GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Justice for Julia page just posted an article that says they located her with help of the suspect. I tried to link , but per usual I’m inept with my iPhone and apps [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done to law enforcement and the searchers for persisting in trying to recover Julia and Boogie. I am sure the family will be grateful they can at least give them a proper resting place. I hate to think of people laying out there just discarded, it's sacrilegious. In the USA you have such large areas of land to cover in searches, it is so much more difficult to find people. I hope it doesn't mean that the suspect, if found guilty, gets a lighter sentence. This lady seems to have suffered a long time of living in fear, fears that eventually came true. I wouldn't be handing out any mercy in this case.

For her families sake, I hope this is Julia & Boogie. I have a feeling it is. After all, it’s not very common to find a female & dog together.

Aside from giving the family closure, the only other good thing about this is it helps the case against her evil ex!!
It does sound like they've found them. From Dalagali's link :

http://abc7.com/remains-of-woman-dog-found-amid-search-for-missing-army-officer-in-ie/2723606/

>>>snip

...Ontario police said Jacobson was last seen on surveillance video in the Cactus City rest area on Saturday, Sept. 2...

and

...Friday's discovery was made with Ware's cooperation and a cadaver dog...

(article continues)
<<<snip

Rest in peace, Julia Jacobson and Boogie. I won't forget you.

This is the first I’ve read about her being seen on the rest area surveillance. Was that brought up before and I missed it?

This is the first I&#8217;ve read about her being seen on the rest area surveillance. Was that brought up before and I missed it?

First time it was mentioned. The question is how long did LE have this surveillance video. And the followup would be why wouldn't they have searched that area in the nearly three months prior, that is why did it have to wait until Dalen cooperated?

Here's another article that says Dalen cooperated in finding her....
http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/...ch-for-missing-San-Diego-woman-461388993.html

CACTUS CITY, Calif. (KGTV) - Authorities searching for a missing San Diego woman discovered the remains of a woman and a dog in a shallow grave Friday.

Ontario Police discovered the remains in Cactus City on Box Canyon Road along Interstate 10, during their search for Julia Jacobson, Ontario police officer Fred Alvarez told 10News.
[.....]
Police have yet to positively confirm the body's identity through an autopsy.

Jacobson's ex-husband, Dalen Payne Ware, was arrested in October on suspicion of murdering Jacobson.
Alvarez said Friday's discovery was made with cooperation from Ware.

[/I]

http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/...ch-for-missing-San-Diego-woman-461388993.html

CACTUS CITY, Calif. (KGTV) - Authorities searching for a missing San Diego woman discovered the remains of a woman and a dog in a shallow grave Friday.

Ontario Police discovered the remains in Cactus City on Box Canyon Road along Interstate 10, during their search for Julia Jacobson, Ontario police officer Fred Alvarez told 10News.
[.....]

Jacobson's ex-husband, Dalen Payne Ware, was arrested in October on suspicion of murdering Jacobson.

[/I]
IMO....they took something off the table to incent him....I'm good with that. This family needs this to end. Same spirit as Bobo family's decision.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

[.....]

[/I]
Thanks, Niner!

Not much new information in this San Diego Union article, but there is this:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-remains-found-20171201-story.html

>>>snip

In an email to the Union-Tribune, Ware&#8217;s lawyer, Steve Cline, said his client on Friday voluntarily showed police &#8220;the place he had buried (Jacobsen)&#8221; &#8212; without a plea bargain or promise of leniency.

<<<snip

I'm glad to know this. Somehow, it matters.

Thanks, Niner!
In an email to the Union-Tribune, Ware’s lawyer, Steve Cline, said his client on Friday voluntarily showed police “the place he had buried (Jacobsen)” — without a plea bargain or promise of leniency.

<<<snip

Hmmmm...I'm shocked. Kills her, buries her, and lies to everyone for months. Difficult to believe he had a sliver of conscious, but maybe.

Hmmmm...I'm shocked. Kills her, buries her, and lies to everyone for months. Difficult to believe he had a sliver of conscious, but maybe.

Right. Not to mention the 200 cops, Border Patrol, S & R people, with dogs, and volunteers searching the desert for two days straight. Maybe he admitted to leaving them in the desert, but "voluntarily showed police where they were buried" sounds like defense attorney spin to me.

First time it was mentioned. The question is how long did LE have this surveillance video. And the followup would be why wouldn't they have searched that area in the nearly three months prior, that is why did it have to wait until Dalen cooperated?

