Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the NG interview (I might have to go back and have a second listen if we can't clear this up together) I think either AW or HC (Heather) said that what they heard (via grandpa?) was that Mariah got hit, they didn't know if she was dead and KW said something like just get rid of her.

This surely has to have come from what the boys witnessed? I don't see it coming from KW or EK or LE. If it was the boys it could explain them not knowing if she was dead, not the adults.

That is a very good point! I hadn't thought of that, I was thinking it might have been from KW telling her relatives what happened.

But you're absolutely right, that was all witness comments, not from KW. Oh those poor boys hearing that!

I was also wondering if EK got back from 'dumping' and KW asked if it was done, and maybe EK replied something like "yeah, threw her off a bridge into a creek. No one will find her there." And if the boys overheard that, then maybe that would explain why the searches seemed focused on bridges over creeks but they just didn't know which bridge over which creek.

If the dad overheard that on the speakerphone, I am totally understanding why he would release that report to the media. Those poor little boys! They were aware of the nature of the SA on their sister, they heard what was happening through those thin walls, and they must have been so frightened that someone would get rid of them next. Oh those poor things :-( And they feel like daddy abandoned them, too, and God knows what KW and EK told them about their dad not coming to get them. Oh those poor little things :-(

Who made the allegations and were they investigated is what I'd like to know. When a I see a headline that says Dad Blames the System, I'd like to know what exactly the system failed to do. Allegations do require evidence and is it that CPS ignored the evidence? Failed to return a call? Didn't bother to even investigate? It's all very vague.
We don't know who made the allegations. We only know that he had temporary custody of them for about a month while she was investigated. He claims she lied in order to get them back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drugs may be a part of it but IMO it really boils down to 2 selfish people who cared only about satisfying themselves with no concern whatsoever for anyone else's pain, suffering, wants or needs.

I agree. I think KW saw Mariah as an object to be dressed and posed versus seeing her as a real little person with her own feelings.
So many I and Me statements from KW when Mariah was missing. All about how she was feeling for the most part.
The 'my gift' comment really stood out. IMO

We don't know who made the allegations. We only know that he had temporary custody of them for about a month while she was investigated. He claims she lied in order to get them back.

Right. She lied about EK no longer living in the home. Usually after an initial visit, CPS workers will call or set up meeting times, instead of unannounced visits so she’d have been able to have EK elsewhere at the times of the visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a set of blueprints for single-wide mobile homes. http://1stchoicehomecenters.com/clayton-homes/clayton-yes-series/
Just trying to figure out how the layout might have been, to help with who may have heard/seen what. At least one of the boys was witness to what they allege EK did to Mariah. How did that happen? Did EK do that purposefully, as more power and control over the boys? Or was it accidental, as in the boys were spying on him and trying to find out what he was doing?
Poor boys. Just heartbreaking what they (and sadly other kids all over the world) suffered.

Thank you, georgiajean! This is very helpful -- not to mention, incredible!

Probably both. But she could had sold her body for drugs,and forgone having a man around. I think She's a narciccist, all about image. Look at me, I love my children so much, look at my boyfriend ain't he something.

Definitely....I read she would dye Mariah's hair blonde?

My impression was that Mariah has special needs, and her mother was practicing doing what the teacher was telling her to do. I have my own judgments of what I saw in the video, as a teacher, which I'll keep to myself since I can't verify them by looking at the video again.
I also wanted to examine the setting to see if it was in the home (which I think it was) or at a professional location. If it was in their home, i think it would have been the High Hill location, so I was curious to see what the background looked like (knowing it would have been cleaned up for the teacher's visit).

Of course she had special needs! She was living in hell and witnessing fighting and abuse as well as being abused. NO ONE picked up on any of this?????

If all of this took place while their divorce was pending, CPS isn't going to pay much attention to allegations without real proof. If it is true that that the dad's girlfriend didn't show up in court on the assault allegation, she must not have cared how that looked to CPS.

Wow. No in most states the parents are given the full reports. They are parties to the case so it would be a due process violation not to release the claims and allegations concerning their family, to them. I'm not sure how NJ gets around that.

