GUILTY FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #3 *Arrest*

This was after HED's arrest, but still it begs to question if the parents did recognize the killer as their son prior to his arrest.

2. Someone Who Attended High School With Donaldson Said ‘The Guy in the First Kill Moves EXACTLY Like Trai’

"A person named Paco Rodriguez wrote on Twitter after Donaldson’s arrest was announced saying, “[Donaldson] played basketball at my high school with my brother and I. The guy in the videos of the first kill moves exactly like Trai.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/howell-donaldson-seminole-heights-serial-killer-suspect/

Has anyone else read the State Attorney's motion for pretrial detention? I saw the document on social media, but haven't seen any MSM coverage yet. There's a detail in there that I find interesting, but I don't know the rules of the forum well enough to know what I can and can't talk about here.
I believe this detail is newly disclosed:
http://wfla.com/2017/12/05/seminole-heights-murder-suspect-howell-donaldson-to-remain-behind-bars/
[FONT=&amp]Updated: December 5, 2017, 11:24 am[/FONT]
The document also said that a surveillance camera recorded the murder of fourth victim Ronald Felton as he walked across Nebraska Avenue.

Do they still televise court cases in Florida? I remember the whole Casey Anthony trial was on t.v. and I could watch it on HLN from Canada.

the evidence clearly points to HD, and it's enough to convince me they've got the right guy. However, I still can't help feeling like there's an important piece of the puzzle missing. It's just strange that he would ask someone to hold onto a McDonald's bag that contained the murder weapon and then just leave it there with them (especially when a police officer was present). It would have made more sense if this had been his way of getting rid of the gun and had immediately fled the state or something. But, no. He came back for the gun. Then, he didn't hesitate to give LE consent to search his car, despite knowing that jacket/hoodie was in the trunk with blood on it. It's almost as if he wanted to be caught. But, if that's true, why wouldn't he just turn himself in?

Was he feeling remorseful? Did he have an accomplice and this was a way to turn himself in without seeming like a snitch or a coward? Could he be suffering from PTSD from an unknown traumatic event? Or was he beginning to exhibit signs of an evolving mental illness like schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder?

I truly believe that most serial killers are just pure evil, more often than not... but something is telling me there's more to it than that with this guy.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I'm totally NOT defending this guy. Regardless of the circumstances that led him to kill 4 innocent people, he still committed these heinous crimes and he should be held responsible for taking their lives.

Serial killers and other sociopathic killers often have narcissistic personality traits. They sometimes think they're smarter than everyone else and think they won't get caught. They enjoy challenges and risk. JMO. Considering the guy hasn't expressed any remorse thus far it seems unlikely he was feeling guilty and was trying to get caught.

http://wfla.com/2017/12/05/seminole-heights-murder-suspect-howell-donaldson-to-remain-behind-bars/
[FONT=&]Updated: December 5, 2017, 11:24 am[/FONT]
The document also said that a surveillance camera recorded the murder of fourth victim Ronald Felton as he walked across Nebraska Avenue.

Hey SeesSeas :wave:

Seminole Heights murder suspect Howell Donaldson to remain behind bars
By WFLA Web Staff

Dec 5 17, 11:24 am

Thank you for sharing this information. Ronald Felton's cold blooded murder being seen on camera, would that qualify as strong evidence for the prosecution?

"The parents of the accused Seminole Heights killer are refusing to answer prosecutors' questions despite a court subpoena. That decision could land them in jail."
Sarina Fazan, Ryan Smith, ABC Actionnews/WFTS
7:07 PM, Dec 5, 2017
2 hours ago

includes 2 vids, including images of the public defender speaking with the prosecution

"Number one, you don't know the quality of the evidence..." parent's lawyer says.

[FONT=&amp]Updated: December 5, 2017, 11:24 am[/FONT]

The fact that Anthony Naiboa (the third victim) was shot and killed in the driveway of Benjamin Mitchell's residence (the first victim) is news to me. I vaguely remember hearing that an aunt of one of the victims possibly knew HD or knew of him and/or his family. Does anyone remember who that victim was?