I totally agree. If Julia was seen alive on the video in Cactus City then she was not murdered in Ontario which LE claims. I am curious if Ware was also seen on the video and maybe Julia was under some type of duress. I believe that LE needs evidence that Ware abducted Julia and Boogie in Ontario and drove both of them in Julia's car to Cactus City rest stop and killed them there. After killing both of them then Ware drove Julia's car to San Diego which would make prosecuting Ware much easier but don't have that evidence yet. I could be wrong about this but LE needs to establish that Ware drove Julia's car to SD after killing her otherwise it allows the possibility that another person/accomplice was involved in Julia's murder.

I totally agree. If Julia was seen alive on the video in Cactus City then she was not murdered in Ontario which LE claims. I am curious if Ware was also seen on the video and maybe Julia was under some type of duress. I believe that LE needs evidence that Ware abducted Julia and Boogie in Ontario and drove both of them in Julia's car to Cactus City rest stop and killed them there. After killing both of them then Ware drove Julia's car to San Diego which would make prosecuting Ware much easier but don't have that evidence yet. I could be wrong about this but LE needs to establish that Ware drove Julia's car to SD after killing her otherwise it allows the possibility that another person/accomplice was involved in Julia's murder.
The key to this I suppose is how did Dalen get to California? If he drove from Arizona, where did he meet Julia and then how did he get back to his car if it wasn't in or near San Diego?

If he flew in then which airport? If that wasn't San Diego then how does he get from San Diego to the airport to return home.

Either way, regardless of how he got to and from Arizona the problem is how does he get to and from either his own vehicle or an airport if those aren't located in San Diego without any help?

What did he dig the shallow grave with? If they were travelling around in Julia's vehicle how would he get a shovel in there, for example? It would only make sense if Julia was a passenger in his vehicle.

LE has said they believe she was killed on Sunday, September 3rd. So when did Julia and Dalen arrive in Cactus City? If she allegedly picked up Boogie before 9pm in Ontario then she more than likely was the person that was responding to texts with a friend because you aren't getting from Ontario to Cactus City anytime soon - it is over 110 miles away. This means that the family's conjecture that Julia didn't write those texts is not correct.

Which leads me to the one text that said (paraphrase) "Palm Springs today, Big Bear tomorrow". Was Julia already in Palm Springs and went back to Ontario for Boogie? If she was there already wouldn't it be odd to her to not only head back toward Palm Springs but go many miles beyond? If she hadn't been to Palm Springs before she picked up Boogie then where did Dalen and Julia go prior to picking up Boogie?

We may never end up with any of these questions being answered if he pleads guilty.

We may never end up with any of these questions being answered if he pleads guilty.

I'm aware of several cases where the deal is struck with the promise to tell what happened. Maybe that will help answer the questions.

The key to this I suppose is how did Dalen get to California? If he drove from Arizona, where did he meet Julia and then how did he get back to his car if it wasn't in or near San Diego?

If he flew in then which airport? If that wasn't San Diego then how does he get from San Diego to the airport to return home.

Either way, regardless of how he got to and from Arizona the problem is how does he get to and from either his own vehicle or an airport if those aren't located in San Diego without any help?

What did he dig the shallow grave with? If they were travelling around in Julia's vehicle how would he get a shovel in there, for example? It would only make sense if Julia was a passenger in his vehicle.

LE has said they believe she was killed on Sunday, September 3rd. So when did Julia and Dalen arrive in Cactus City? If she allegedly picked up Boogie before 9pm in Ontario then she more than likely was the person that was responding to texts with a friend because you aren't getting from Ontario to Cactus City anytime soon - it is over 110 miles away. This means that the family's conjecture that Julia didn't write those texts is not correct.

Which leads me to the one text that said (paraphrase) "Palm Springs today, Big Bear tomorrow". Was Julia already in Palm Springs and went back to Ontario for Boogie? If she was there already wouldn't it be odd to her to not only head back toward Palm Springs but go many miles beyond? If she hadn't been to Palm Springs before she picked up Boogie then where did Dalen and Julia go prior to picking up Boogie?

