Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole appeal was odd ‘Brown hair, blue eyes, goes by the name Mariah.’
along with remembering ‘feeding her & putting her to bed.’

Sounds like a missing horse, not a precious child.

Many families use nicknames. Mariah's brother goes by a nick name that is a repetition of part of his name (from social media). So it may have been her way to communicate that she went by the name on her birth certificate, not "Riah" or "Ri-Ri" or "Mary."

The owner of the abandoned house lives in Alaska, so this may be an inherited property that was never cleaned out and is truly abandoned. Source is the Onslow public records database, but I'm not going to link to protect the owner's privacy.

If it weren't related I don't think they would have bothered with it. This will serve to prove later he possessed the dressers that were used in commission of a crime. when looking for a missing child, they don't stop to worry about stolen dressers if they aren't related.
Agree with all of this regarding the dressers. I think they have little or nothing to do with her death or disposal. Yes, it seems odd, but I just really think that the most it tells us is his state of mind. He needed money for something, or he was being particularly reckless that night. But I doubt there is a direct tie to her death or disposal. A stolen dresser as a disposal method would just be really obvious in a body of water. It would also be one of the most awkward ways to move or dump a body. I also don't buy that he would steal dressers to make a makeshift coffin. I just don't buy it. I think by focusing too much on the dressers, we are spending less time on more obvious and logical ways in which she was killed or disposed of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just one of many thoughts I've had concerning the dressers. Maybe they don't have anything to do with the murder.

Assuming timelines are accurate, he told Mariah to go back to bed around 11. Maybe it was around that time he was leaving to steal the dressers. Maybe he made two trips to take them. Then when he returns home, he finds that Mariah is still awake and in his way. He's agitated and strikes her, resulting in her death. So now the focus becomes one disposing of the body and the dressers are on a back burner and placed in the shed since there are now other things to worry about.

OFF TOPIC Can someone please tell me twhat the red triangle on the left hand corner of every post means? TIA

OFF TOPIC Can someone please tell me twhat the red triangle on the left hand corner of every post means? TIA

The red triangle means "flag moderator"...so anytime there's a problem, just hit that button! And our magical mods will appear with a whip! (If they haven't already handled the situation...they're fast.)

"goes by the name" sounds like someone who has chosen to go by a name other than their own. I would never use that phrase in reference to my daughter or her name. now, if she knew she was dead, it might be hard to say "her name IS". "goes by" might be a distancing technique.

Many families use nicknames. Mariah's brother goes by a nick name that is a repetition of part of his name (from social media). So it may have been her way to communicate that she went by the name on her birth certificate, not "Riah" or "Ri-Ri" or "Mary."

It alerts the moderators about the post, if someone clicks on it

I did not see a photo of the dressers. However, yesterday I posted a photo of a 3 drawer dresser that could have been similar to a dresser that Kimrey could have carried himself. Discussion at the time was about the heavy weight of a dresser and Kimrey moving them by himself.

Thanks Mica...but no not that!!

Mariah may not have died immediately after her injuries. There are many cases where a child was injured but didn't receive medical attention and died 2 or 3 days after the injury. In almost all of those cases, there was reported abuse before so the parent was more afraid of getting in trouble and losing their child, than their child suffering and dying slowly :(

Looking at the aerial map of the area,
Is it possible they (the family) had a trail through the woods from the trailer to that abandoned house? And that EK used that trail to move the dressers, using a furniture dolly/cart?

Is it possible that the kids explored that woods, and liked to explore that house?

If it weren't related I don't think they would have bothered with it. This will serve to prove later he possessed the dressers that were used in commission of a crime. when looking for a missing child, they don't stop to worry about stolen dressers if they aren't related.

Or it could just be one more charge to tack on to make sure he's not going anywhere until the autopsy is done and he can be charged with first degree murder.

Totally agree!

I agree with this totally.

Snipped from previous comment:
"The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser. "

If he had been out "ransacking" and stole the dressers at say, 11pm., returned home and woke up little Mariah who began fussing (he may have taken his frustrations out on her). He may have placed her body in one of the dressers and hauled the dressers (one containing with her body) out to where he dumped her. He then returned home. LE found evidence she had been in one of the dressers and proceeded to tie him to the dressers in order to arrest him and keep him from fleeing "until" they could PROVE he was responsible for her disappearance and ultimate murder when they found her body.

In other words, he may have stolen the dressers earlier, came home, Mariah was up and awake (the first story said he told her to go back to bed at midnight), she refused and was fussy which he feared might awaken her Mom. He attempted to "quieten" her and killed her in the process. The dressers were already there in his van/truck. Dogs may have picked up her scent in those dressers...and the rest is sadly, history. JMO.

It's hard to believe anyone could have moved around in that trailer (in and out twice), without waking up Mom. Unless, someone tried to keep everyone quiet, including little Mariah?

I was able to watch a number of videos on social media. In one, one of Mariah's brothers, at about 2 years, walks a couple of steps, then spins around and falls, landing on his bum. He then sat there.
I remembered reading that the two brothers had the same thing as Mariah, and that they wore braces, and grew out of it. So assuming that Mariah also would have grown out of it?

And as an aside, I mourn for those brothers, after seeing the life they lived before their parents separated.

I assume they found evidence of Mariah in/on the dressers.

I was trying to get the focus by LE on the dresser. My thought was that DNA was found of Mariah in the dresser and they knew that EK had stolen the dressers.
Or they had found the prints of EK in the vacant building where the dressers had been taken as well as evidence that Mariah had also been in the vacant home.
Or it could be LE was throwing everything they had at EK until Mariah was found. IMO

Mariah may not have died immediately after her injuries. There are many cases where a child was injured but didn't receive medical attention and died 2 or 3 days after the injury. In almost all of those cases, there was reported abuse before so the parent was more afraid of getting in trouble and losing their child, than their child suffering and dying slowly :(

Somehow the FBI agent knew Mariah was already deceased when the 911 call was made by the mother.

Oh dear body was moved?!

"Mariah Woods: Police Warrant Reveals Girl, 3, Did Not Die Naturally & Body Was Moved"

(They don't mean what I think they mean? Reading...)

Eta: poor wording, imo.

I think they're referring to the warrant which says wtte she was moved from the place she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth