Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the oldest child overheard EK saying where he put her after the fact, or where he would take her before the fact.

Because part of what was relayed by AW and HC was 'they' (someone) did not know if she was dead. I don't see KW or EK saying that. That would be agreement to commit murder by drowning or even if she wasn't to be put in the water, being left to die from injuries without medical attention.
Yes and I wonder why he got punched, and if he either was trying to protect Mariah or yelled at / confronted either EK or KW about what happened to her.

Still can't shake off that this happened earlier. The whole evening timeline with all its inconsistencies is troublesome.

I'm wondering how many people are going to end up facing charges. How did the father/grandfather know where the body was? He was telling his friend, on the phone, where the baby's body was??? And the friend was with Mariah's dad, and the phone was on speaker?
BBM
Not as many as should.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's unusual for someone who has their posts set to 'public' to switch between public and 'friends only' settings. If it's going to happen it is usually a one-time only switch as they realize that their posts have formerly been seen by anyone and everyone and then they get a bit more FB savvy and learn how to make the change. But I think it's very rare to make some posts public and some posts private during the space of a day or a week or a month.

I have seen that happen sometimes in the past when FB mobile had a different setting from the computer FB, and they switched between devices, but I think the setting might now be inherited between devices rather than device-dependent?

I go back and forth from public to friends only and between specific groups of friends (family, acquaintances, local mom friends, etc.) to be able to see my FB posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read a post way earlier up that i so agree with. I think KW will face charges. I think her big mistake was not informing the bio Dad nor telling the police to inform him. That is very telling to me.

There are federal programs available for children with physical and mental special needs. IF Mariah had an IEP for her physical and/or developmental needs, she would have been eligible, through her public school, for physical therapy and/or special education services. Those services would have been provided in her home, unless the school district was large enough or had enough need for a special needs preschool.

There was a video on KW's facebook, before it was closed, of KW working with Mariah on her reading. The caption said they were reading for Mariah's teacher, and Kristy was practicing the things the teacher wanted them to do. I wish we could have access to that video, knowing what we know now. It was from this spring/beg. of summer, I think. At the time, I was watching it to learn more about Mariah's legs, and I was noticing that Mariah seemed uncoordinated in her arms and head movements, too. Otherwise she seemed like a typical toddler, and was not interested in her mom running the show. She had her own ideas about what to do. I liked seeing that spirit at the time, and was concerned with how disconnected KW seemed from Mariah. still crossing my fingers someone saved that video....

Unless it has changed in the last few years, the public schools
In NC don’t provide services until the age of 3. There used to be early intervention services provided to kids younger than 3, but many of those services have been cut from the state budget in the last 10 years or so.

Triads are about Asian organised crime. I am not sure that they have anything to do with this case.

I’m highly amused by all the Triad answers here. Lol

In NC, the Triad is the geographical area between Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem. Not to be confused with the Triangle, which is Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.

I read a post way earlier up that i so agree with. I think KW will face charges. I think her big mistake was not informing the bio Dad nor telling the police to inform him. That is very telling to me.

O/T:

DAH! spiderlady, your avatar both intrigues and scares me lol.

Can anyone give me advice on how to find KW's fb page? I have been looking for days with no luck ...

I think this scenario is very possible. The FBI sent all those items off for rapid turn around too. I remember some folks mentioning on here that he looked as if he was scared and crying, or was coming off a high, I think you're right, Earl cracked. He's not even spoke to a reporter to proclaim his innocence and I'd not have been surprised to see that in a case like this.

It's also possible that they can't get anything out of him, and they are waiting on COD to determine charges. I'm leaning toward the former though.

At this point I think he’s keeping quiet. He has a lawyer who is prob waiting for evidence to make a decision if they’ll cooperate further or not. I think everything hinges on COD and the evidence that was sent out.

How did KH's father know where to look for this poor precious angel? He was heard saying "they are never gonna find her here but need to look in the creek where they found her....someone knew long before they found her.Law enforcement said" I know what happenedl" not I think I know but I know..wonder how he is so positive?
Were the boys with the grandmother by then? If so, I assume they told the grandparents. I also assumed the grandfather had already told LE this when he told his friend, but that it was news to Alex.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have no idea who actually committed the action that ended in Mariah's death...but I could see the ten-year old telling LE what happened more easily than either of the adults if he knows for sure who did it. It does bother me that EW is only charged with concealment still, even days after autopy results. I am wondering if toxicology results are key, since they mentioned it and if so, how that will affects the timeline of more charges. Also, hoping they are were able to determine actual cause of death without tox, as it would be difficult to prove that any drugs found were given intentionally.

I guess I am stuck on how it can be proved who did whatever the act was that resulted in Mariah's death.

Someone may have answered already. The Triad is the Piedmont Triad, a geographic area in NC.

The way it was worded on the MSM video was he had a criminal history and "deep ties to the Triad", insinuates it could be a criminal triad. Which might not be a stretch if he was involved with heroin & meth and whatever other drugs he might have been into. Perhaps he was dealing? I guess the msm could of elaborated on that a bit so there was no confusion IMO.
It really could mean either or all things considered?
http://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-ties-to-triad-criminal-history/85-496668910

I don't think Triad is referring to a geographical location. When I first saw this article last week it had some extra text in the main body of the article about his links to it that appears to have been removed now. It's only been left in the heading.

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...-had-ties-to-triad-criminal-history/496593118

Triad is Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point (that is where I live). As the other poster said...Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill. Triad also includes Alamance County which is where EK has ties and a previous crimial history.

Triad is Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point (that is where I live). As the other poster said...Triangle is Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill. Triad also includes Alamance County which is where EK has ties and a previous crimial history.
The article didn't allude to it being a link to an area. I think that area being called the Triad is just coincidental. IMO.

I agree, I think the initial water search was in response to something the boys may have overheard, but they didn't know where and LE may have been working areas closest to the home. The "Maple Hill" reference may have been something they recalled later hearing or a spot frequented by EK that was known to family. I have no reason to believe KW's dad deliberately withheld this information from LE once he discovered it. But given that the sheriff had a lengthy conversation with the family member the day of EK's arrest, I think she is the one who led them to finding Mariah (though she may have only ratted EK out and LE got the specific location from EK once he was behind bars. MOO

My guess is the oldest child overheard EK saying where he put her after the fact, or where he would take her before the fact.

Because part of what was relayed by AW and HC was 'they' (someone) did not know if she was dead. I don't see KW or EK saying that. That would be agreement to commit murder by drowning or even if she wasn't to be put in the water, being left to die from injuries without medical attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998