Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I thought the same. A few pictures where she appeared to even pull away, heart breaking.

Has anyone seen a photo of Mariah with a smile on her face? I can’t find a single one and it’s really eating away at me. I’m sure you know why.

Yes, tonight I am thinking of the boys. Bless them in the loss of their little sister, and may they never have to walk on eggshells around anyone again in all their lives.

I'm wondering if the boys knew something was wrong. They may have been threatened with harm to themselves/each other/their mother to keep quiet by the monster.

I hope her brothers will be ok.
This has to be so tough on them :(

You are so right about that. There have been many times that I've had to step away and also many times that I swore I would never follow another child related case but find myself right back on another one. At this time I'm also following Sherin Mathews case and as a lot of you know, that one has really hit us hard as well.

Hate the outcome, but so glad they found her, so those who love her can give her a proper burial. I too followed the Sherin Mathews case, and, after mom was arrested, have stepped back a bit. I, like you, then told myself, no more missing children cases, yet, here I am. At least for now.

And the cycle of life does go on.
Mariah is no longer on this earth, and a new life enters it.
My first grandnephew, Luke, was born today.

I don't recall seeing anything about EK having been married previously, only that he has a 2 year old from another woman. Not sure about KW.

They are still married and were married over 6 years when she got pregnant with his child. What I’ve gathered from other places...not anyone told me I read it on his/her social media from their own posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... does this hold true when the mom is a willing participant?

Not saying Mariah's mom participated, but we see many, many cases here where that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think that's why this is such a difficult topic. Each case is so different and when it comes to control & essentially brainwashing, it's incredibly difficult - if not impossible - to untangle , especially from the outside looking in. I think it's completely understandable for folks to fluctuate between anger & compassion towards the mom. I know I sure am.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I hope they release the 911 call soon.

Yep.
Just like in Sherin Mathews case.
Her mom was charged some time after her dad was.
At first she was not a suspect in her daughter's death, but as more evidence came to light, that changed.

I'm thinking more charges are coming on that case.

RIP baby girl, I'm so sorry the world let you down may you find peace 😔

Hi this is the first time I've posted something on this site. I've been following this case since it was reported and just had a thought. The boyfriend had mom's other children with him during thanksgiving. Is it possible he took them with him as collateral of sorts? Could he have threatened her with their lives if she went to the cops?

Eta: it would be an explanation as to why she wasn't with them for the holiday
Interesting thought - good first post and welcome!!!

Hi All -

I think someone led LE to the body. I also think that the mom will have charges brought soon too.

I think that's why this is such a difficult topic. Each case is so different and when it comes to control & essentially brainwashing, it's incredibly difficult - if not impossible - to untangle , especially from the outside looking in. I think it's completely understandable for folks to fluctuate between anger & compassion towards the mom. I know I sure am.

I'm afraid I've been here too long. I was always cynical, but now...

< sigh >

If I had seen just one tear... just one...

True, if one has a conscience.

I believe that everyone has a conscience and the more you ignore it, or appear to, the less self esteem you have. It takes from you as a person.

Yes, tonight I am thinking of the boys. Bless them in the loss of their little sister, and may they never have to walk on eggshells around anyone again in all their lives.

I'm wondering if the boys knew something was wrong. They may have been threatened with harm to themselves/each other/their mother to keep quiet by the monster.
Does anyone know if there are services available for kids in these circumstances? These poor boys are going to need life-long counseling.

Poor baby. RIP Mariah. I'm glad they found her now rather than later. At least they will be able to determine a COD. :(

I'm afraid I've been here too long. I was always cynical, but now...

< sigh >

If I had seen just one tear... just one...

I get it Wyle but...

Not seeing tears...how many fake tears and wailing have we seen over the years of others who actually did the deed? Also to have real tears...you have to be in touch with reality....perhaps she is in a very numb place.

My opinion only of course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members