Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who made the allegations and were they investigated is what I'd like to know. When a I see a headline that says Dad Blames the System, I'd like to know what exactly the system failed to do. Allegations do require evidence and is it that CPS ignored the evidence? Failed to return a call? Didn't bother to even investigate? It's all very vague.

CPS had previously taken the kids from the mother and placed them with the father. The mother went back to court and the “system” removed the kids and put them back with the mother. The mother refused to let the father see the children and he had no funds to go back to court.

I didn't see it but what was your impression from it?

My impression was that Mariah has special needs, and her mother was practicing doing what the teacher was telling her to do. I have my own judgments of what I saw in the video, as a teacher, which I'll keep to myself since I can't verify them by looking at the video again.
I also wanted to examine the setting to see if it was in the home (which I think it was) or at a professional location. If it was in their home, i think it would have been the High Hill location, so I was curious to see what the background looked like (knowing it would have been cleaned up for the teacher's visit).

""Daddy loves you Mariah.”

Alex Woods signed the poster at his 3-year-old daughter’s memorial site Tuesday morning. His note is written alongside dozens of strangers.

Overcome with emotion, Woods and his fiance, Heather Craft, held onto each other and covered their faces, sobbing with gratitude and grief over the outpouring of support from the community."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/update-dad-says-system-failed-mariah

So glad to see the support for Daddy

I agree. I think that KW's father (the boys' grandfather) heard this information from the boys, and then shared it. I don't see KW telling her father this information. IMO
I can only think they were in a different room but heard it all. Otherwise why no arrests for the killing? It wasn't clear who allegedly hit Mariah from that relayed information. Perhaps the boys only assumed she was hit.

Grouchymom, do you have the criminal records for KW? I think you had them, but I may be wrong. I was most curious about the one of an assault charge against HC (AW's fiancee). I understand it was dropped because HC didn't appear in court. Just curious if the date of the accusation is around when the children were taken from KW and put with their father.

bump - am I the only one to think this?

It makes sense. Supposedly Mariah disappeared overnight so the only witnesses would have been the boys and their mother. This case is starting to remind me of Elaina Steinfurth in Toledo. A horrific case of a missing child who was found stashed in a suitcase in the garage.

My impression was that Mariah has special needs, and her mother was practicing doing what the teacher was telling her to do. I have my own judgments of what I saw in the video, as a teacher, which I'll keep to myself since I can't verify them by looking at the video again.
I also wanted to examine the setting to see if it was in the home (which I think it was) or at a professional location. If it was in their home, i think it would have been the High Hill location, so I was curious to see what the background looked like (knowing it would have been cleaned up for the teacher's visit).

You can give your opinion

""Daddy loves you Mariah.”

Alex Woods signed the poster at his 3-year-old daughter’s memorial site Tuesday morning. His note is written alongside dozens of strangers.

Overcome with emotion, Woods and his fiance, Heather Craft, held onto each other and covered their faces, sobbing with gratitude and grief over the outpouring of support from the community."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/update-dad-says-system-failed-mariah
I hadn't cried for this case yet. That picture did it!

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Someone here asked about a video of Mariah. If you search her name on FB you should find one of her in the pink car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPS had previously taken the kids from the mother and placed them with the father. The mother went back to court and the “system” removed the kids and put them back with the mother. The mother refused to let the father see the children and he had no funds to go back to court.

I've not seen this in any of the news stories. When did this take place? Did it happen after the June divorce?

It makes sense. Supposedly Mariah disappeared overnight so the only witnesses would have been the boys and their mother. This case is starting to remind me of Elaina Steinfurth in Toledo. A horrific case of a missing child who was found stashed in a suitcase in the garage.

And they both got Life. Hopefully we'll see equal justice in Mariah's case.

I hope if the bio dad and his girlfriend are stable enough, the boys will be given to the dad. That being said, he is (I am sure) full of anger issues, grieving and has a long road ahead should the "mother" be arrested and a lengthy trial ensue.

How much can this dad do to comfort his sons, earn a living, deal with his own remorse at not being able to get CPS to listen to him a year ago and still provide a warm and stable home life for these two boys, who must truly be suffering?.

I don't want to see these boys being gypsies. Counselors are not worth the space they take up (IMO) for these kinds of tragedies. While I certainly hope everyone involved avails themselves of therapy, nothing will substitute for a LOVING,NURTURING STABLE home These boys are permanently damaged from the horrific life they lived at the hands of KW and her scum bag boyfriend. They need a loving neutral party to parent them..even if for a short time. JMO..

I've been away for a day.
The YouTube video appears to have been taken down unless it's just my Tapatalk. Can someone let me know what was on it?
How was it discovered that Mariah was SA?
Time for some reading on my day off. Thanks peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This link was posted in the last thread. It a video made of the show so a little hard to hear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_ZoA0pdCM&feature=youtu.be

Here is a set of blueprints for single-wide mobile homes. http://1stchoicehomecenters.com/clayton-homes/clayton-yes-series/
Just trying to figure out how the layout might have been, to help with who may have heard/seen what. At least one of the boys was witness to what they allege EK did to Mariah. How did that happen? Did EK do that purposefully, as more power and control over the boys? Or was it accidental, as in the boys were spying on him and trying to find out what he was doing?
Poor boys. Just heartbreaking what they (and sadly other kids all over the world) suffered.

Grouchymom, do you have the criminal records for KW? I think you had them, but I may be wrong. I was most curious about the one of an assault charge against HC (AW's fiancee). I understand it was dropped because HC didn't appear in court. Just curious if the date of the accusation is around when the children were taken from KW and put with their father.

I'm curious about that as well. I'm wondering if HC filed for an emergency order of protection and that's how the children landed in their household temporarily. If HC didn't show, the Judge would have returned the children to the custody of the parent who had physical custody under the divorce order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee