Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it seems they started with a 5 mile radius. Just noting for educational purposes.

"Investigators and law enforcement spent five days searching a five-mile radius around Mariah’s house before expanding the search perimeters to Highway 53 and Highway 17 in*Pender*County. The public was asked to aide in the search for the missing girl."

http://www.yourtango.com/2017308847...-mothers-boyfriend-earl-kimrey-arrested-death

Hi I'm a long time lurker, and registered last night. I've followed a few cases on websleuths over the past couple of years, just reading comments etc. Thought it was time to join. Hoping I've clicked the right box to write my comment. This is really heartbreaking reading what has happened to Mariah, and those poor boys. I've been following her case since day one. The mystery of the dressers, from what I have seen, is the mother had put an advert in a local for sale site, asking if anyone had 2 cheap dressers for sale. If I can find that post again, I will post it in here. That will be why the dressers were stolen. I have no idea if they have anything to do with what's happened to precious Mariah :-( I think the dressers won't be related, and are a separate charge all together. My gut feeling is the mother is involved, and knew Mariah was deceased when she done her tv interview. Being a mother and nanna myself, she didn't come across as genuine, and it seemed fake to me. I'm saddened to read the CS papers, and what those children have been through. I just hope justice is done, and all those involved in harming Mariah, the boys and neglect, are punished. Hope this posts in the correct place haha. Apologise if i have posted in the wrong place.

Ps. Nice to finally meet you all :)
Could you explain what you mean about the dressers? Are you saying Mariah's mom posted on Craigslist or something similar asking to buy dressers? I don't understand the connection - are you saying someone responded and then Earl stole the dressers that they offered for sale?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AW was talking about how unlikely an abduction by a stranger or someone who wasn't a member of the household would have been.

Which was my point. LE has not named either parent a POI nor have they cleared either parent.

I have no idea what kind of a man AW is. I do know that he at least tried to do something about the children's dangerous living conditions. I can't blame him for releasing the CPS report because I can understand why he'd have trouble trusting the "system" to right the wrongs done.
Keeping the system accountable.. I don't blame him at all!

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what kind of a man AW is. I do know that he at least tried to do something about the children's dangerous living conditions. I can't blame him for releasing the CPS report because I can understand why he'd have trouble trusting the "system" to right the wrongs done.
I can understand too. Obviously CPS,and the courts didn't do their job before Mariah' s little life was snuffed out. They didn't listen, didn't hear. Why should he trust them to do the right thing now. Unless under the glare of all the world to see how CPS,and the courts failed Mariah,as well as her brothers.
The spotlight should be on them. Bottom line CPS, and the courts knew the danger these innocent,helpless children's lives were in,and are still in danger. Because someone they were dependant allowed for all this to happen.
Someone has to pull out all the stops, and be a voice for these boy's now.

Thread # 7 is open for posting.

Please make sure you read the 1st three posts.

This thread will be closing shortly.

Thank you :)

I was just fixin to ask a question about this. I was wondering how dad had a copy of the report. Here in NJ, so far as I am aware, CPS doesn't release their reports to ANYONE, they are kept strictly confidential, even from a reporting parent. The only thing a reporting parent gets is a file # and they have to call their case worker to find out what's going on with their case.

On a separate note, I wonder how releasing this report to media is going to impact bio-dad's chances of getting his boys back. Frankly, if I were a judge this type of behavior might give me pause to consider if sending the boys to stay with bio-dad would be a good idea.

Wow. No in most states the parents are given the full reports. They are parties to the case so it would be a due process violation not to release the claims and allegations concerning their family, to them. I'm not sure how NJ gets around that.

That is my concern that he's jeopardized his own chances of the boys being placed with him. I do think he's probably doing this out of pain and not any intention to hurt the boys, but he's not showing himself to be very responsible at this time. If the boys are placed with him he has to focus 100% on them, not on his anger.

The problem is that feeling on the periphery of all of this might be aggravating things and motivating him to release something like this or get on the phone to NG. If the boys had been with AW this weekend, then he probably would have found it easier to tell the media to go away, especially if he had professional victim support with him and child psychologists giving him advice on how to care for them at this terribly difficult time for them. For instance a child psychologist and victim support worker would be telling him that anything those boys reveal does not go straight to the media but to them and the DA. And if he doesn't have those people there with him and giving him that advice it's a bit twisted that he's probably going to be expected to be behaving as though he did...yet I do expect that the court won't take that into consideration.

And I am not saying he *should* have the boys with him, he does come across as if he genuinely loves them and is in a lot of pain for them and for the loss of Mariah, and if there's no good reason why he shouldn't have the boys at this time, or at some time in the future, then I do hope it can happen. They need to know they haven't been abandoned willingly by their dad on top of all of this stuff with their mom and the loss of their sister in such a horrible way, and I think they deserve to know him if he hasn't done anything bad to them.

I don't think this is about his anger. I think it's about his fear.

Mom had better be arrested soon. LE has to believe all of what the boys said if they believe any of it, imo...didn't they also say she was there?

They can take their time. The kids are safe for now.

From what I understand,CPS was not aware of the SA abuse before Mariah went missing. The boys told them when they were being questioned.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. The girlfriend of dad stated they suspected sexual abuse previously but no one would listen and the kids were returned to mom.

I don't know if I'm right or not, but I would think that in this situation where police are considering whether or not parents might have involvement in a child's disappearance, that when questioning siblings police would need a responsible adult present, and that adult could be someone from CPS?

I have zero doubt that the way things went down is LE interviewed the kids and THEN called CPS due to what they stated. So CPS took emergency custody.

I can understand too. Obviously CPS,and the courts didn't do their job before Mariah' s little life was snuffed out. They didn't listen, didn't hear. Why should he trust them to do the right thing now. Unless under the glare of all the world to see how CPS,and the courts failed Mariah,as well as her brothers.
The spotlight should be on them. Bottom line CPS, and the courts knew the danger these innocent,helpless children's lives were in,and are still in danger. Because someone they were dependant allowed for all this to happen.
Someone has to pull out all the stops, and be a voice for these boy's now.

I sure don't understand how the releasing publicly the highly confidential information about abuse his sons have endured "helps" them in any way.

I respectfully disagree. When my daughter passed away, we were encouraged not to view her body. So we didn't. It has taken years of therapy to recover from that choice. Viewing the body brings closure - and a parent needs that. I wasn't there when my daughter passed away (like Mariahs Dad) and your mind plays all sorts of games on you. Losing a child is hell. But then the mind games your brain plays afterwards make it a million times worse.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Daughter, my only concern is that Mariah was missing for days and found in the water and elements ..which will do things to a body ,you know? I have never been in your shoes, so I really do not know and I am sorry.

I really think it's a very individual thing, whether or not viewing the body brings closure. And even if it does, depending on the state of a body, the negative effects may outweigh the bad. So there is no right or wrong answer, generally speaking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This still brought up nothing for me. I could be doing it wrong.... I have chosen not to take it all too literal as I have not been able to find any doc's or articles about it. I was shocked, and appalled, to read it and unsure of where it was all coming from.
I believe the boys and what they reported to CPS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member