Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the basis for your opinion? (I really hate cryptic inferences to secret knowledge, on here).

My basis of my opinion is with the outpouring of support in this case , the bio father is being helped. JMO

ROFL! OMG! That smile on the teddy bear. That photo is too much.

soanyway

Searching the local news FB for any updates on the custody hearing but can't find anything But I did come across this completely off topic post and wanted to share in case anyone else is needing a little bit of a diversion today. (Note the handcuffs on the poor teddy bear).

Man, teddy bear in custody after traffic stop reveals 4 pounds of pot, sheriff says
http://wjla.com/news/offbeat/man-ted...t-sheriffs-say

My basis of my opinion is with the outpouring of support in this case , the bio father is being helped. JMO
Last I looked, the had raised less than $400, so I don't see an outpouring in terms of money here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He can initially have a court-appointed attorney.
53a81cbe30d626a99c8d1b40bd44e54f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should have been an update somewhere in MSM if the court hearing was this morning, but I cannot find anything anywhere...
Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning.
http://bit.ly/2B3nsqy

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Last I looked, the had raised less than $400, so I don't see an outpouring in terms of money here.

I was leaning towards a private donation...JMO

That statement stuck in my craw too. Firstly, because she didn't walk well. I'd expect a plea to neighbors to check their outbuildings.
Something along the lines of: Please everyone look anywhere. She didn't walk well, she couldn't have gotten far!

Secondly, after googling for other opinions, but before the searches started by the bridges, I ran across some statement analysis that I understand may or may not be allowed to be speculated upon here. But, it mentioned in passing that the phrase "she could be anywhere" could point to Mariah being placed in water. I tried to look into that connection further but saw that it may be "inadmissible" here and sort of gave up.

Not sure of my point. Curious if there is an analysis certified expert or something that can weigh in? Just agreeing that "she could be anywhere" sure did stick out. Along with (paraphrasing) to be able to *touch* and hold her and not let her go *again*.

I am fascinated by this topic of statement analysis, but I don't know a lot about it.

I've not heard about 'anywhere' maybe meaning water. What I would flag that phrase for is that she might actually know where Mariah is and be trying to convince the listener that "she might be anywhere!"

So many caveats need to be used when trying to do this statement analysis, always in context and only ever as a flag.

"Never let her go *again*". I was just trying to think about this. Say you let your eye off your child for 10 seconds and child wanders off. You panic, you search, you beg everyone near you to look out for child. You finally find child. You tell child to never wander off like that again! And you might also say to yourself "I'll never let child go again". So this is referring back to a specific incident where you feel you let child 'go', and you're *never* going to do it *again*. So in this example we can see context and understand meaning. What does it mean for KW is harder for me to extrapolate. I don't know how long that wording might be valid for? Will it only relate to an incident like in the example? Is KW subconsciously telling us that she feels she took her eye off Mariah and something scary happened? Maybe, but I don't know for sure.

The bit about being able to touch Mariah again and see her smile again. That was caused by the reporter asking a leading question using some of those words. KW fed the words back to the reporter, modifying them only very slightly. So I would caveat that it's risky due the leading question to read too much into this, but if we are going to examine the words it's the modification words that we would need to focus on. We'd need to hear both the question and the answer, in exact words, in order to separate the two.

That's my thoughts on the matter. I find statement analysis to be an intriguing subject, but it needs massive care, it needs context, it needs understanding of the person's dialect and colloqualism usage, it needs to only be used to flag things for further probing, and not used to prove someone guilty in the court of public opinion. Otherwise I think it's way too easy to hone in on things, similar to the FB memes, and to read in something with hindsight and observer bias that was never in the person's mind when they posted that meme or used those words.

I was leaning towards a private donation...JMO
I wasn't suggesting that the would be the source, but rather, that the status of the can in some ways gage the level of general outpouring, and that it doesn't suggest much.

