Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the link....great article and super recent. I 100% agree with your post. As for the "extremely costly" dig...putting a tragedy that has lingered for 25 years to bed would likely be worth it but I'm with you in the idea that there are connections protecting the killer. I'm surprised there hasn't been a "" account set-up for excavation funds and/or a petition to hand to the Springfield police as a fight for this dig. I know it may seem unrealistic and not get anywhere but when a single person can raise a quarter of a million for a homeless man's kind actions and $100k for an awesome woman who flicked off Trump, I think this may be an idea for us to consider who are heavily involved in the case. Thoughts anyone?

Thank you for the link....great article and super recent. I 100% agree with your post. As for the "extremely costly" dig...putting a tragedy that has lingered for 25 years to bed would likely be worth it but I'm with you in the idea that there are connections protecting the killer. I'm surprised there hasn't been a "" account set-up for excavation funds and/or a petition to hand to the Springfield police as a fight for this dig. I know it may seem unrealistic and not get anywhere but when a single person can raise a quarter of a million for a homeless man's kind actions and $100k for an awesome woman who flicked off Trump, I think this may be an idea for us to consider who are heavily involved in the case. Thoughts anyone?

It is greatly unfortunate that the garage story ever gained traction. It came from a so-called psychic who allegedly had received a vision from Stacy. It is groundless and could easily be debunked by an inexpensive coring costing less than $1,000 and a probe dropped to find if anything existed. I have even offered to pay the cost.

There is no need to tear up the garage.

While there may be be other unexplained and inexplicable actions or inactions about this case the garage is not one of them.

I do not expect that this “mystery” will go away, as it keeps reappearing, but seriously, there is nothing there. But it certainly has worked to the advantage of the perp or perps, however.

It is greatly unfortunate that the garage story ever gained traction. It came from a so-called psychic who allegedly had received a vision from Stacy. It is groundless and could easily be debunked by an inexpensive coring costing less than $1,000 and a probe dropped to find if anything existed. I have even offered to pay the cost.

There is no need to tear up the garage.

While there may be be other unexplained and inexplicable actions or inactions about this case the garage is not one of them.

I do not expect that this “mystery” will go away, as it keeps reappearing, but seriously, there is nothing there. But it certainly has worked to the advantage of the perp or perps, however.

Have to agree with you on all points concerning the garage dig. I hope SPD interviewed the fellow who had that 'dream' (they were buried under the parking garage) b/c as you say, it sure did help the perp(s).

The way I understand it, the garage was built over a year after the women disappeared. I've never built a parking lot but I assume bulldozers are involved, moving dirt etc. Plus, it would take someone who knew a parking lot was going to be built in that specific location a year from June 1992.

Was it public knowledge a year in advance?

Have to agree with you on all points concerning the garage dig. I hope SPD interviewed the fellow who had that 'dream' (they were buried under the parking garage) b/c as you say, it sure did help the perp(s).

The way I understand it, the garage was built over a year after the women disappeared. I've never built a parking lot but I assume bulldozers are involved, moving dirt etc. Plus, it would take someone who knew a parking lot was going to be built in that specific location a year from June 1992.

Was it public knowledge a year in advance?

I don’t have that information but I began to have serious doubts when he asked me to do a background check on the original ground penetrating “expert.” (Not the one in the video; but an earlier “expert”, who started the ball rolling.) ???

He claimed to have some 19 letters from Cox. Since I lived only 65 miles at the time I wanted to go and possibly arrange a face to face meeting. I was promised those letters so I could better understood how to question him. Those letters were never produced and that opportunity was lost since I moved away.

So much for this so-called psychic.

Is it just me or does this case have way way more than its fair share of psychic tips and leads? Perhaps the region has an enduring history of hillbilly folklore that makes people think they're hearing from the "dead"... No wonder the police don't want to bother with the Cox parking garage.

Is it just me or does this case have way way more than its fair share of psychic tips and leads? Perhaps the region has an enduring history of hillbilly folklore that makes people think they're hearing from the "dead"... No wonder the police don't want to bother with the Cox parking garage.
Yes & the Prophet still posts here. Other than that its the same 'ol 7 & 6. Nothing new has been generated by sitting in the computer chair.

The single most important problem with this case is that a systematic accurate timeline has never been published for the general public. Why not?

So much time has been wasted plowing the same ground to no avail.

The incompetence (IMO) of the top management is mind boggling.

