Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I see somewhere in this thread that mum is in hospital? Maybe I’ve imagined it.

I think we can't wrap our heads around it because it's only related in a peripheral way, in that it was a separate incident that happened that night.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How true. Might be considered a lifestyle thing. Probably most ladies on here can't rouse their hubbies from the Barcalounger/ La-Z-Boy in front of the TV on Sunday nights! They have to GO TO WORK in the morning, so they're not so active running around committing felonies and worse. We cannot wrap our minds around the way some people think and lead their lives in utter destructive chaos.

I'm still struck by the timing of the arrest. 2am? All the LE on this case, it should have been easy to watch him until morning. I think its significant when taken with the timeline that's been announced. A little nod from LE that THEY know what he did- or a psych tweak to someone else involved.... jmho. Of course, they could have simply responded the minute they had confirmation and could, or caught him moving around and were worried he'd flee.[/QUOTE]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Where was mom when boyfriend was arrested?

Kristy Woods very first interview got my attention. That was the one in which she strangely said, "goes by the name Mariah." As if a 3-year-old was using an alias. She also described Mariah's hair as being "brown," when it is clearly blonde in the photos we see of her ... Her friend, standing beside her in that interview, even corrected her saying, "blonde hair."

However, one phrase that really caught my attention was this:

“This is my world, this is my angel,” Kristy Woods told WITN. “She was sent to me for a reason. This is my everything besides my boys, the love that I have for this girl. The bond that I have … is my life.”

Her language puts so much distance between her and Mariah. I remember the statement analysis regarding Patsy Ramsey scrutinized her phrase, "I loved that child with all of my heart and soul," regarding JonBenet ... Statement analyzers noted that to be one of the significant findings of distancing herself from JonBenet ... a lot has been written about that over the years.

What strikes me is all that is completely irrelevant and is absolutely no help in finding a missing child. How tall was she? How much did she weigh? Is there anything distinctive about her that might help find or identify her? Is she afraid of the dark? Likely to hide in small spaces, or claustrophobic?

Sounds almost like she's trying to convince someone...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One odd take-away from all of this - - if someone owns a house but doesn't live in it, don't let it "look" foreclosed/ abandoned, it becomes attractive to miscreants. Stealing, drug use, etc. Best to try to keep up the yard to community standard, get some light timers, etc. I mean, I don't believe that that took little Mariah with him on his stealing expedition, and then the dresser fell over on her, she was crushed and he panicked. BUT, in this litigious society, heck, the owner could probably be held liable if something like that happened. (That's not what I think happened)

We have no trespassing signs, it's visible, but shouldn't have to have them. smh We have a 100 year old farm house that we have used as storage, along with a barn, on the farm. Nearly everything in the barn, and in the house, along with a car, have been thieved. Idk about the owners of this place, but, especially in rural areas, some owners especially the elderly, will just hire someone to come in and bush-hog a couple times a year and that's it. Tack a no trespassing sign up and be done. Places like these are not considered attractive nuisances (I think is what the term is called). I believe, had he broke his leg falling through the floor, while stealing a dresser, he'd been sol. However, IANAL.

In the past statement analysis hasn’t been allowed on websleuths - maybe that has changed.

This thread is really hard to follow lots of opinions being stated as fact. anyway I hope if anyone else is involved they are held responsible. I also hope the boys are placed in an environment where they can heal from this tragedy. IMO none of the adults in their immediate family are equipped at this time- I hope that changes for their sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we even sure that Mariah is her first name? In Kentucky, it is common for people to "go by" their middle name.

"Goes by the name of" is a common phrase in Ky. too, and she has Ky. family, although I'm unsure where she's from, so it may be common speak in NC too.

I'm still struck by the timing of the arrest. 2am? All the LE on this case, it should have been easy to watch him until morning. I think its significant when taken with the timeline that's been announced. A little nod from LE that THEY know what he did- or a psych tweak to someone else involved.... jmho. Of course, they could have simply responded the minute they had confirmation and could, or caught him moving around and were worried he'd flee.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Where was mom when boyfriend was arrested?

BBM

Staying with family? At a hotel? Going out to dinner?

Can't get Mariah out of my head and random thoughts keep popping up.

-Why would they put a time frame around when he stole the dressers? And how did they come up with that timeframe since the house he stole them from was abandoned? Was somebody with him when he stole them? Did somebody see him come and go?

-What does this timeframe have to do with hiding poor little Mariah's body? Does the timeframe even have anything to do with her? They could be two totally separate incidents.

Also keep in mind that the sheriff said he had a lengthy conversation with a female family member yesterday. Suddenly the search location changed and she was found. Sure sounds like somebody said something.

Did he actually use the word "female" relative? I thought he used family member.

I could be wrong, but I wonder if LE was looking for something (ANYTHING) to charge him with to hold him until they could figure out and get evidence to prove he had murdered this baby. JMO.

I'm wondering that too. Searched the property and found the dressers, and may have thought nothing of them. The folks who owned the property that the dressers were at, may have searched that home, in looking for her, and discovered them missing, and reported it, at that time too. So, they then held onto that reason to hold him, until the time came that they wanted to use it. Long shot, but possible.

I think the timeframe absolutely has to do with her, likely when he disposed of her. IMO, this window is coming from witnesses who can or cannot vouch for EK's whereabouts. KH said she checked on Mariah at 11:00 so she would have known if EK was there when she went to bed. The time he returned from stealing the dressers, disposing of Mariah and who knows what else could be substantiated by either KW or a neighbor (MOO).

Can't get Mariah out of my head and random thoughts keep popping up.

-Why would they put a time frame around when he stole the dressers? And how did they come up with that timeframe since the house he stole them from was abandoned? Was somebody with him when he stole them? Did somebody see him come and go?

-What does this timeframe have to do with hiding poor little Mariah's body? Does the timeframe even have anything to do with her? They could be two totally separate incidents.

In the past statement analysis hasn’t been allowed on websleuths - maybe that has changed.

This thread is really hard to follow lots of opinions being stated as fact. anyway I hope if anyone else is involved they are held responsible. I also hope the boys are placed in an environment where they can heal from this tragedy. IMO none of the adults in their immediate family are equipped at this time- I hope that changes for their sake.

Some verbiage is just so obviously off that it just screams out at you. No statement analysis needed. "She's an angel" "love her to death"

Marking my spot!

I would avoid talking about what she may be going through on camera so I could get through the interview without becoming a mess and not being able to continue. If I was trying to get the word out, I would steel myself and attempt to stick to talking about things that I could get through.

This is from a previous post of mine on the subject.

Just thinking about what some of my friends and family may have gone through in their last moments can turn me into a mess decades later. I can talk about them, their accidents, and a lot of things surrounding that. But if someone wanted me to discuss my fears and concerns about what they specifically went through, I could not do it on camera. And once I became a mess, there would be no going on in the interview.

So speaking, on camera, about her being fearful and cold and what may possibly be happening to her physically and emotionally would be a no go for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BBM
Same.

I think we all agree she'd have to be out of her mind to be in the same trailer as the BF.
Are they still in the trailer? I had the impression that police had it cordoned off as a crime scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member