Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re bio dad. I liked how one poster put it. If he had the kids, we would not be here right now.

Otoh, it is my understanding we can discuss family members' and victims' statements in MSM. As long as we don't veer into accusing them of the crime at hand (or any crime at all perhaps?) Bio dad and his girlfriend have opened quite the can of worms with the otherwise confidential documents they made public. What stood out to me is in my opinion they admit to withholding the kids from KW, but we have no proof KW actually withheld the kids beyond the shortened time frame she was trying to enforce. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a clause that you get to keep the kids if you suspect horrible things, even though there maybe should be. I believe, the KW gf altercation that happened was a result of bio dad refusing to return the kids, and because it didn't go to court we don't know who's statement is more true about the agressor in the situation, imo.

I don't want to burn them at the stake or call them parents of the year. They have suffered unimaginable loss and for that I pray they find a way forward.

Just my 2 cents

Agree, but he was the one who contacted LE, there was a reason it wasn't a priority to check him out. IMO, they were already in the presence of those responsible.

In an exclusive interview with In Touch, Pastor Cliff Wilson of Folkstone Original Free Will Baptist Church — where family members of Mariah attend — said that he was also skeptical of Earl. “[He] was really jumpy the whole time watching the police searching around the house,” said the pastor, who was with Earl and the family on Nov. 27, the day Mariah was reported missing.
Prior to his most recent arrest, Earl was convicted of larceny in 2005 and 2015. In 2012, he was also convicted for threatening a government official and being drunk and disorderly, for which his license was suspended. In addition, he was sentenced to probation.
“Earl tried to stay far away from investigators. But the sheriff seemed to be watching him more than anybody else,” Pastor Cliff recalled of his day spent with the convict. “He was acting very sheepishly.”[/QUOTE]

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/mariah-woods-father-fighting-for-custody-148503

Just to add, we don't know yet, but he may have an alibi for the entire time frame (work, home, with GF, family, friends). That would have been one of the 1st things LE checked out.

Agree, but he was the one who contacted LE, there was a reason it wasn't a priority to check him out. IMO, they were already in the presence of those responsible.

In an exclusive interview with In Touch, Pastor Cliff Wilson of Folkstone Original Free Will Baptist Church — where family members of Mariah attend — said that he was also skeptical of Earl. “[He] was really jumpy the whole time watching the police searching around the house,” said the pastor, who was with Earl and the family on Nov. 27, the day Mariah was reported missing.
Prior to his most recent arrest, Earl was convicted of larceny in 2005 and 2015. In 2012, he was also convicted for threatening a government official and being drunk and disorderly, for which his license was suspended. In addition, he was sentenced to probation.
“Earl tried to stay far away from investigators. But the sheriff seemed to be watching him more than anybody else,” Pastor Cliff recalled of his day spent with the convict. “He was acting very sheepishly.”[/QUOTE]

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/mariah-woods-father-fighting-for-custody-148503

Sorry, that was a reply concerning AW.

Whoever gave the information for Mariah's obit did not include her oldest sibling (her half brother) as a survivor on the Legacy site. Of course, they didn't include the grandparents, either, but that seems like a major oversight to not include a sibling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine was too, but wasn't clear. I'm sure AW did have an alibi, I just don't think he was on LE's radar to be checked out. I think they knew something was hinky when they arrived on the scene (possibly the 911 call came into play). AW should've been the first person called to notify him of Mariah's disappearance, for several reasons, but he wasn't (not by KW, not by LE). IIRC, his statement about being cleared was in response to a question posed by the reporter. He said they (AW & HC) also offered to take lie detector tests, too.

Sorry, that was a reply concerning AW.

I will be interested to hear about EK's childhood and life while growing up as things progress. That is one of the aspects (Purposes and Principles of Sentencing) that can affect his sentence if convicted. I say "if" in keeping with proper legal form but personally..... I would say "when".