For example why wasn’t the garage business immediately and directly addressed therefore debunking that from the beginning. A simple timeline would have proven it false.

Many hours, days and even weeks were wasted on something that was of no value. Why were the psychics given any credence? Why talk about some man behind a big desk who was wearing wing tipped shoes and all based on psychic and tarot card readers.

The police department has unnecessarily suffered an image problem that continues to the present day. That is a self inflicted wound that may never heal.

Many people, including myself are not ready to rule out police corruption. And I can discuss this from the outrageous threat made to me personally for reporting information I had seen with my own eyes or provided by solid sources.

Arbitrarily ruling out the grave robbers made no sense and it went downhill from there.

There were and are many good officers but there is a sense that there were several bad apples in the mix who adversely affected the department’s reputation.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]The person who claims to have had the vision of Stacy is back posting here under a new identity after being banned previously. He once compared himself to a Prophet once his vision is proven to be correct.[/FONT][/FONT]

Is it just me or does this case have way way more than its fair share of psychic tips and leads?
They let it dominate the case from jump street and it never recovered. That baloney is also what helped fuel all the serial killer stuff.

Instead of focusing on psychics and tarot cards, they should've listened to the FBI who told them they were likely murdered by someone they knew. They didn't listen.....and here we are.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]The person who claims to have had the vision of Stacy is back posting here under a new identity after being banned previously. He once compared himself to a Prophet once his vision is proven to be correct.[/FONT][/FONT]

No kidding? Recently? I hadn’t picked up on that.

Maybe he should be considered a suspect. No?

I found it very surprising that on the 1992 48 Hours episode one of the lead detectives was actually acting on information provided by so-called psychics ala "wing tip shoes". Why would LE allow such information the time of day much less encouraging more of it.

I found it very surprising that on the 1992 48 Hours episode one of the lead detectives was actually acting on information provided by so-called psychics ala "wing tip shoes". Why would LE allow such information the time of day much less encouraging more of it.

They shouldn't obviously. One might cynically conclude that there was police collusion as has been rumored. Even two SPD officers have said that a police officer could have gotten into the house.

The prosecutor was furious that what was shown should not have been released.

They let it dominate the case from jump street and it never recovered. That baloney is also what helped fuel all the serial killer stuff.

Instead of focusing on psychics and tarot cards, they should've listened to the FBI who told them they were likely murdered by someone they knew. They didn't listen.....and here we are.

This case does have the telltale signs of a personal connection; no forced entry or signs of a struggle. Plus Suzie was begging several of her friends before and after the graduation ceremony to spend the night with her. To me that would be a strong indication that she was scared and or worried about someone.

This case does have the telltale signs of a personal connection; no forced entry or signs of a struggle. Plus Suzie was begging several of her friends before and after the graduation ceremony to spend the night with her. To me that would be a strong indication that she was scared and or worried about someone.

Good comment! I have always had the same idea: that insistence on the part of the Streeter girl forebode anything good. Besides, it has to be also noted that many reports on that party night assert Suzie had a certain stomachache, a discomfort that could well have been related to that disturbance of unknown cause she exhibited.

I've heard way more discussions and debates over the Cox parking garage than the scenario of Suzie having an "upset stomach" and using it to try and drag someone back home with her on the very night she disappears. To me that's a very telling clue. Who in her social circle was she possibly frighted of? Think on this: who ever that person possibly could had been, they was able to be let into the house without breaking in or causing a panicked 911 call to the police while outside.

I think the steak house sighting is very important to this case.

Because Susie's mom was just paid a bunch of money for the dresser she had been working on. So Stacy and Susie arrive at the house after running around all night. They probably would have been hungry, and I think it sounds reasonable that Susie's mom may had offered to take them out for dinner.

While at the Steakhouse they are approached by the three men who in turn follow them to Susie's mom's house without them realizing it.

By the clues we have: it seems that Susie's mom was in her bedroom reading a book when she saw or heard a vehicle pulling in the driveway. She also peeped through the blinds in an effort to see who was out there.

Also, the porch light globe is significant, because it shows that some sort of slamming of the front door or a vibration coming through the wall caused it to fall from it's fixture.

While at the Steakhouse they are approached by the three men who in turn follow them to Susie's mom's house without them realizing it.

Fair enough, but consider the arrangement of the three cars, as discovered Saturday morning. It has been mentioned from those who were familiar with 1717 Delmar that Suzie would have parked behind her mom, unless another vehicle was already there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong