Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With investigators apparently trying to nail down exactly when she was seen by someone outside the home, I keep thinking it's possible she was severely injured days before and they kept her at home while she was dying. Somehow this freaks me out even worse than her dying instantly.

I don't like this theory, but it makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep coming back to the water. Sherin's father said he put her outside by a tree for punishment. I wonder, if this bf ever said anything about water.

There seems to be a lot of marshy type land, and creeks and streams, off of the main waterways. They managed to focus it down to two areas.

A little info on Shelter Creek. These folks put in at Holland's Shelter Creek Restaurant which is on NC-53, just above Shaw Road.

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/shelter-creek-in-north-carolina/?lat=34.6018&lng=-77.8240&zoom=14

I had a child die suddenly and unexpectedly. I didn't cry then or at her funeral. I was stunned and numb and way beyond tears.
So sorry you lost your girl, Jennifer.

I lost my 18yo son suddenly and I can totally relate to stunned and numb and no tears. Everybody processes through grief in their own way at their own pace.

It's hard for me to watch other parents in these cases, whether in the media or during trials, but I find it's also cathartic and healing in a backassward way.

I think I will go look at mom's video again. Thanks for your input.

Not when it is impossible to adequately handle their caseload.

Social workers must pay monthly visits to each child in their case load. Even if the child is placed out of state or the county which is not uncommon. So tell
me how they can visit each child monthly if they have 50-60 cases?

That should be illegal. But it's not. And it makes it literally impossible to monitor their cases.

I personally haves seen cases where there was a year or more without a visit from a social worker. 2 to 3 months between visits is not uncommon . In one particular case the child had 3 social workers she never met.

50 - 60 child caseload at 160 normal work hours in 4 weeks. All cases are in the county they serve 50-60 hours plus travel time. If visits are clustered in geographical areas reducing travel time if you allow 1/2 hour travel time per child (which i believe is possible if planning is done within the county and clustering visits. You are looking at 75 to 90 hours court days are usually once a week so six hour court days 24 hours. 114 hours with 36 hours for paperwork or emergencies. Possible?

JMHO

I like the idea of donating the gifts laid at the memorial to needy children. It's Christmas now. Hopefully, another little girl will get toys. The memorial presents can be two-fold. Jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After stuffed animals have sat outside, for a spell, some places may not take them, to give them to another child. I'm not a germophobe but things tend to "cling" to stuffed animals, especially if left outdoors. I worked for a non-profit and while all in-kind donations were appreciated, used stuffed animals usually showed "use". Perhaps folks could begin giving them, instead, in her honor/remembrance, to a local spouse abuse shelter. Many times, the children who come in with their parent, barely bring the clothes on their backs. A stuffed animal would likely be a comfort, as well as something to call their own.

With investigators apparently trying to nail down exactly when she was seen by someone outside the home, I keep thinking it's possible she was severely injured days before and they kept her at home while she was dying. Somehow this freaks me out even worse than her dying instantly.

Reminds me of little Lonzie Barton whose mother & b/friend didn't get him medical attention for injuries, and he died and thrown out like trash in a dump area in the woods with car tyres on top of his skeletonized remains when Ruben Ebron eventually told LE where to find Lonzie:(

I keep coming back to the water. Sherin's father said he put her outside by a tree for punishment. I wonder, if this bf ever said anything about water.

There seems to be a lot of marshy type land, and creeks and streams, off of the main waterways. They managed to focus it down to two areas.

A little info on Shelter Creek. These folks put in at Holland's Shelter Creek Restaurant which is on NC-53, just above Shaw Road.

https://paddling.com/paddle/trips/shelter-creek-in-north-carolina/?lat=34.6018&lng=-77.8240&zoom=14
The photos are very helpful. Is duckweed present all year or is it seasonal? It seems to me it would make water searches more difficult. Those divers knew where to look.

I am so impressed and amazed by LE and all the SAR teams and locals who pulled together for Mariah. Outstanding.

I am WAY behind here - but wanted to put up this reminder!

Monday, December 4th:
*Hearing @ 8am ET - NC - Mariah Kay Woods (3) (Nov. 27, 2017/missing presumed dead) - Arrested 12/2/17 - Earl Kimrey (32) BF of Mom charged with concealing a death, obstruction of justice, 2nd degree burglary, felony larceny & possession of stolen property. Held on $1,010,000 Bond. Additional charges pending. 12/2 update: The arrest warrant for Kimrey indicates that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around that time frame of Mariah's disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant charging Kimrey with concealing of death and other charges states that he obstructed justice by "removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud." The warrant goes on to state that Kimrey "secretly disposed of the dead child's body." Records indicate he is due in court Monday at 8 a.m.

:judge:

:rose: JUSTICE for MARIAH!! :rose:

Just posting a few photos for interest,

1. shows EK (according to source) on the day Mariah was reported missing,
2. the shed behind the trailer
3. broken blinds on the trailer
4. trailer showing location of broken blinds
AR-171209605.jpg

http://gm5-ncwebvarnish.newscyclecl...y-authorities-find-body-of-missing-3-year-old

Photo 2 seems to have what could be a dresser minus drawers on the porch.

Photo 2 seems to have what could be a dresser minus drawers on the porch.
If that's one of the dressers in question it looks to have been there longer than just overnight, since there's already a small accumulation of stuff in it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

If that's one of the dressers in question it looks to have been there longer than just overnight, since there's already a small accumulation of stuff in it.

Mm, I'm trying to find a picture of the other porch on the other side of the trailer, see if there's another one there. I've seen a photo somewhere so I'll keep looking.

(They could've shoved something on it to make it look like it hadn't just been stolen :D )

One thing that keeps coming back to me is "unnatural" death... is there any possibility that Mariah could have gotten into something ~ possibly drugs ~ and accidently overdosed and they didn't want to report that they had drugs in the home? When my son was three, I called Poison Control almost on a weekly basis for advice about the things he had ingested (vitamins, caulk around the windows, etc.)
I just have not heard the term "unnatural death" used so often... so it just makes me think there is something connected to the terminology.

I've got blinds that look like that. Those cheapo things go quickly, especially if you peek out of them or the cat (or dog) likes to get in the window. Those DO look broken beyond pets or peeking, but who's to say how long they've had them? I haven't heard any mention of pets, but they may have had those blinds (& a pet) at a previous residence. The process of moving the blinds & putting them up at the place could've finished them off if they were already damaged.

I know, I'm always devil's advocate...

One thing that keeps coming back to me is "unnatural" death... is there any possibility that Mariah could have gotten into something ~ possibly drugs ~ and accidently overdosed and they didn't want to report that they had drugs in the home? When my son was three, I called Poison Control almost on a weekly basis for advice about the things he had ingested (vitamins, caulk around the windows, etc.)
I just have not heard the term "unnatural death" used so often... so it just makes me think there is something connected to the terminology.
The warrant was written before they found Mariah's body. I'm just thinking they left their options open as to cause, just know it wasn't natural. That could be because they found her blood.

I've got blinds that look like that. Those cheapo things go quickly, especially if you peek out of them or the cat (or dog) likes to get in the window. Those DO look broken beyond pets or peeking, but who's to say how long they've had them? I haven't heard any mention of pets, but they may have had those blinds (& a pet) at a previous residence. The process of moving the blinds & putting them up at the place could've finished them off if they were already damaged.

I know, I'm always devil's advocate...

Could've been the children 'rough' playing, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566