Further, I haven't seen any interviews with folks in the community that would suggest that this level of outpouring exists towards him.

Fabulous. Thank you for indulging me, Amonet. I tried to disregard the awkward "(she) goes by Mariah" statement, thinking it might have been fed by the reporter somehow, since little ones can frequently have a nick name they might respond better to at that age. Regardless, I find this statement analysis for clues to be some fascinating stuff.

I think there were a lot of things wrong with her first plea, including body language and verbal language. She did a lot of left lateral looking with her eyes which is supposedly audial constructed in NLP (not remembered but developed on the spot). When she looked up to the sky with tears in her eyes and held the gaze for at least 3 seconds without blinking I thought that was very telling. It seemed very grief stricken and remorseful (of the death). almost looking to the heavens. Also if you freeze that video, her expressions give away a lot of info. she also turned her face away from the cameras after certain statements, like she was concealing or protecting herself after saying certain things. She grimaced and made some defensive expressions after certain statements too. you don't notice it unless you freeze the video bc they are fleeting glances.

Fabulous. Thank you for indulging me, Amonet. I tried to disregard the awkward "(she) goes by Mariah" statement, thinking it might have been fed by the reporter somehow, since little ones can frequently have a nick name they might respond better to at that age. Regardless, I find this statement analysis for clues to be some fascinating stuff.

It's where I live! Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point (and the closely surrounding areas) = the Triad. Not to be confused with the Triangle! Which is Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. (Also called the Research Triangle)

WFMY2 is our local channel which is why they didn't explain further I'm sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jinx! And hi neighbor!

I am personally marking "she goes by Mariah" as dialectical. A poster on this board said that it's a common phrase in Kentucky, and I believe KW has relatives in Kentucky, so she could easily use that phrase for dialectical reasons alone. It might also be exacerbated usage due to knowing people who do 'go by' something other than their first name, and EK is one such person.

I saw in the comments on the that there was also a bank account that had been set up. My guess is that folks are contributing to that account, rather than the , because it is more secure and direct. Additionally, my guess is that the people who would see that (friends/family/community) are also equally strapped for cash. so $400 is a lot for that area. all IMO

I do hope that a law firm has stepped forward to support these boys, probono.

I think there were a lot of things wrong with her first plea, including body language and verbal language. She did a lot of left lateral looking with her eyes which is supposedly audial constructed in NLP (not remembered but developed on the spot). When she looked up to the sky with tears in her eyes and held the gaze for at least 3 seconds without blinking I thought that was very telling. It seemed very grief stricken and remorseful (of the death). almost looking to the heavens. Also if you freeze that video, her expressions give away a lot of info. she also turned her face away from the cameras after certain statements, like she was concealing or protecting herself after saying certain things. She grimaced and made some defensive expressions after certain statements too. you don't notice it unless you freeze the video bc they are fleeting glances.

A little OT: I would be interested in watching, with an eye toward analysis, some of the pleas from parents wrongly deemed guilty in the media. Who were then ultimately found to be victims of actual child abduction. A few posters and mods have mentioned such cases as a warning to tread lightly.

A little OT: I would be interested in watching, with an eye toward analysis, some of the pleas from parents wrongly deemed guilty in the media. Who were then ultimately found to be victims of actual child abduction. A few posters and mods have mentioned such cases as a warning to tread lightly.

I'm not sure of the first name spelling, but Shaylynn Ammerman. There were a lot of negative judgments made about them from their media appearances (their clothing, smoking a cigarette, etc). It turned out to be a guy who was in their home earlier that day, a 'family friend', who took Shaylynn...the door to the home was left open, baby was sleeping in the lounge. That's the one that stands out for me, but I'm not as familiar with as many cases as a lot of the posters here.

Also, you might be interested in the UK documentary called Crocodile Tears, which should be found on YouTube, and I really need to re-watch that one, because when I saw that about a year ago it was like watching people doing magic to hear the analysis and how it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288