Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it possible that Mariah was already toilet trained or is 3yo too young? I can't quite remember, been a long time since I've had any little ones around.

Every child is different.
I was potty trained by 3.
My cousin was around 3 as well when she was potty trained.

I have to believe that LE is keeping close tabs on her and something will happen after the funeral. She's obviously involved in the coverup (at the very least) and there is no excuse for what she allowed to happen to those children. Quite honestly, I find myself hoping that the COD and any other findings from the autopsy are delayed a few days and she is behind bars. My brain is still trying to process everything we DO know and I fear it is so much worse. MOO

Yea. I kinda had that thought too. Wonder what will be running through her head. Maybe deep remorse and she will tell all. One can always hope. Just wish I could be inside her mind. How. Just how could she stand by and watch her kids be battered and abused. She either stays high on drugs all the time or is a psychopath. She can't possibly think she is home free with this and that can't really be a possibility anyway, can it?? She HAS to be convicted of child neglect at the very least. I'm not going to rest till o know she's being held responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed on FB old pics maybe before the baby was born and she was a good 60 lbs heavier. Guessing she indulged in the same substance abuse as did O Earl. Now she has shed that weight and bleached her hair blonde. It should have been apparent to all her family exactly what was going on. ( meaning the weight, drugs etc)

Yes, that's right, she dyed her hair blonde and told LE that Mariah]s hair was brown. This is a sign of jealousy between the mother towards the daughter. IMO, I'm thinking that she thought of Mariah as competition for her affections toward Earl.

You might me onto something here. IMO

That's a really interesting speculation. This is just something else I'm gonna throw out there: what if Earl isn't the abuser, what if it's KW. I can see the boys blaming EK to explain injuries out of either loyalty or fear of their mother. I don't know if this still holds true but I remember reading in a Psych class from college that abused children will cozy up to their abuser in an attempt to gain their affection so they won't be abused any more and that, sometimes, an abused child will accuse someone they trust of abuse, even if that person never abused them. As I recall, it had something to do with feeling more secure with the non-abuser.

Just a thought.

no you said it fine I prob didn't read the whole thing.

it seems like its never completely fair. mom gets custody much easier than dad but dad is less scrutinized in his choices of women. its just a mess. divorce is a mess :(

We aren't allowed to sleuth the girlfriend so her history is unknown. I was making a general point about mom not wanting kids around a girlfriend - just like dad not wanting kids around a boyfriend not specifically this situation. But in general people tend to have more issues with moms moving guys in to be around kids then if the dad does the same thing. I was trying to be clear by starting the post with I am not defending mom in anyway - but apparently i flubbed up big time in getting my point across.

I had mistakenly thought that custody would be decided at Friday's hearing. Not so, according to this article.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

"Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning.
At the hearing, if the court determines that the allegations of abuse are true then there will be another hearing to consider the needs of the children in order to determine the best course."

I don't see the court finding that no abuse occurred.

It notes him as a reporting party, and this one references KW as a reporting party. So did they both call it in? One person had to be doing the talking?? Another link says the media requested the 911 records made by Mariah's family. I personally wouldn't call him family and trying very hard to refrain from typing what my brain is calling him. MOO

The girl's mother reported her missing the next morning.
http://myfox8.com/2017/11/29/hundreds-searching-for-missing-nc-3-year-old-mariah-woods/

On Thursday, the newspaper made a request to the Onslow County Emergency Operations Center for audio files of the 911 call made by Mariah Woods’ family on Nov. 27, the day the child was reported missing. That request was denied through Onslow County spokesman Chad Ray, citing orders from the authorities conducting the ongoing investigation and the Fourth Prosecutorial District Attorney’s Office.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171201/daily-news-request-for-911-audio-and-callout-logs-denied

This was posted to the one of the earlier threads
attachment.php

and

Once they realized Mariah was missing, Woods and her live-in boyfriend called authorities
http://wnct.com/2017/11/27/sheriff-search-underway-for-missing-3-year-old-girl-in-jacksonville/

sometimes things are not followed equally. he probably didn't want to look like the bad guy when she inevitably dragged him to court.

one time mom with held over here and dad called the cops (they will show up and enforce here) and when they were in court it was he that was given the side eye and not her despite with holding.

Everyone is missing my point.

I'm saying if he could have gotten the kids, any way possible, that he would have been able to keep them as long as he wanted *IF* it is true that law enforcement would not have enforced the custody and visitation order, which AW says they would not do.

We don't know. I did read that one of the children drew her picture in a negative light. I can't lay my fingers on the article right now, but will try and find.

Jmo, here but the child who drew the picture of the girlfriend of the father in a negative light could be based upon the violence perpetrated between the mother and the girlfriend and whatever the mother portrayed to the children.

It notes him as a reporting party, and this one references KW as a reporting party. So did they both call it in? One person had to be doing the talking?? Another link says the media requested the 911 records made by Mariah's family. I personally wouldn't call him family and trying very hard to refrain from typing what my brain is calling him. MOO

http://myfox8.com/2017/11/29/hundreds-searching-for-missing-nc-3-year-old-mariah-woods/

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171201/daily-news-request-for-911-audio-and-callout-logs-denied

It's really hard to imagine that both of these people, the mother and the boyfriend called 911 at the same time. Very strange to me.

Hmm...I have this thought that KW fought to have her visitation first. Nice she allowed AW and his family to finally have a visit.
Shame such a division even at a funeral for the child but I get that it's for the best.
I wonder if the boys will go and if so with which family. IMO

You might be right and her visitation is/was first. And I believe the boys will be with her Mom, but I wonder if they would even be allowed around her? It is all so heartbreaking.