I don't think this is about his anger. I think it's about his fear.

They can take their time. The kids are safe for now.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. The girlfriend of dad stated they suspected sexual abuse previously but no one would listen and the kids were returned to mom.

I have zero doubt that the way things went down is LE interviewed the kids and THEN called CPS due to what they stated. So CPS took emergency custody.

That is how most calls are when they come in. LE calls social services a lot and puts the minors in their protective custody until social services takes the reins.

I agree. I think KW saw Mariah as an object to be dressed and posed versus seeing her as a real little person with her own feelings.
So many I and Me statements from KW when Mariah was missing. All about how she was feeling for the most part.
The 'my gift' comment really stood out. IMO

I think she saw Mariah and her sons as $$$ for any and all welfare they could possibly reap + child support from their dad.

Does this mean that they sent this poor child to school with a wounded nose? On the day she was reported missing, do we know if the boys were sent to scool?

I wish someone from the school would have noticed and reported signs of abuse. Who knows, maybe they did at some point, but DSS couldn’t prove it.

that i don't know. but he was in possession of the kids for awhile and they were returned to mom.

Who made the allegations and were they investigated is what I'd like to know. When a I see a headline that says Dad Blames the System, I'd like to know what exactly the system failed to do. Allegations do require evidence and is it that CPS ignored the evidence? Failed to return a call? Didn't bother to even investigate? It's all very vague.

But was CPS notified by the dad and when? In a link posted up-thread, a neighbor reported the boyfriend broke out every window in the family's van with a ballbat in a fit of outrage. That's extreme rage. It doesn't say the neighbor called CPS about the violence and small kids were in the household.

I agree with you. I have seen this happen on numerous occasions. CPS drops the ball all the time. Doubt it's the social workers themselves; it's all the red tape they have to cut thru to remove a child. Coupled with the states preference for kids to be with their mother it's an uphill battle. They had ample warning. This could have been prevented.

I can only think they were in a different room but heard it all. Otherwise why no arrests for the killing? It wasn't clear who allegedly hit Mariah from that relayed information. Perhaps the boys only assumed she was hit.

This is just my opinion, but I think that either one or both of the brothers either witnessed or heard it all. My heart is breaking for these boys who should be looking forward to Christmas and not attending their sisters funeral.

CPS had previously taken the kids from the mother and placed them with the father. The mother went back to court and the “system” removed the kids and put them back with the mother. The mother refused to let the father see the children and he had no funds to go back to court.

I feel, in an entire year, he couldn't go to CPS or Court to plea for the right to see his children? He wouldn't need and attorney for that. What would be the cost in that?

I am concerned that there could have been a shared dependency with drugs and perhaps that is the reason she kept him around. She had no trouble leaving AW for EK, but when things got weird - she stayed. This doesn't make sense unless she was threatened or she did not want her supply cut off (if she was using).

JMO - she indulged illegal drugs right along with EK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some women (and men im sure) just cant be alone.

Probably both. But she could had sold her body for drugs,and forgone having a man around. I think She's a narciccist, all about image. Look at me, I love my children so much, look at my boyfriend ain't he something.

Definitely....I read she would dye Mariah's hair blonde?

I think someone said KW was dying her own hair blond, and then in the same post they said maybe that had something to do with why KW described Mariah's hair as brown despite it looking blond in many photos of her.

I don't think they said it was Mariah's hair being dyed.

This is just my opinion, but I think that either one or both of the brothers either witnessed or heard it all. My heart is breaking for these boys who should be looking forward to Christmas and not attending their sisters funeral.

It's like someone else said, for them Thanksgiving is going to be tainted for a long, long time. And it will affect Christmas too, wherever they are and whoever they're with, and however much anyone tries, they're going to be missing their baby sister so much and wishing that she was there with them.

I feel, in an entire year, he couldn't go to CPS or Court to plea for the right to see his children? He wouldn't need and attorney for that. What would be the cost in that?

I agree with you. I think they would have had a parenting plan under their divorce decree. Both parents are supposed to abide by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3