Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its so much she had a bf around. I had my partner around my older ones. but he is not violent and he never even looked at my kids funny. this guy already had a history of abuse and previous accusations. what accusation was there about dads gf?

We aren't allowed to sleuth the girlfriend so her history is unknown. I was making a general point about mom not wanting kids around a girlfriend - just like dad not wanting kids around a boyfriend not specifically this situation. But in general people tend to have more issues with moms moving guys in to be around kids then if the dad does the same thing. I was trying to be clear by starting the post with I am not defending mom in anyway - but apparently i flubbed up big time in getting my point across.

Her Mom is dead? Isn't it the maternal grandma the children were placed with following Mariah's disappearance?

No. She's not dead. I'm not sure where this sudden misinformation is coming from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but you also wouldn't have allowed your child to be dropped into a creek and left to decompose all alone, in the cold dark water...

She should be embarrassed to show her face.

One would think that would be the case but maybe she needs to keep up the pretense.Plus she might get a chance to flash her choppers.
On a serious note I wonder if the two boys will go. I kind of hope not. IMO

I think people need to start dating out of the hollar

“"The respondent mother failed to protect the juveniles from discipline by Mr. Kimrey,” according to the report.

One of the boys officials that they’d seen alleged sexual abuse on Mariah by Kimrey and said Kristy Woods allegedly knew about the sexual abuse as well as Kimrey’s alleged use of marijuana, heroin, and methamphetamine, according to the report.

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

I was thinking about this last night as I fell asleep. Did any of those documents say or allege that there was any SA the night that Mariah went missing?

I can't imagine EK doing that with KW in earshot? I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would have thought it more likely that a mother leaves her kids alone with her male partner and that would be when SA would happen, and then maybe a child that's old enough would try to tell the mom and some moms just refuse to listen and go into denial mode, sometimes even blaming the child that reports it.

From what I recall of the first NG interview with the bio dad, Mariah either wasn't sleeping after being put to bed or woke up crying and then EK (or KW or both) hit Mariah. There was no mention that I recall of SA happening at that point in time.

I think the reason people are critical of mom moving her boyfriend in is that he seemed to be a low life, criminal, lazy type of guy with a bad temper.

Did the bio-dad have a violent temper, no job and a criminal history? I am not sure.

Sigh I give up lol

Dad could not do that since she had primary custody. Schools would have on record who has custody unless KW never gave them the copy of the decree. I do not know how they keep the student records in that district. Our school district has it listed it on the student computer file who has custody and who can not contact the kids

They had joint custody, meaning they both had equal power over the children. She had *residential* custody, meaning they resided with her the majority of the time, but he would still have every right to pick them up at school.

they actually have my partner's custody time worked out that way to minimize contact. however I did see the CO in the woods case and I believe it was Friday at 6 pm to sunday at 830 am or something. she could call the cops if he picked them up before 6.

Right, but my point is, if the cops wouldn't help Dad, then they wouldn't help Mom, either, right?

Idk. She was the custodial parent. Would she have listed Dad as a contact, or person listed on the pick-up list? I doubt it.

She had residential custody, not sole custody, so he still had a say in everything involving the kids.

Here's what I don't understand.

Mom is keeping kids from seeing dad. Dad supposedly has no way to enforce his visitation.

So, if he just went and picked the kids up from their school and took them to his house for his visiting time, what could mom do about it? Nothing, right?

That's what he should have done.

He said he worked Friday nights and since she would not allow HC to pick them up, he couldn't get them until Saturday.

They had joint custody, meaning they both had equal power over the children. She had *residential* custody, meaning they resided with her the majority of the time, but he would still have every right to pick them up at school.

Not necessarily. I had residential custody of my kids and my ex had to be specifically listed on school forms in order to have the kids released to him.

He said he worked Friday nights and since she would not allow HC to pick them up, he couldn't get them until Saturday.

Everyone is missing my point.

I'm saying if he could have gotten the kids, any way possible, that he would have been able to keep them as long as he wanted *IF* it is true that law enforcement would not have enforced the custody and visitation order, which AW says they would not do.

Right, but my point is, if the cops wouldn't help Dad, then they wouldn't help Mom, either, right?

In 2008, I went to pick up my kids at my estranged husband's at the time agreed upon by the court. They weren't there. He wouldn't tell me where they were, just literally laughed at how concerned and frustrated I was. I went home and called the cops, who told me it was a "civil matter" so they could do nothing. I immediately called my divorce attorney, who got ahold of my estranged husband's attorney, and told him he needed to get his "client" in line with the court order and return the kids to me immediately. Yet, it wasn't until a full 3 hours later the kids showed up on my doorstep, dropped off by his cousin, who refused to tell me where they had been.