So let me get this straight. The biological father who has not seen his children in a year and a half because he works Friday nights and the mother would not allow his then new live in girlfriend to pick the children up, but never picked them up on Saturday, tells a media outlet that he has been cleared by investigators in (the death of Mariah, any prior abuse or neglect, sinking the titanic) by (law enforcement, social services or the good humor man) make it fact? So help me understand this because I may be a little senile and confused. If I tell a reporter that I climbed Mt Everest does that make it fact?

I am not trying to discredit the father or get him elected Pope. I am genuinely concerned with what we are accepting as “fact” or “proof”. When did we put down innocent until proven guilty and pick up pitchforks and torches based on our feelings about how we feel about somone or how they look or grieve. At this point in time the only allegations I have seen regarding sexual assault was the word of the father who had been absent for a year and a half. The only allegations of a belt incident were from the father. The only word of the mother blocking visitation is from the father. When did he who talks the most get elevated to being the truth teller? What standard are we using now, prepondence of evidence, probable cause, resonable doubt? We are better than this. We don’t dispense justice based on feelings and poorly informed opinions. This is a country where we are innocent until proven guilty

I saw something happen here the last 24 hours or so that shocked me. Someone asked a question and several people who live, work and play in my beautiful home state attempted to answer the question with the true and accurate knowledge they have from living here. Yes some posters were so convinced of what they either wanted to believe or thought without enough information, that they continued to challenge the information.

We who live here understand the unique traditions and information relative to our state just as I would expect posters from other states and countries to about theirs. I would never be so bold as to challenge someone else about their knowledge of their homes. Yet we are all here because we want justice for the beautiful child Mariah. I understand the rage one feels at the premature death of a child. We cant be so blinded by that rage that we lessen our standards for fact and proof.

We can not be so consumed by that rage that we take it out on those who disagree with us. If we work together instead of taking sides based on intuition or feelings we will accomplish far more. We can respectfully disagree and still work together to reach a common goal.

JMHO
I'm a little confused. How is confirming the source of the information AW gave to the reporter putting down innocent until proven guilty or picking up "pitchforks and torches" or revealing of any feelings towards him? Is this directed towards me?

Additionally I have seen the CPS documents confirm that the juvenile reported SA, inappropriate exposure to adult behaviour, and physical abuse. That didn't come from AW.

Who is the "we" that is "dispensing justice" here?

Regarding the Triad - I said I was happy to accept local knowledge after having put forward what my initial impression was when I saw the headline. I am entitled to an opinion, and that doesn't mean that your opinion is devalued or rubbished. All the replies on the matter didn't make it clear in the beginning that this was obvious because it was a local interest news headline, rather than national, but that eventually became clear. I never accept what I am told 'just because', I will probe so called facts until I'm satisfied for myself. I am neither blinded nor consumed by rage, neither have I taken anything out on anyone here, or attacked anyone's credibility and I do not accept responsibility for causing offence by putting forward a view, it's only ever been an exchange of information (nothing personal) and could not be resolved for me personally until I knew it was a local headline.

I will leave it at that because I just don't get the tone of this, suggesting I am not respectfully disagreeing or working together for a common goal.

Did you find one longer the obituary posted on Legacy? :(

Whoever gave the information for Mariah's obit did not include her oldest sibling (her half brother) as a survivor on the Legacy site. Of course, they didn't include the grandparents, either, but that seems like a major oversight to not include a sibling.

Trying to catch up....still...is this what the news story meant when it referred to Triad?http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/crime/over-500k-worth-of-cocaine-seized-in-triad-drug-bust/432780201

Yes

The Piedmont-Triad (or simply the Triad) is a north-central region of the U.S. state of North Carolina that consists of the area within and surrounding the three major cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point. This close group or "triad" of cities lies in the Piedmont geographical region of the United States and forms the basis of the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point CSA. The area of the triad is approximately 5,954 square miles.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] The metropolitan area is connected by Interstates 40, 85, 73, and 74 and is served by the Piedmont Triad International Airport. Long known as one of the primary manufacturing and transportation hubs of the southeastern United States, the Triad is also an important educational and cultural region and occupies a prominent place in the history of the American Civil Rights Movement. The Triad is not to be confused with the "Triangle" region (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill), directly to the east. As of 2012, the Piedmont Triad has an estimated population of 1,611,243 making it the 33rd largest CSA metropolitan area in the United States. [SUP][1][/SUP]

