Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Mom show up to the visitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping your own notes is the best way to handle this.

Sometimes cases will have a media thread, but this case doesn't have one.

I should have a media thread for Mariah later tonight or in the morning. My apologies for not getting one started sooner.

Dear lord, one would certainly hope not. If she does somehow then I guess we can all assume there are no charges pressed against her? That or they better get some on paper before that hearing.

I think the reason people are critical of mom moving her boyfriend in is that he seemed to be a low life, criminal, lazy type of guy with a bad temper.

Did the bio-dad have a violent temper, no job and a criminal history? I am not sure.

I think we all shake our heads when strangers or ppl we know make choices that we do not agree with. It was her life to choose and unfortunately she chose the wrong guy.

I'm trying to organize a time line for all the events surrounding Mariah's life, disppearence, and death.

This is what I've got so far as it is a work in progress and I need to revisit a lot of sites for accurate info. If anyone would like to add to it or correct it, feel free.

Mariah Kay Woods Case

Full Time Line of Events (as far as I know)

April 2, 2016, the note “Kimrey and Woods” crossed over with a white-out pen where the address should be listed, for assault in which “juvenile” is listed as the victim and states the juvenile suffered minor injuries.

May 2016 KWH charged with misdemeanor simple assault (Victim being HC who alleges her ankle was broken)

June 2016
Last time AW & HC saw the 3 Wood's children (including Mariah)

July 2016
Charges against KWH dropped (HC did not show up to court)

November 26, 2017
11 pm last alleged siting of Mariah

November 27 2017
911 call to report Mariah's disappearance was placed. Records indicate that Kimrey placed this particular call.

December 2 2017
Mariah's body was found apox 25 miles from her home in neighboring Pender's County

Sources:
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

So it WAS EK that places the 911 call. That changes things a little, imo.

Dear lord, one would certainly hope not. If she does somehow then I guess we can all assume there are no charges pressed against her? That or they better get some on paper before that hearing.

I believe I read there would be a private visitation for KW and her family, a private visitation for AW and his family, and a public visitation.
IMO LE will allow her to attend the funeral before they charge her with anything.

They had joint custody, meaning they both had equal power over the children. She had *residential* custody, meaning they resided with her the majority of the time, but he would still have every right to pick them up at school.

Do we have a link or verified info for that?

IIRC, it was in MSM that KW called. Can anyone confirm? Confusion may be coming from EK's arrest record showing he was involved in reporting Mariah as a missing persons.

So it WAS EK that places the 911 call. That changes things a little, imo.

I believe I read there would be a private visitation for KW and her family, a private visitation for AW and his family, and a public visitation.
IMO LE will allow her to attend the funeral before they charge her with anything.

Hmm...I have this thought that KW fought to have her visitation first. Nice she allowed AW and his family to finally have a visit.
Shame such a division even at a funeral for the child but I get that it's for the best.
I wonder if the boys will go and if so with which family. IMO

I keep reading (on sm) a "public viewing" - it's not that, it's a public visitation.

Yea. I kinda had that thought too. Wonder what will be running through her head. Maybe deep remorse and she will tell all. One can always hope. Just wish I could be inside her mind. How. Just how could she stand by and watch her kids be battered and abused. She either stays high on drugs all the time or is a psychopath. She can't possibly think she is home free with this and that can't really be a possibility anyway, can it?? She HAS to be convicted of child neglect at the very least. I'm not going to rest till o know she's being held responsible.

IIRC, it was in MSM that KW called. Can anyone confirm? Confusion may be coming from EK's arrest record showing he was involved in reporting Mariah as a missing persons.

What is IIRC?

There was a pic floating around showing the oldest brother outside the door of the funeral home earlier tonight. Broke my heart. I'm sure the local news will show a video sometime tonight. MOO

Hmm...I have this thought that KW fought to have her visitation first. Nice she allowed AW and his family to finally have a visit.
Shame such a division even at a funeral for the child but I get that it's for the best.
I wonder if the boys will go and if so with which family. IMO

Yes, but you also wouldn't have allowed your child to be dropped into a creek and left to decompose all alone, in the cold dark water...

She should be embarrassed to show her face.
I'm behind. Has the mother been charged?

My office. My car. Such a mess right now.

Is this and the quotes post in reply to the person who commented on the disheveled state of the Woods home? I had a similar thought. I'm a srsly disorganized and messy person generally. However that doesn't make me a bad or careless parent. Have to b careful judging situations by appearances alone(I mean from the disorganized household perspective).

This was posted to the one of the earlier threads
attachment.php

and

Once they realized Mariah was missing, Woods and her live-in boyfriend called authorities
http://wnct.com/2017/11/27/sheriff-search-underway-for-missing-3-year-old-girl-in-jacksonville/

Attachments

• Kimey.jpg
    Kimey.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,023
There was a pic floating around showing the oldest brother outside the door of the funeral home earlier tonight. Broke my heart. I'm sure the local news will show a video sometime tonight. MOO

Those poor kids. They probably don't know which way to turn with the loss and fighting families and the media attention. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288