Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t looked up the area she was found. Is there a bridge over water? Is it possible he could have just tossed her from the bridge and hoped she washed away? :(

Normal people would still call for help in that scenario.

I agree, but I don't for one minute think that there is anything resembling "normal" about the person or people involved in her death. Makes no sense making an accident look like a murder (think about Caylee Anthony case). I don't think there was an accident, I was just giving input for any explanation concerning the relevance of the dressers.

I haven’t looked up the area she was found. Is there a bridge over water? Is it possible he could have just tossed her from the bridge and hoped she washed away? :(

Yes, there is a bridge.

It would not surprise me if Mariah's mother was the one who told LE all what happened....it may have taken awhile because there may have been a sense of betrayal she may have felt by disclosing the truths.

I know my position is not popular but I have painfully learned to have empathy for all sides even the young man with swollen eyes.

She was a beautiful little girl....many will have alot of healing to do...I believe I will go back to checking in with cold cases and UID's...children are just too painful for me.

You are a better person than I am. I can find no sympathy for a man who tosses a toddler's body into a creek then watches while people search for her.

Exactly! We can’t, and don’t, blame the mom for the decisions of the boyfriend but I sure as heck blame her for having her kids around someone like him. She has a responsibility to protect her kids and for years let this guy abuse her kids. She is accountable for that. I’m just so sorry that she didn’t learn this lesson the first time he laid a hand on one of her children.

Warning signs were there. They were ignored.

IMO, it's because no COD has been determined yet.
Until we know how Mariah died, EK won't be charged with murder.

IMO

Yeah. My guess is he "admitted" to some kind of accident that wasn't intentional. They would have wanted to find her before any murder charge
because the speedy trial clock starts ticking immediately when a person is charged.

And if his charge was negligent homicide or manslaughter or whatever similar charge they have in NC, based on his story, and they didn't find her, and then he pled guilty, but later someone found the body and there was a gun shot wound in the head or something like repeated, multiple broken bones that indicated more than negligence. Too late. Double jeopardy.

It would not surprise me if Mariah's mother was the one who told LE all what happened....it may have taken awhile because there may have been a sense of betrayal she may have felt by disclosing the truths.

I know my position is not popular but I have painfully learned to have empathy for all sides even the young man with swollen eyes.

She was a beautiful little girl....many will have alot of healing to do...I believe I will go back to checking in with cold cases and UID's...children are just too painful for me.
I feel like if the mother had any part, she would have been charged with something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I feel like if the mother had any part, she would have been charged with something.

It's early. I'm betting within 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They are still investigating. There may be charges in the future, time will tell.

Hi this is the first time I've posted something on this site. I've been following this case since it was reported and just had a thought. The boyfriend had mom's other children with him during thanksgiving. Is it possible he took them with him as collateral of sorts? Could he have threatened her with their lives if she went to the cops?

Eta: it would be an explanation as to why she wasn't with them for the holiday

New boyfriend, who likely brutally murdered her, hasn't been charged with anything more serious than disposal of a corpse, in connection with her death. So why would mom be charged before him?

Has anyone seen a photo of Mariah with a smile on her face? I can’t find a single one and it’s really eating away at me. I’m sure you know why.

Though it is deeply tragic for all touched by this up close, Mariah's brothers losing their sister like this, their loss seems deepest. I hope whatever justice comes serves them best.

He's a one in a million creep, as the bail confirms, which leaves a lot of guys like him out there.

Charges can come at any time during the investigation as more facts are known. Already, IMO, someone has talked to LE about the location of the body.

If the BF is not the one who caused harm to Mariah but did the disposal only, he may decide to roll over on the responsible party in order to help himself.

First one to talk is more likely to get a deal.

Yeah. My guess is he "admitted" to some kind of accident that wasn't intentional. They would have wanted to find her before any murder charge
because the speedy trial clock starts ticking immediately when a person is charged.

And if his charge was negligent homicide or manslaughter or whatever similar charge they have in NC, based on his story, and they didn't find her, and then he pled guilty, but later someone found the body and there was a gun shot wound in the head or something like repeated, multiple broken bones that indicated more than negligence. Too late. Double jeopardy.

Exactly.
The LE need to get all their ducks in a row before they can pursue murder charges.

OT: you live in my favorite city :)

First time posting... (nervous). I’ve followed several cases on WS. This case has shaken me to the core. In the beginning it was mentioned the BF and Mom were using Meth. I’ve witnessed first hand what Meth does to a person. I’ve tried to save several addicts in my lifetime. Meth is by far the most evil of all, IMO. Ten years ago my niece,16 months old, was abused by her mother’s BF. Her mother dropped her off at my house shortly after the incident. After an hour of trying to calm her and give her a bath, i found her back side bruised from her shoulder blades to her bottom. Her mother told the detective she left my niece with her BF while she went to purchase meth and she “slipped down the steps” while she was gone. That was the most challenging part of my life. To this day I do not have children of my own. I’ve devoted my life to my niece and nephew and thank God everyday for both of them. If only I could’ve saved sweet Mariah. RIP baby girl knowing you’re loved by many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those children are so blessed to have you!!!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I think a lesser charge, like child endangerment, will be filed against the mother eventually, just like in that case recently where the 3 year old was supposedly left alone as punishment for not drinking milk.

Charges can come at any time during the investigation as more facts are known. Already, IMO, someone has talked to LE about the location of the body.

If the BF is not the one who caused harm to Mariah but did the disposal only, he may decide to roll over on the responsible party in order to help himself.

First one to talk is more likely to get a deal.

Yep.
Just like in Sherin Mathews case.
Her mom was charged some time after her dad was.
At first she was not a suspect in her daughter's death, but as more evidence came to light, that changed.

Though it is deeply tragic for all touched by this up close, Mariah's brothers losing their sister like this, their loss seems deepest. I hope whatever justice comes serves them best.

Yes, tonight I am thinking of the boys. Bless them in the loss of their little sister, and may they never have to walk on eggshells around anyone again in all their lives.

I'm wondering if the boys knew something was wrong. They may have been threatened with harm to themselves/each other/their mother to keep quiet by the monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member