At least in AZ, the cops hands were tied...

that could have been at mom's behest. or kid could have been influenced by mom.

one time my 9 year old step son drew a pic of his family as homework on a Tuesday night and wed dad picks him up from school. it was dad, mom, his siblings from mom's house and my 4 year old, with my 4 year old crossed out. now, I didn't care me and my older sons weren't on it. but I know he didn't choose to cross out his baby brother. I know she told him to. and my relationship with this child is great.

I think that too could be possible. My ex tried the same with me, and then, to my new spouse, To top if off, my ex knew the ramifications b/c my ex's mother, did the exact same thing (only much, much, worse, and even to the point of withholding visits and falsifying records.).

Then again, the one kid may just not have liked her for their own reason.

But doesn't it have to be ruled as one cause? i.e. homicide, suicide, accident, natural causes, etc.?

I know when my late husband's brother died of a drug overdose, family questioned why he had bruises on his back and some other suspicious findings. But it was listed on the death certificate (or was it something else) that it was inconclusive. So I guess it was an overdose that couldn't be proven to be by accident, homicide, suicide (intentional), or of course natural causes.

I don't know what I'm asking. Just a little confused and thinking out loud here.

Natural or suicide I am sure we can ignore at this point but accident is usually when the victim caused or precipitated the event but homicide simply means at the hands of another. A death where the accident was caused or precipitated buy another would still be listed as homicide. An example would be if a person tripped and fell into another person causing them to fall into traffic where they were struck by a vehicle and died. That MOD would be homicide but no murder occurred. So it makes it difficult to charge someone with murder if the autopsy can not conclusively determine murder.

Remains found in Pender County positively identified as Mariah Woods

Remains found Saturday in Pender County have been positively identified as 3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods, according to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office.

snip

Since the discovery of her body in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway, a memorial of stuffed animals, balloons, cards and signs has been forming near Mariah's home.

The teddy bears at the memorial will go to Mariah's two brothers, while all toys that remain will be donated to children in the Department of Social Services and to first responders.

snip

Mariah weighed heavy on the minds of so many in the community, including Shannon Graves and her 4-year-old son, Gavin. 1

"I would hope that someone would care like that for my child if something like that was to ever happen. I can't imagine the pain the family must feel," Graves said.

"I'm hurt. Everybody is hurt around here. I called the aunt (Monday), and they were in tears. Grandma is crying," said resident Corey Humphrey.

http://www.wral.com/remains-found-in-pender-county-positively-identified-as-mariah-woods/17166248/

Remains found in Pender County positively identified as Mariah Woods

Remains found Saturday in Pender County have been positively identified as 3-year-old Mariah Kay Woods, according to the Onslow County Sheriff's Office.

snip

Since the discovery of her body in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway, a memorial of stuffed animals, balloons, cards and signs has been forming near Mariah's home.

The teddy bears at the memorial will go to Mariah's two brothers, while all toys that remain will be donated to children in the Department of Social Services and to first responders.

snip

Mariah weighed heavy on the minds of so many in the community, including Shannon Graves and her 4-year-old son, Gavin. 1

"I would hope that someone would care like that for my child if something like that was to ever happen. I can't imagine the pain the family must feel," Graves said.

"I'm hurt. Everybody is hurt around here. I called the aunt (Monday), and they were in tears. Grandma is crying," said resident Corey Humphrey.

http://www.wral.com/remains-found-in-pender-county-positively-identified-as-mariah-woods/17166248/

Interesting, but KW's full name is not stated in the article. She is referred to as "Mariah's mother;" both EK's and AW's full names are used in the same article.

Dad could not do that since she had primary custody. Schools would have on record who has custody unless KW never gave them the copy of the decree. I do not know how they keep the student records in that district. Our school district has it listed it on the student computer file who has custody and who can not contact the kids

I think he probably could do that if he came early. Having "primary custody" doesn't preclude the other parent from picking up the kids from school unless the orders specifically state the other parent has sole legal custody and the parent has no right to pick up the kids.

But she could easily show up at school and pick up the kids and refuse to let him take them.

More important, he wouldn't have had Mariah.

And from the Raleigh, NC, News & Observer:

Remains found in Pender County creek ID’d as missing NC 3-year-old Mariah Woods
By Abbie Bennett And Camila Molina
abennett@newsobserver.com
December 06, 2017 04:26 PM

JACKSONVILLE

The Onslow County Sheriff and District Attorney’s offices announced on Wednesday that remains found in Pender County on Saturday are those of missing 3-year-old Jacksonville girl Mariah Kay Woods.
So far, no one has been charged with killing Mariah as of Wednesday afternoon.
Mariah was presumed dead based on evidence gathered throughout the weeklong investigation into her disappearance, according to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office. In a news conference on Saturday, FBI officials called the search for Mariah “a homicide investigation.”
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article188403774.html#emlnl=Breaking_Newsletter

You do not want to see a picture of my dining room table right now. It's bad. I'm not careless, either.

My office. My car. Such a mess right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998