I know all four murders were contained to a fairly small area, but the fact that one victim was killed in the driveway of another victim feels more than coincidental. And, the prosecution pointing this fact out makes me wonder if there may be some connection between HD and Benjamin Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seminole Heights murder suspect’s parents ‘willing to go to jail,’ refuse to answer questions about son
News Channel 8 Reporter Melanie Michael
By Melanie Michael, WFLA

Dec 5 17, 11:08 pm

"Each of them was questioned separately, in different rooms. They gave the same answer to every inquiry.

“Each time the response that was elicited was, ‘I’m not going to answer that question,’” ...
says perp's lawyer

"Meanwhile, the victims’ families are also expected in court soon. According to Angelique Dupree, the aunt of Benjamin Mitchell, the families are scheduled to attend a meeting with the State Attorney at 1 p.m. on Wednesday to discuss their thoughts on the death penalty."

"By: Evan Axelbank, FOX 13 News

"The assets of law enforcement are a monster," said Fernandez. "The assets of a couple and their son are limited, regardless of what the person is charged with. To bring the family in and do that, when you have everything else at your disposal, to everyone, that seems like significant overkill.

perp's lawyer flails to enshrine new law, in this report. He also a number of times mentions the perp's parents needing help to stand up after this or that. Way out there, but is it possible in some way what he understands but can't come close to saying is, 'they don't have a leg to stand on'?

Just caught up on the latest and Tricia’s podcast (which was so good).

What a strange 24hr’s in this case[emoji848]

Excuse me if Ive missed something but am I correct in assuming they have not secured a particular defence lawyer? As the videos above state they are getting a lot of free offerings for the POI?

Feel terribly bad for the victims Mum who is hearing impaired who had to put up with the crazy fraud sign language, must have been distressing for her [emoji17]

The fact that Anthony Naiboa (the third victim) was shot and killed in the driveway of Benjamin Mitchell's residence (the first victim) is news to me. I vaguely remember hearing that an aunt of one of the victims possibly knew HD or knew of him and/or his family. Does anyone remember who that victim was?

I know all four murders were contained to a fairly small area, but the fact that one victim was killed in the driveway of another victim feels more than coincidental. And, the prosecution pointing this fact out makes me wonder if there may be some connection between HD and Benjamin Mitchell.

Rbbm. things that may, imo, possibly be tied to motive. speculation.
http://wfla.com/2017/11/29/benjamin...used-seminole-heights-killer-and-his-parents/
Benjamin Mitchell’s aunt knows accused Seminole Heights killer and his parents

The Seminole Heights suspect was just a kid when she knew him nearly a decade ago. Dupree became friends with his mom and dad, helping them start a new business – their first beauty school in Tampa. She spent months and months with them and their children, including their son.

Benjamin was a young man in college with an interest in music, business and a bright future ahead of him.
She does believe that the 15-year-old she once knew did not know that Benjamin was her nephew.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/seminole-heights-tampa-serial-killings.html
Benjamin Mitchell and Anthony Naiboa crossed paths as students a few years ago at Middleton High School in Tampa, Fla.
Benjamin Mitchell and his father, Ben Mitchell, both had their minds on the same date: Nov. 2. It was the day his father planned to pack up his belongings in Las Vegas and join him in Tampa.
At 14, Mr. Mitchell moved from Nevada to Florida to live with his aunt because Tampa had better schools, his father said in a phone interview on Thursday night. He graduated from Middleton High School in 2013 and was supposed to receive an associate degree in business next semester from Hillsborough Community College.

Inspired by his father’s love for hip-hop, Mr. Mitchell had started making rap music

Aunt of Seminole Heights murder victim says she knew suspect, suspect's family

Dupree met Howell Donaldson III and his family nearly 10 years ago while attending the Shear Excellence Hair Academy. Donaldson’s parents own the school...

Meanwhile, Donaldson's parents, Rosita and Howell Donaldson Jr., are set to be in court Thursday at 10 a.m. for a judge to weigh whether they have legal just cause for not answering certain questions posed to them by investigators.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2017/12/5/aunt_of_seminole_hei.html

too weird. I don't believe this is a coincidence. Perhaps he had issues with the victims. They might not be random victims after all.

I'm just bringing over a direct link to the Motion for Pretrial Detention.

The information I mentioned about Anthony Naiboa came from the paragraph below, which can be found at the bottom of Page 2 of the pretrial document.

