Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me sad how they likely spent their Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and how memories of this year will affect their Thanksgivings to come. The damage of violence and neglect can be soooo far-reaching. I have hope for healing, but, man....just so sad to think of how that household was run and how those kids were raised.

jmo

IMO, the dressers and Mariah's death aren't related.
I think the courts just charged EK with stealing the dressers so they could hold him in jail until they had enough evidence to charge him with the charges against Mariah.
I think it's connected but I don't know how. My guess would be possibly as a weight, even if it was just the drawers, they could have been old and quite solid wood, and he knew they were there having been in the house before.

Just totally at a loss why DSS documents of that magnitude would be made public at this time to anyone not in LE.

Dad has a case with DSS so any parent would be provided with a copy of the report. They weren't made public by DSS. But by dad.

Why would he do it? Well, no one listened to him before and now his baby girl is dead. I would say he's desperate. He wants public pressure so that they aren't "reunified" again.

That may backfire on him though. These cases are confidential and there can be penalties for releasing such info. I doubt the kids will be placed with him.

Is there a way of finding out after five pm eastern time if someone has been arrested and is now a resident of the jail?

I imagine the media are waiting for any updates of that nature and would release such an update within about ten seconds of the news getting out.

All they have to do is write a Breaking News headline and then push it for publication the second a LE officer tells them it's fact.

I also wonder if they hate their dad for not being able to protect them. I too hope that they are surrounded by love and protection from here on out. :sob:

With all the physical abuse, there is bound to be psychological abuse as well. If AW was kept from his children, they (children) may have been led to believe dad and girlfriend did not want to them around. JMHO

I may be in the minority but I am not fond of NG. I tuned in just for this, first time in years, annnnd she's asking bio Dad questions, and making suggestions, that she really shouldn't be, so fixing to shut her off.
I, and I would assume a number of us here, shut her off a couple or more years ago.

I’m not sure I can keep following this case. My heart is breaking into a million pieces[emoji174]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is sad and I thought the same but maybe the hate toward dad is that he was unable to rescue them and they don't understand why.

That explanation seems perfectly reasonable & plausible- poor boys. My heart breaks for Dad- I can't begin to imagine how it would feel to be in his shoes and I hate to judge anyone living through the absolute nightmare this is; with that said, sharing this CPS report with media is an absolute invasion of those children's privacy and proves that those boys can't trust him to protect them. (at least at this time) Can someone in LE force him to remain quiet about the case?!?!?!

Choice of the water for a disposal site could have been to get her to ingest water and prevent discovery of semen. Sorry to be crude.

At least now I can understand the sadness, the resignation, the look of desolation on the faces of all these precious children that was obvious in some (most) of the photographs of these beautiful babies. Their eyes, the deep sadness that emanated from their very souls. Why couldn't someone see it and save them. I'll never get this case out of my mind. :anguish:

The information in the CPS file would be released eventually at the trial.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by soanyway

Coud he have tossed her over that bridge in the video? Doesn't strike me as the type to hike into the woods in the dark. MOO

That's probably just the place -- if that bridge is the one I think it is, using google maps -- that bridge is not far from where Pender County LE was -- very close to the intersection of Hwy 53 and Shaw Road. And it looks like you might be able to pull of the road right beside the creek.

Now I know why I could NEVER find a picture of Mariah smiling. Just how sad is that? She was THREE for Christ’s sake!

Well, after 2.5 years of emotional turbulence with Cooper Harris's murder, I thought I was leaving sleuthing behind. But here I am again---couldn't ignore this one, Jacksonville is literally just up the road from me. I'm very, very familiar with the area and so, have my ear to the ground.

Dad has a case with DSS so any parent would be provided with a copy of the report. They weren't made public by DSS. But by dad.

Why would he do it? Well, no one listened to him before and now his baby girl is dead. I would say he's desperate. He wants public pressure so that they aren't "reunified" again.

That may backfire on him though. These cases are confidential and there can be penalties for releasing such info. I doubt the kids will be placed with him.

I was just fixin to ask a question about this. I was wondering how dad had a copy of the report. Here in NJ, so far as I am aware, CPS doesn't release their reports to ANYONE, they are kept strictly confidential, even from a reporting parent. The only thing a reporting parent gets is a file # and they have to call their case worker to find out what's going on with their case.

On a separate note, I wonder how releasing this report to media is going to impact bio-dad's chances of getting his boys back. Frankly, if I were a judge this type of behavior might give me pause to consider if sending the boys to stay with bio-dad would be a good idea.

I'm just sick about the way these poor innocent children have been living their lives. And that they are not the only ones.....there are thousands of cases like this we just don't know about :(. I thank God that I was reared in a loving home and have no proclivities to abuse my children.

Same here.
I was raised in a loving home as well.
Yes, me and my siblings were spanked, but it was strictly a form of discipline. I was a cheeky little child and so I was spanked on a more regular basis 😂

Dad has a case with DSS so any parent woul8d be provided with a copy of the report. They weren't made public by DSS. But by dad.

Agreed! I can only imagine how he feels, I mean really. .how has the system worked for him so far? He may have the "nothing to lose " mentality at this point, his baby girl is gone and his other children have been brainwashed against him. I wish I had the means to help him get a very good attorney to help him navigate the even more uphill battle than he has already been fighting.

OMG its 2am here! I'm off to bed and I hope to wake up to news of new charges! That's if I can sleep.

I think it's connected but I don't know how. My guess would be possibly as a weight, even if it was just the drawers, they could have been old and quite solid wood, and he knew they were there having been in the house before.

Don't drawers float, though?
They wouldn't make a very good weight if that's the case.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member