Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so sorry everyone but I’m glad Mariah has been found. May Mariah Rest In Peace.

Also I think some of you guys are going to be shocked/surprised to find out that the mother doesn't have a lick to do with what happened to this baby girl. IMHO I think she would have been charged with something by now if she did. She's made statements to the LE and to the media that she had no knowledge of what happened to Mariah, begged that she brought home etc. This combined with the fact that neighbors seeing EK leaving the trailer holding something limp at 3AM indicates that the mom was probably asleep and at this time and had no idea until she woke up that the little girl was "Missing". But yeah I think the LE would have got her on lying by now if she had anything to do with it. In fact in the presser they even stated she's not a suspect.I don't think she knew.
I really and truly hope this is the case. I hope this is more a terrible but cautionary tale of what some live in boyfriends are capable of, rather than a complete betrayal by a mother.

But..she was home, single wide trailer, at least 2 displays of past violence, he left the house that night...at the very least, she should've strongly suspected him if she didn't have first hand knowledge. And that would have come across imo, and I don't think it did at all.

I'm wondering if she is sharing information now which is helping LE put pieces together. That's jmo, and again - I hope you are right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do we know she was "thrown or tossed from the bridge". Hate to play Devil's Advocate but could he have tearfully placed her in the water because she was dead and he was afraid?

Sorry...always an optimist!

Respectfully, I don't understand what this means? Do people who find their children or step children dead normally hide their bodies tearfully? Afraid of what? That he may be charged with her murder?

Respectfully, I don't understand what this means? Do people who find their children or step children dead normally hide their bodies tearfully? Afraid of what? That he may be charged with her murder?

Yes...exactly afraid for himself!!

Also I think some of you guys are going to be shocked/surprised to find out that the mother doesn't have a lick to do with what happened to this baby girl. IMHO I think she would have been charged with something by now if she did. She's made statements to the LE and to the media that she had no knowledge of what happened to Mariah, begged that she brought home etc. This combined with the fact that neighbors seeing EK leaving the trailer holding something limp at 3AM indicates that the mom was probably asleep and at this time and had no idea until she woke up that the little girl was "Missing". But yeah I think the LE would have got her on lying by now if she had anything to do with it. In fact in the presser they even stated she's not a suspect.I don't think she knew.

It’s still early and there’s plenty of time for a thorough investigation. If evidence shows up they can charge her at any time. Arrests don’t happen right away in all cases, and since she hasn’t been officially ruled out we can’t say anything for sure as of yet

Do you have a link to the statements made by neighbors seeing him leaving with 'something limp at 3AM'? The dressers were stolen between 11:00 and 3:00 (http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/newly-...nformation-into-case-of-missing-mariah-woods/) LE will often say person X is not a suspect (at this time). I have lived in a trailer and believe me you can hear everything - you can hear a motor start up outside for sure. You can hear doors open and close. You can hear (and feel) people walking around. Who puts a 3yo to bed at 11:00? It appeared she stood by his story of Mariah getting up at midnight and him telling her to go back to bed. IMO she did know something bad had happened. I know several women who put the man before their child in every circumstance.

I think it was in one of the Nancy Grace articles or on her pod cast. It was a quote from Mariah's bio dad.

Abuse is not just physical. And sometimes physical isnt even the worst form of abuse.
Also...not everyone walks around with evidence of any kind of abuse, even physical.

With that said, there is hardly ANY information on mom out there.

This so much! domestic abuse is NOT just physical at all. Been there had that, could write a book. And there are abusers who can be clever enough to leave marks where they aren’t easily seen. This dude doesn’t strike me as clever though, however there could easily be domestic abuse in the family. There may also not be any abuse, there’s little to say either way. Technically though unless she is named as a suspect or charged she is still a victim at least for now, in spite of how many feel about her choices of partners and heavy speculation. I have my own ideas but that’s all they are-they aren’t facts until LE confirms or denies my ideas or anyone else’s here

bbm I must have missed that. I remember they said she hasn't been charged with anything. That's not the same as not being a suspect.

But I might be wrong and missed it or misheard/misremember. Can you find a quote? TIA!

Someone in the last thread (thread 4) that it was stated she wasn't a suspect. Maybe that is what they meant.

These cases are always heartbreaking but following them now when I'm trying to have children makes it so much harder. There are so many families out there who would do anything to finally have a baby or can't have children or who would happily take in more children and yet people carelessly put their babies in danger or discard them like trash. I get so angry I can barely type.

I think it was in one of the Nancy Grace articles or on her pod cast. It was a quote from Mariah's bio dad.

So there is no link to a news source? I have watched Nancy Grace enough to know she is wrong on her assertions many times.

7 PM UPDATE: Body of Mariah Kay Woods has been found

Mariah Woods’ body has been found.

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller said what law enforcement believes are the remains of Mariah were found at 5:30 p.m. Saturday by the Fayetteville dive team. A 6:45 p.m. press conference was held at the corner of Shaw Highway and N.C. 53, but no questions were allowed at the press conference and no specific information was given about where the body was found.

FBI Public Information Officer Shelly Lynch said they have now moved into the prosecurotiral phase of the investigation. No additional information on who would be charged in Woods death was released

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171202/breaking-news-body-of-mariah-kay-woods-has-been-found

So there is no link to a news source?
There is in one of the previous threads, from the Nancy Grace show. I followed the link and listened to it a couple of days ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to the statements made by neighbors seeing him leaving with 'something limp at 3AM'? The dressers were stolen between 11:00 and 3:00 (http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/newly-...nformation-into-case-of-missing-mariah-woods/) LE will often say person X is not a suspect (at this time). I have lived in a trailer and believe me you can hear everything - you can hear a motor start up outside for sure. You can hear doors open and close. You can hear (and feel) people walking around. Who puts a 3yo to bed at 11:00? It appeared she stood by his story of Mariah getting up at midnight and him telling her to go back to bed. IMO she did know something bad had happened. I know several women who put the man before their child in every circumstance.

I posted this earlier ... you can listen to podcast..

Woods: “Earl, her boyfriend, beat R with a belt and left bruises. And they tried to cover it up and say he fell off of a bunk bed. “

Grace: “Are you saying this about the live-in boyfriend?”

Woods: “The live-in boyfriend, he’s the one that beat R with a belt, and Kristy covered it up.”

Woods also said that a neighbor who lives close to Hunter and Kimrey claimed that she witnessed Kimrey leaving out of the back door of his trailer at around 3 a.m. on Monday morning, and he seemed to be carrying something “limp” in his hands.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/...ed-child-abuse-and-possible-neighbor-witness/

That's why I think he may have threatened her with the other children and may be a reason why she spoke to LE after his arrest. (If she spoke to them after that is) purely speculation of course

I posted this earlier ...

Woods: “Earl, her boyfriend, beat R with a belt and left bruises. And they tried to cover it up and say he fell off of a bunk bed. “

Grace: “Are you saying this about the live-in boyfriend?”

Woods: “The live-in boyfriend, he’s the one that beat R with a belt, and Kristy covered it up.”

Woods also said that a neighbor who lives close to Hunter and Kimrey claimed that she witnessed Kimrey leaving out of the back door of his trailer at around 3 a.m. on Monday morning, and he seemed to be carrying something “limp” in his hands.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/11/3...ghbor-witness/

Unfortunately link defunct

actually all that would mean is that she was breathing when she was placed in the water. It doesn't determine how she was put in the water.

Oh, I know.
I should have worded my post differently.
I said "thrown in water" because I was just jumping off of posts that said she was thrown in water.
But you're right, we don't know how she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288