"On October 19, 2017, at approximately 1957 hours, Anthony Naiboa, was shot and killed by a single fired round into his head. Naiboa was northbound, walking along the east side of the 5100 block of North 15th Street, when he was killed in the driveway of 5111 North 15th Street, which was the residence of Benjamin Mitchell. A single SIG brand Smith and Wesson .40 caliber fired cartridge casing was located at the scene."

ETA: the motion for pretrial detention link is being provided by wfla.com and the link can be found below this article: http://wfla.com/2017/12/05/seminole-heights-murder-suspect-howell-donaldson-to-remain-behind-bars/

This was after HED's arrest, but still it begs to question if the parents did recognize the killer as their son prior to his arrest.

2. Someone Who Attended High School With Donaldson Said ‘The Guy in the First Kill Moves EXACTLY Like Trai’

"A person named Paco Rodriguez wrote on Twitter after Donaldson’s arrest was announced saying, “[Donaldson] played basketball at my high school with my brother and I. The guy in the videos of the first kill moves exactly like Trai

http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/howell-donaldson-seminole-heights-serial-killer-suspect/

Hind site is 20/20. Did he recognize him as the killer before the arrest? If your not looking for it, you don't see it.

Serial killers and other sociopathic killers often have narcissistic personality traits. They sometimes think they're smarter than everyone else and think they won't get caught. They enjoy challenges and risk. JMO. Considering the guy hasn't expressed any remorse thus far it seems unlikely he was feeling guilty and was trying to get caught.

I would say he is a risk taker, continuing to murder in the same area that is swarmed with police.

Hind site is 20/20. Did he recognize him as the killer before the arrest? If your not looking for it, you don't see it.

Just speculating that this friend probably never looked at any of the CCTV footage until HED's arrest. On the other hand, you do have the McDonald's employees that did recognize the suspect as HED.

My question would be how sure would one have to be that the suspect was someone you knew as a friend or worked with to call in a tip? 50%, 80%, 90%. Can you imagine the tension in the workplace if he turned out not to be the serial killer?

Would the employee have given a tip the LEO if HED had not handed the gun off in a book bag to the manager? It's weird that he even did that with the gun.

Hi all, It's been a while since I've been on WS but this case has had me seething quietly and more and more so as things have progressed.I fear this is going to be a long and frustrating road for the victims' families, in large part because of this particular defendant and his "people". I think most people were or tried to be empathetic towards the killer's parents, and I was among them -- seem(ed) like decent enough people, professional family, involved in community, etc.

My empathy, however, is waning quickly. Their refusal to answer essential questions and address crucial issues is very telling on several levels. Their participation in the state's investigation would not necessarily incriminate their son -- especially if he is innocent of these horrendous crimes ... though at this point, who knows what they themselves even believe or know to be true. I understand wanting to protect one's child. They cannot shield their grown, adult child from his own actions and his own consequences and they will not get to withhold important information by hiding behind whatever pain or guilt they are feeling as a result of his actions.

I do hope that they will not make any more empty statements about feeling sad for the families of the four victims as they actively block the investigation that could shed light and truth onto their son's actions (whatever they may be - guilty or otherwise) and impede the justice process.

Investigators had many questions for the father of the suspect in the Seminole Heights killings.

They wanted to know about his son’s background, developmental history, mode of transportation, gun possession and state of mind.

But the father, Howell Donaldson Jr., refused to answer, defying an investigative subpoena, according to a court record released Wednesday.

He told them only the names, addresses and dates of birth of his wife and children, before declining subsequent inquiries.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...talk-to-investigators-judge-to-rule_163337832

[video=youtube;G-RdGqGNaV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RdGqGNaV8[/video]
WFLA News Channel 8
Dec 6, 2017

Mark Bergin, WTSP 10 News
2:00 pm Dec 6 17
court docs, etc... therein

"The parents do have immunity just like anyone would who has been given an investigative subpoena, so anything they say can't be used against them, which means that a judge will likely to compel them to answer questions that are relevant to the investigation," ...

"To be clear, no one's been asked to testify to anything," Warren said. "An investigative subpoena has them come and answer questions in a private environment as part of the investigation."...

[video=youtube;9KJxZQuXnl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJxZQuXnl4[/video]
Family members of Seminole Heights murder victims walk into State Attorney's office
WFLA News Channel 8
Dec 6 17

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken