Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could just be one more charge to tack on to make sure he's not going anywhere until the autopsy is done and he can be charged with first degree murder.

Agreed. How many mobsters have gone down for tax crimes when the real investigation is about murder? How many are first held for drug crimes before violent charges are brought? LE will use everything in their disposal to keep someone they believe is dangerous off the streets while they pursue their cases. Defense lawyers complain about this all the time FWIW.

"goes by the name" sounds like someone who has chosen to go by a name other than their own. I would never use that phrase in reference to my daughter or her name. now, if she knew she was dead, it might be hard to say "her name IS". "goes by" might be a distancing technique.

Normally LE will coach the family member on what to say. Telling the public what she goes by is one of their suggestions, but usually that pertains to a nick name. I think she was probably trying to do what they suggested and that's how it came out. JMO.

I assume the autopsy will be conducted today? Do we have confirmation for that?

I think they're referring to the warrant which says wtte she was moved from the place she died.

Agreed.

(Well of course she was moved to the disposal site, duh reporters...."body moved" is not the best wording because it can indicate that the body was moved after the initial disposal, a point B existing so to speak between A and C, moo.)

Does anyone mods, etc have a good explanation as per the timeline being questionable,and why LE stated such?

A page is set up for Mariah’s funeral.

In other cases I've followed, they usually wait until Monday if a body is found on the weekend.

In other cases I've followed, they usually wait until Monday if a body is found on the weekend.

I think I know what your talking about, but for others wait for what?

Has it been proven that EK is into drugs? If so, I wonder if Mariah found his stash, and ingested some. He may have panicked, knowing that if she was taken to the hospital, the drugs would be discovered, and he'd be busted. Maybe he decided to wait and see if she recovered on her own, but she didn't. :( Or maybe he and his "adult temper" flipped out. Ugh. (ETA: This is assuming EK is the killer. It could have been someone else.)

The part about the dressers has me stumped. Even if a dresser was used to conceal or dispose of her body, why would he need TWO dressers? Even ONE dresser seems cumbersome to me. Wouldn't it have been easier to use a blanket or something similar? Maybe the dressers are completely unrelated. Or maybe he stole them to sell for drug money (if he was into drugs), but even if that was the case, surely it would be easier to steal smaller, less obvious items.

Also, given their proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, why dispose of her in a pond?

I just like for things to make sense, and this situation is strange, to say the least. I guess we'll know more in a few days.

Poor little Mariah. :anguish:

I agree about 2 dressers.

In order to dispose of a body in the ocean, you’d need a boat to get away from the coast. Otherwise, the tide would just bring the body onto shore and beach walkers are prevalent and would have found her. He put her in a river with low tidal activity.

RSBM

There's a family photo of Earl, his daughter with his other GF, and the boys. Neither mom or Mariah are present. Not sure if the timeline has Earl killing her before or after Thanksgiving. If Earl killed her. It could have been someone else.
Who knows ?
:moo:
How do we know his child's mother is in the photo? I saw someone state this on SM, but no real confirmation of this. It didn't sound like the person knew them, but was just repeating something she may have heard.

I am really confused, if this is the case, why Kristy's boys would also be in the photo. So I'm wondering if part of the explanation is that the woman was not, in fact, the ex girlfriend, and they were taking turns taking family photos. Sometimes we can only get a family photo minus one adult photographer at a time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is the reason I question Mariah and KH's whereabouts on Thanksgiving Day. I'm sure LE has gathered information on the adults, but not taking a sick child out in public would be understandable. On the other hand, being noticeable absent from a family get together (not saying anyone was), could give an idea of the climate of EK and KH's relationship and how things may have been following that day into the weekend. All MOO.

Mariah may not have died immediately after her injuries. There are many cases where a child was injured but didn't receive medical attention and died 2 or 3 days after the injury. In almost all of those cases, there was reported abuse before so the parent was more afraid of getting in trouble and losing their child, than their child suffering and dying slowly :(

There have been previous warnings not to source the NewsinOnslo site (or whatever it is called) because it is NOT MSM and is not an approved source at Websleuths.

The photo of the mom having dinner out is absolutely off-limits for discussion.

As per The Rules, Mariah's mother is a victim unless/until we are told otherwise. You may discuss what is in MSM about her, but you may not sleuth her.

Does anyone remember them saying yesterday that there would be a press conference today?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member