Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, none of this will bring Mariah back. Airing every CPS report won't change what happened. What all of this is doing is interfering in an ACTIVE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION. It doesn't matter if we think KW and EK are evil, very evil, super evil, or the devil incarnate. All that matters is what a prosecutor puts in front of a jury, and what the jury finds beyond a reasonable doubt.

The only thing I care about is the people responsible for this horrific crime being convicted for it and spending the rest of their lives in prison. There's a reason LE doesn't disclose every fact of their investigation to national news organizations, and I'm shocked at people clutching pearls at every criticism of the dad's poor judgment on display again and again today. Publicity and press will not influence the prosecutor and can only hurt the case.

I whole heartedly believe what the children are saying. It takes an enormous amount of strength and courage to go against a parent, the one who was there to protect them and failed.

Kids who are abused will tell a lot when they know they do not have to deal with the $hit anymore. Their shields come off when they know what office they are in. Trust me.

Ashleigh stated they have reached out to AW the last couple of days but have not gotten a response. I'm confident he interviewed with NG prior to being advised by LE not to say anything. She also stated a copy of the CPS document was sent to both parents. Definitely seeing the need for the vest today.

Why would AW give this to news to put out there to the world. Yes we all want information, but not at the expense of those children. Breaks my heart for those two boys that the world has heard all this, they will hear about it at school etc.

Just throwing this out there but it's a really bad idea to assume someone's thought process and feelings based on one photo taken. We don't know what he is thinking or feeling and I think it does no good and doesn't contribute to the discussion about Mariah's case by speculating on someone else's feelings. For all you know he broke down in tears (he didn't, just saying) the moment after this photo was taken. Of course he looks smug here, that's what the photog was going for, they don't take pictures to record things, they look for shock factor and what they know is going to upset people.

IMO, I think it's a waste of time and mental energy to keep rehashing what we think he is thinking or feeling, to speculate on his looks because ultimately it doesn't matter. He could be falling on the ground in despair and lamentation and empathic psychics would still say "Oh..look at him..he doesn't care, he's upset for himself...hang him...HANG HIM!!!" We should be focusing on finding the truth, not Earl's mental state.

Just my 2-cents.

Take a look at the BREAKING NEWS ON HLN and see the truth

How do you know he is a monster? Were you there? Do you have first hand knowledge? No, everything we know is coming to us second and third hand and through media sources and people with an agenda. I'm interested in the truth, not what Nancy Grace or what AW alleges or what some neighbor is reporting to the fancy reporter visiting their trailer park. Has LE said anything about these allegations? No. Has the DA? Nope. Has anyone besides AW and HLN (a known tabloid channel)? BIg Nope Burger.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to hang someone based on unfounded speculation and accusations. That isn't how I roll.

Happily, we aren't talking about hanging him. The justice system is responsible for dealing with him.

How do I know he is a monster? Common sense and critical thinking skills. This isn't rocket science, IMO. And we are not in a court of law. I can use my experience and ability to observe and use logic to judge what's going here based on facts that would not be admissible in court. I am free to do that.

Does the grandmother have the boys? If they are in foster care elsewhere, why does she require gifts, cash etc?

True, but given the fact that they were returned to the abuser (EK for sure) last year after speaking out, would they have any assurance they wouldn't returned and punished for what they reported? One of the boys had just gotten punched in the face by EK the day before Mariah disappeared, they had to have been so scared. Such bravery for them to be Mariah's voice.

Kids who are abused will tell a lot when they know they do not have to deal with the $hit anymore. Their shields come off when they know what office they are in. Trust me.

Does the grandmother have the boys? If they are in foster care elsewhere, why does she require gifts, cash etc?

I believe she had them until Friday - and the request for the gift cards was made before Friday.

They can be under CPS/DSS care and places with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would AW give this to news to put out there to the world. Yes we all want information, but not at the expense of those children. Breaks my heart for those two boys that the world has heard all this, they will hear about it at school etc.

No one would listen to him before and now one of his kids is dead. Maybe, just maybe, he is desperate that someone will listen now and he can save the other two. I don't think it is wise but I understand the motivation.

Oh and all this information was bound to come out anyway, eventually, at trial.

Hi,snuck away to the bathroom with my phone at work, any news on COD yet? tia.

How do you know AW released it?

AW did not provide HLN with the document. They actually spoke to a reporter from the local news affiliate WCTI who had obtained the documents. Clearly, the documents have been released to the media. AB stated that copies of the report were sent to K(H)W and AW.

Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No one would listen to him before and now one of his kids is dead. Maybe, just maybe, he is desperate that someone will listen now and he can save the other two. I don't think it is wise but I understand the motivation.

Oh and all this information was bound to come out anyway, eventually, at trial.

I know the information would come out at trial - but it would be information that CPS provided after they investigate the claims. By the time trial comes around alot of people will not be watching as much emotions will not be as high. Also what comes out at trial would be CPS findings after investigation. I have no doubt the boys are telling the truth, I just think it is horrible that the father provided this information to the media for whatever reason he chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea