew??? Who is the tattle-tale?? Hmmm.

If EK had a drug addiction it was only a matter of time before he broke and talked to the police. The stress of the situation would have caused him to want to do more drugs. If police were watching him it would have made it near impossible for EK to get drugs unless he had a very dedicated runner (which I can't imagine especially when there is no money) willing to take serious risks. Detox from the drugs may have made him so sick his defenses were gone. It was only a matter of LE waiting it out. Just one theory/opinion.

if that was the case, there would have been evidence inside them. we might find out eventually.

Wonder if dressers were for "storage" and they were not large but cheap 4 drawer, light to carry. Seems her braces would have had to be with her as well...maybe all was hidden and this is how she was brought out of home. One dresser may have been too heavy by himself but two would have been lighter????

Strange of course...illogical of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member