Contents

Counties

As part of a redefining of metropolitan areas, the old Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point Metropolitan Statistical Area was broken up in 2003 into five separate areas—three Metropolitan Statistical Areas and two Micropolitan Areas. However, for all intents and purposes the region still functions as a single metropolitan area.
Location of the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point CSA and its components: Greensboro-High Point Metropolitan Statistical Area
Winston-Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area
Burlington Metropolitan Statistical Area
Mount Airy Micropolitan Statistical Area

† Sometimes included as part of the region

Municipalities

Definitions of the Piedmont Triad: Census statistical area
Additional included area according to Piedmont Triad Council of Governments and Piedmont Triad Partnership

The name in italics is the county in which the city is located.Primary cities

Secondary cities over 10,000 in populationEdit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedmont_Triad

I noticed that to. Maybe the names were left out purposely or someone asked that they be left out? Especially the step-brother. Trying their best to stay out if the public eye? Seeing the horrid things people are saying online along with threats would be enough to take any precaution possible to protect. JMO I could be wrong.

I noticed that to. Maybe the names were left out purposely or someone asked that they be left out? Especially the step-brother. Trying their best to stay out if the public eye? Seeing the horrid things people are saying online along with threats would be enough to take any precaution possible to protect. JMO I could be wrong.
No, the half brother (not step), while not posting publicly on his profile specifically about Mariah has made public comments on news articles saying he hopes his dad gets the boys. He has also commented that his feelings toward Mariah were that of a full sister, not half. So this points to his desire to be included, I would think, rather than trying to "stay out of it."

I will be interested to hear about EK's childhood and life while growing up as things progress. That is one of the aspects (Purposes and Principles of Sentencing) that can affect his sentence if convicted. I say "if" in keeping with proper legal form but personally..... I would say "when".

Are you surprised that his parents have remained mum? No statement or anything? I think I am not as surprised that they haven't spoken to the media, but it almost seems to me they haven't helped LE much either. If the recently shared quote saying LE needs info on the family's whereabouts is current. Particularly odd given the Thanksgiving photo we've seen, I think.

I don't know anything about trial. Thanks for the insight. It will be intriguing, indeed.

I am working on a visual time frame that I can add to as info becomes available. I'm a visual person so this helps me. Anything incorrect or missing? For space reasons I can't add every detail but I don't want to miss anything deemed important. Input please?

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.52.38 AM.png

Dammit I lost your quote.

Tortoise, I know I always enjoy reading your posts. Glad you are part of Mariah's thread.

My take: it was not aimed at any poster and landed randomly. But I agree with the gist of GMs message.

The emotions get pretty freakin intense in here, especially when there is no news and we don't know enough, which is the worst part, the not knowing, and all we are left with are our collective swirling amalgam of outrage and sorrow and pain.

The 'kill the beast' 'burrn the witch' frenzy or mob mentality can easily become interwoven in the childrens' threads, whenever we have such horrible unspeakable things done to innocent children. We are emotional creatures, that's a given.

Not judging anyone here just offering my observations. I am a scientist and prefer logic and reason over the high emotion, sometimes I read and feel and just absorb it all and sometimes I can't hit backspace fast enough. This is the toughest sub-forum here at WS imo.

[emoji173][emoji173] We are all here for Mariah. [emoji173][emoji173]

I hope DCFS does their job right,and protects these two boys,and thinks long and hard about their best interest, and safety.
I won't hold my breath though.

Do not know if this is what happened in this case but basic information in obit is free, if you start adding additional names or personal comments about the deceased they charge you. The listing of grandparents, half brothers sisters, aunts uncles etc would of cost money. The funeral home did not charge for funeral so I would assume they did the basic free obit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd