Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts remain that Mariah died in the care of her mother and live in boyfriend, not the care of her father or his girlfriend. AW admitted (sadly) that he has not had contact with the children in over a year. EK is charged with concealing Mariah's death and moving her body. I have ABSOLUTELY no reason to believe AW and his girlfriend would have any connection. IIRC, LE wasn't beating down their door when Mariah was reported missing. They didn't even notify them and only heard of her disappearance via the Amber Alert. So, why did KW not notify AW or have LE contact him??? Because she knew he had nothing to do with Mariah's disappearance (or death). The sexual assault was reported by Mariah's brother. If we can't take the word of the child living the nightmare daily in an abusive home, we have all failed. MOO

So let me get this straight. The biological father who has not seen his children in a year and a half because he works Friday nights and the mother would not allow his then new live in girlfriend to pick the children up, but never picked them up on Saturday, tells a media outlet that he has been cleared by investigators in (the death of Mariah, any prior abuse or neglect, sinking the titanic) by (law enforcement, social services or the good humor man) make it fact? So help me understand this because I may be a little senile and confused. If I tell a reporter that I climbed Mt Everest does that make it fact?

I am not trying to discredit the father or get him elected Pope. I am genuinely concerned with what we are accepting as “fact” or “proof”. When did we put down innocent until proven guilty and pick up pitchforks and torches based on our feelings about how we feel about somone or how they look or grieve. At this point in time the only allegations I have seen regarding sexual assault was the word of the father who had been absent for a year and a half. The only allegations of a belt incident were from the father. The only word of the mother blocking visitation is from the father. When did he who talks the most get elevated to being the truth teller? What standard are we using now, prepondence of evidence, probable cause, resonable doubt? We are better than this. We don’t dispense justice based on feelings and poorly informed opinions. This is a country where we are innocent until proven guilty

I saw something happen here the last 24 hours or so that shocked me. Someone asked a question and several people who live, work and play in my beautiful home state attempted to answer the question with the true and accurate knowledge they have from living here. Yes some posters were so convinced of what they either wanted to believe or thought without enough information, that they continued to challenge the information.

We who live here understand the unique traditions and information relative to our state just as I would expect posters from other states and countries to about theirs. I would never be so bold as to challenge someone else about their knowledge of their homes. Yet we are all here because we want justice for the beautiful child Mariah. I understand the rage one feels at the premature death of a child. We cant be so blinded by that rage that we lessen our standards for fact and proof.

We can not be so consumed by that rage that we take it out on those who disagree with us. If we work together instead of taking sides based on intuition or feelings we will accomplish far more. We can respectfully disagree and still work together to reach a common goal.

JMHO

Just a note here that Triad is trending on Twitter at the moment because of the bad weather in the area.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just a note here that Triad is trending on Twitter at the moment because of the bad weather in the area.

I love you vmmking. Thanks so much

About being cleared, don't you have to be a POI or suspect first to be cleared? Laws may very but where I live police never announce someone is cleared unless they were a POI or suspect. Was AW ever either?

Corrected

So let me get this straight. The biological father who has not seen his children in a year and a half because he works Friday nights and the mother would not allow his then new live in girlfriend to pick the children up, but never picked them up on Saturday, tells a media outlet that he has been cleared by investigators in (the death of Mariah, any prior abuse or neglect, sinking the titanic) by (law enforcement, social services or the good humor man) make it fact? So help me understand this because I may be a little senile and confused. If I tell a reporter that I climbed Mt Everest does that make it fact?

I am not trying to discredit the father or get him elected Pope. I am genuinely concerned with what we are accepting as “fact” or “proof”. When did we put down innocent until proven guilty and pick up pitchforks and torches based on our feelings about how we feel about somone or how they look or grieve. At this point in time the only allegations I have seen regarding sexual assault was the word of the father who had been absent for a year and a half. The only allegations of a belt incident were from the father. The only word of the mother blocking visitation is from the father. When did he who talks the most get elevated to being the truth teller? What standard are we using now, prepondence of evidence, probable cause, resonable doubt? We are better than this. We don’t dispense justice based on feelings and poorly informed opinions. This is a country where we are innocent until proven guilty

I saw something happen here the last 24 hours or so that shocked me. Someone asked a question and several people who live, work and play in my beautiful home state attempted to answer the question with the true and accurate knowledge they have from living here. Yes some posters were so convinced of what they either wanted to believe or thought without enough information, that they continued to challenge the information.