You might be right and her visitation is/was first. And I believe the boys will be with her Mom, but I wonder if they would even be allowed around her? It is all so heartbreaking.

I really don't know who is going first. I guess I was being sarcastic as I get the impression that it was all about KW having total control regarding the children.
Even the obit had her name first. IMO

I had mistakenly thought that custody would be decided at Friday's hearing. Not so, according to this article.

[/SIZE]

I don't see the court finding that no abuse occurred.

I realize that there is a process, but in cases like this it just seems to add insult to injury. These children need a stable environment :tantrum:

Updated article

Crowd gathers to say ‘goodbye’ to Mariah Woods

A cold, windy, persistent drizzle failed to deter mourners from saying “goodbye” to Mariah Kay Woods.

Even before the planned 4 p.m. start of Wednesday’s two-hour public visitation, people began arriving to the Jones Funeral Home on Chaney Avenue. They arrived alone, as couples or entire families many with somber expressions on their faces. Most exited the home sobbing or crying, walking hastily back to their parked vehicles.

Sanae Hensey arrived early. Upon her exit, she wept holding an umbrella in one hand and a tissue in the other. Beating her softly on her chest, she said, “There was too much emotion in there. It is unspeakable.”

Mariah’s father, Alex Woods, arrived at 4:10 p.m. surrounded by a small entourage of family and close friends entering the funeral home without comment.

Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller entered the building at 4 p.m. where he remained until 4:35 p.m.

“We’re grieving with Mariah’s family. We in the community and in law enforcement consider her to be one of our own. She is no longer with us but we all still love her,” Miller said.

Miller remained near the entrance to the home where several mourners expressed their thanks to his personnel for trying to find Mariah.

A tearful Angela Swift clutched Miller’s hand and thanked him for his effort in the search.

“I thanked him for all the work he and his department did in trying to find Mariah,” Swift said.

Richlands resident Bonnie Roman, who aided in the search for the missing 3-year-old last week, arranged for the flowers displayed on and along Mariah’s small, white closed casket.

“On Monday, I contacted Blooms and Blessings in Richlands and Cornerstone Florists in Beulaville,” Roman said. “We arranged everything (Tuesday) and they provided the flowers at no cost.”

Rebecca Crooks, who also helped in several searches for young Mariah, said the visitation ran the gamut of emotions.

“It’s bittersweet,” Crooks said. “There’s a lot of sadness but because she’s not hurting anymore, I feel she’s safe.”

Crooks said Mariah’s viewing room had “so many flowers, lots of flowers with lots of unicorns.”

As well-wishers, friends and strangers who until last week did not know the little girl who lived on Dawson Cabin Road but developed a fondness for the innocent soul over the last nine days, continued to arrive to pay their respects, Ashley Kaldens exited with her two small boys and her friend, Kiara Warrington.

Kaldens, like many other parents in the community, were confronted daily by their inquisitive children on the status of the missing girl.

“They both wanted to help in the search. Each day they would ask, ‘mommy, mommy did they find her?’” Kaldens said. “It’s sad. I just pray for her little brothers. They need someone to keep them happy and to always remember their sister.”

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171206/crowd-gathers-to-say-goodbye-to-mariah-woods

So many things to say...first, my thanks button isn’t thanking correctly- so thank you to all of you for your dedication and insight. Libby and Abby brought me here and I never thought there could be a worse case. This is horrendous. These people. These families. The poor kids. Rocket, are you here? I am still trying to figure out where the heck mom is?!? I just really hope we see more charges soon. I am getting nervous. It’s all so convoluted. As always JMO

Given how jealous she appeared to be of AW's partner, (allegedly trying to run her over, refusing to let her children stay with their dad past year), she must have been seething about EK being at Thanksgiving with his ex. and his baby. Did she do something to grab attention? Did she do something out of anger about not having control over EK? I think jealousy is written all over her.

Bravo, I think you nailed it.

Everything I can recall in MSM listed KW as reporting her missing, so I'm inclined to believe she was the one who made the 911 call. It would've been really odd for EK to call it in (IMO). Also from the link below, a quote from a former roommate of EK's I hadn't seen before.

Mariah was reported missing by her mother, Kristy Woods, on Nov. 27.

ABC11 has learned that Kimrey dropped out of Orange High School and has a criminal past that includes serving time for theft and assault.

In an exclusive interview, his former classmate and roommate of three years told ABC11 that Kimrey was troubled.

"He started breaking into places. He started using drugs. He just, really got out of control. My heart just dropped to my feet-like 'oh my God. He's finally done it. He has finally went too far,'" said April Rhew, who said she lived with Kimrey and his ex-girlfriend between 2003 and 2006.
http://abc7chicago.com/body-found-in-nc-positively-idd-as-missing-3-year-old-girl/2748318/

It's really hard to imagine that both of these people, the mother and the boyfriend called 911 at the same time. Very strange to me.

I really don't know who is going first. I guess I was being sarcastic as I get the impression that it was all about KW having total control regarding the children.
Even the obit had her name first. IMO

And in reality until or if she is charged she will stay in control.

Or maybe they had one of those households where children were allowed to run around in their underwear vs pj's/play clothes. I say this b/c I have a family member I regularly reported on social media for posting pics of their two young girls only in panties. I realize money for "play clothes/laundry" was likely an issue, but family had sent them clothing and numerous members had discussed the dangers of posting pics like that. *Sigh* The children now live with a grandparent- very happily.

You do realize that Mariah was found fully clothed, right?

that's what it boiled down to for us. dad pretty much had to repeatedly pound it into her head that she no longer ran the show and to stop interfering.

And in reality until or if she is charged she will stay in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member