Ware might have flown into Ontario, though, and had Julia meet him there. Because she was there, we know that. (That would be the smart way to fly in from somewhere, avoiding LAX and the worst of LA traffic). They decide to go to Palm Springs for lunch, (1.5 hours). Julia boards Boogie at the Ontario Petco and they take Julia's car towards "Palm Springs". Julia and BBoogie are killed along the way. Indio is 30 minutes SE of Palm Springs; Cactus City Rest Area is 15 minutes E of Indio. Ware leaves Julia and Boogie at the rest stop, drives Julia's car back to Julia's San Diego neighborhood, and calls Uber for a ride to the airport. Better yet, he hops a bus, pays $5 cash and leaves no record of having been there.

Sorry if this is a mess. I'm doing five things at once.

Edited to add: DOh. Reading backwards, I see siliconrod already said all this. Ignore me.

Ware might have flown into Ontario, though, and had Julia meet him there. Because she was there, we know that. (That would be the smart way to fly in from somewhere, avoiding LAX and the worst of LA traffic). They decide to go to Palm Springs for lunch, (1.5 hours). Julia boards Boogie at the Ontario Petco and they take Julia's car towards "Palm Springs". Julia and BBoogie are killed along the way. Indio is 30 minutes SE of Palm Springs; Cactus City Rest Area is 15 minutes E of Indio. Ware leaves Julia and Boogie at the rest stop, drives Julia's car back to Julia's San Diego neighborhood, and calls Uber for a ride to the airport. Better yet, he hops a bus, pays $5 cash and leaves no record of having been there.

Sorry if this is a mess. I'm doing five things at once.

Edited to add: DOh. Reading backwards, I see siliconrod already said all this. Ignore me.
My understanding is that Julia was seen in Ontario picking up Boogie from boarding the dog. So, she had to be in Ontario Saturday around 8:30pm. It is over 110 miles from there to Cactus City. And, law enforcement has said that Julia was killed on Sunday the 3rd but did not specify a time.

My understanding is that Julia was seen in Ontario picking up Boogie from boarding the dog. So, she had to be in Ontario Saturday around 8:30pm. It is over 110 miles from there to Cactus City. And, law enforcement has said that Julia was killed on Sunday the 3rd but did not specify a time.

I think it was Julia texting and she was likely short because she didn't want to invite questions about who she was with since her family and friends would likely not have been happy about her being with DW.

I think the "Palm Springs today" part meant either they had been there already (why she boarded Boogie) or they were planning to make it there that night and go to Big Bear the next day. Seems more likely to me that she meant that night though.

I'm figuring DW was likely driving and an argument ensued or maybe even Julia fell asleep and he kept driving out towards Cactus City. Since we know evidence was found in the vehicle of her and Boogies deaths, DW may have driven somewhere to purchase a shovel after he killed them.

I'm also assuming he probably took public transportation or a taxi to get back to his car or the airport.

I don't get the sense, based on what we currently know, that he planned this out before even arriving in Ontario, but I could be wrong. Seems like he would've done a better job covering his tracks.

I think it was Julia texting and she was likely short because she didn't want to invite questions about who she was with since her family and friends would likely not have been happy about her being with DW.

I think the "Palm Springs today" part meant either they had been there already (why she boarded Boogie) or they were planning to make it there that night and go to Big Bear the next day. Seems more likely to me that she meant that night though.

I'm figuring DW was likely driving and an argument ensued or maybe even Julia fell asleep and he kept driving out towards Cactus City. Since we know evidence was found in the vehicle of her and Boogies deaths, DW may have driven somewhere to purchase a shovel after he killed them.

I'm also assuming he probably took public transportation or a taxi to get back to his car or the airport.

I don't get the sense, based on what we currently know, that he planned this out before even arriving in Ontario, but I could be wrong. Seems like he would've done a better job covering his tracks.

So sad to hear this news today! I genuinely thought of Julia and Boogie often, and was always looking for them driving around in San Diego.

One thing I did want to share: I am not a nativeof San Diego, but have lived here for about 10 years. I know the area where Julia's car was left and wanted to note that it would be VERY easy for anyone to leave that location on foot, get on the trolley at any of the many stops, and head into Mexico. Once in Mexico, one could easily purchase a plane ticket back to any American destination as long as you had a passport. Maybe seems out of the way when somebody is going only from San Diego to Arizona, but as far as flights go, it wouldn't be unusual for someone to fly from say Tijuana to Arizona. Unless someone was looking, my guess is that this would be the easiest and fastest way to get back to Arizona undetected. Doesn't seem undetectable to me, but I could see someone like Dalen thinking that would be a good plan considering it is faster than driving back and avoids the boarder check point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back