We who live here understand the unique traditions and information relative to our state just as I would expect posters from other states and countries to about theirs. I would never be so bold as to challenge someone else about their knowledge of their homes. Yet we are all here because we want justice for the beautiful child Mariah. I understand the rage one feels at the premature death of a child. We cant be so blinded by that rage that we lessen our standards for fact and proof.

We can not be so consumed by that rage that we take it out on those who disagree with us. If we work together instead of taking sides based on intuition or feelings we will accomplish far more. We can respectfully disagree and still work together to reach a common goal.

JMHO

I don't think that he never picked them up on Saturdays because he couldn't get them on Fridays. This is my understanding:

Before she completely blocked him from getting his kids on his weekends, she began by causing issues about his girlfriend not being allowed to get them on Friday for him.

So he would pick them up on Saturdays, but even though he was supposed to get them until later on Sunday, she was also cutting that short by insisting they attend Sunday morning church with her parents, even though they went to the same church.

This is how it began, coming up with reasons to cut the visits short. Eventually she began withholding the children from him at all.

According to him he tried to fight it and consulted attorneys, but couldn't afford to hire one because of the amount of money they needed upfront.

While we only have his word at the moment, I don't really have a reason to doubt this part of the scenario, which is one that plays out daily across the country with others. It all fits with how I've seen these things happen before.

While I'm not putting him up for father of the year, I also have no cause to believe he's lying about this.

With regard to him being cleared, I understand we only have his word for it. But again, I just don't see a single thing that would point to his involvement in her death - none whatsoever.

I believe the original poster who pointed out that he has been cleared was perhaps reminding people that he is considered a victim here, not just because he's not been named a POI, but also because there is zero evidence of any guilt on his part for her death.

I love you vmmking. Thanks so much
I was amused to see it, given all the discussion here. I thought it had to be the "other" triad to be trending, but then I forgot how ill equipped the South is (in terms of equipment and salt) to deal with a snowpocalypse!

Love you, too, GrouchyMom!

By whom? Do you have a link to support that?
There has never been any suggestion by law enforcement or even in SM that I've seen that even so much as hints that bio dad was in any way involved in his daughter's disappearance and death.

There is nothing for him to be cleared from, LE has been entirely focused on mom and her bf.

I don't understand these insinuations that he was involved. Victim bashing, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think that he never picked them up on Saturdays because he couldn't get them on Fridays. This is my understanding:

Before she completely blocked him from getting his kids on his weekends, she began by causing issues about his girlfriend not being allowed to get them on Friday for him.

So he would pick them up on Saturdays, but even though he was supposed to get them until later on Sunday, she was also cutting that short by insisting they attend Sunday morning church with her parents, even though they went to the same church.

This is how it began, coming up with reasons to cut the visits short. Eventually she began withholding the children from him at all.

According to him he tried to fight it and consulted attorneys, but couldn't afford to hire one because of the amount of money they needed upfront.

While we only have his word at the moment, I don't really have a reason to doubt this part of the scenario, which is one that plays out daily across the country with others. It all fits with how I've seen these things happen before.

While I'm not putting him up for father of the year, I also have no cause to believe he's lying about this.

With regard to him being cleared, I understand we only have his word for it. But again, I just don't see a single thing that would point to his involvement in her death - none whatsoever.

I believe the original poster who pointed out that he has been cleared was perhaps reminding people that he is considered a victim here, not just because he's not been named a POI, but also because there is zero evidence of any guilt on his part for her death.

Just to add, we don't know yet, but he may have an alibi for the entire time frame (work, home, with GF, family, friends). That would have been one of the 1st things LE checked out.

I really believe that the initial headline regarding EK and the triad was simply about the area he had ties to. I could be wrong, but I don't see anything else in it.

Thank you! My TY buttons have all disappeared else I would have used it.

I was amused to see it, given all the discussion here. I thought it had to be the "other" triad to be trending, but then I forgot how ill equipped the South is (in terms of equipment and salt) to deal with a snowpocalypse!

Love you, too, GrouchyMom!

Leave no stone unturned :lookingitup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads