Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't anticipate any further stories from WM. Not unless he and his team decide to testify against Sini (creating reasonable doubt should he be charged with causing Sherin's death--as opposed to not preventing it).

I am guessing a lot will depend on what the charges are at the end of the day and what decisions are made with regard to charging them together or individually.

He is already on record admitting to sufficient acts to send him away for life--and it is pretty hard to see how anything he can say now can change that reality for him. End of the day he was there (not only the day of Sherin's death but all the days leading up to it) and has admitted to acts of commission and omission. Thus far his attorney has been adamant with regard to both parties claiming spousal privilege in order to avoid testimony against each other (recall that on day one it was WM's attorney who interrupted to prevent Sini from answering a question by pointing out that she had spousal privilege--and the prosecution was busy looking it up in the law book, until she rendered the point moot by pleading the fifth in answer to the question).

My legal knowledge comes mostly from watching Law & Order. Does anyone know how the decision to try the parties together or separately might come about? Seems as if the state makes a decision to try the parties together, but then one or the other party can move to have the cases severed? Anyone?

I am hoping against hope that the prosecution will be able to try them together and if they can come up with a conspiracy or acting in concert or a Texas equivalent that says they participated together it will be easier make that happen. I am sure all of their collective attorneys will try to get separate trials as that way they can blame each other to try to achieve reasonable doubt. I feel that trying them together will increase the chance of full convictions on both. JMHO

Not surprising that they didn't choose a headstone with a photo on it.....

The "Moment in our arms, lifetime in our hearts" quote seems......like it was chosen simply because it sounded good.

At least they bought her a headstone that was more than I actually expected.

Not surprising that they didn't choose a headstone with a photo on it.....

The "Moment in our arms, lifetime in our hearts" quote seems......like it was chosen simply because it sounded good.

"Moment dying in our arms, after months of torture and suffering...lifetime in our conscience" should be what it actually says.

I know that you are so right in this but I must say that whenever an attorney advises a client to plead the fifth that is a last resort due to the fact that the attorney has no alternative to protect their client; in other words they are at a loss as to how in hell they can defend their client. JMO

An article about how defense attorney's handle criminal cases
(quote)
The American justice system requires that the prosecutor prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That is a high standard, but our legal system is founded on the principle that it is better to let a guilty person go free than to wrongly convict an innocent person. If there is any way a criminal defense attorney can raise reasonable doubt in the client’s guilt, so long as it is ethical to do so, the attorney will do it. Attorneys are ethically required to zealously represent their clients, no matter what their personal opinion of the case may be; this means that criminal defense attorneys are required to do their best to advocate for their clients, even if the attorney believes the client is guilty. For more information, see Representing a Client Whom the Lawyer Thinks Is Guilty.

However, attorneys cannot present evidence or arguments that they know to be false. (American Bar Association, ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, Rules 3.1, 3.3.) Does this mean that if a client admits guilt to his or her attorney, the attorney cannot enter a not guilty plea or zealously represent the client? No. In such cases, the attorney can focus on the holes in the prosecutor’s evidence, or on other legal issues (such as whether a search was appropriate under the Fourth Amendment, or whether scientific tests were performed according to the appropriate standards) that do not relate to whether the client committed the crime or not.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...se/should-i-admit-guilt-my-criminal-defense-a

If the parents chose what is written on the headstone, they should finish it....Death at our hands!

Perhaps the headstone is for other people in Sherin's life that loved her very much and can go and pay their respects to her privately? Why should they place horrible nasty words on the headstone of a beautiful innocent little girl who was loved in life and still loved in death for people that knew her briefly in this life?

Something just crossed my mind. (again, but even stronger now) They left to go to dinner, because they already had planned to (reservations? meeting others?) and Sherin was too "not ok" (again) to take her out in public. I wonder if she was even conscious when they left. I'll bet dollars to donuts they left her before when she was in bad shape and she eventually got better.

Perhaps the headstone is for other people in Sherin's life that loved her very much and can go and pay their respects to her privately? Why should they place horrible nasty words on the headstone of a beautiful innocent little girl who was loved in life and still loved in death for people that knew her briefly in this life?

I get it! I was being facetious. She deserves a beautiful headstone.

The words were chosen by Wesley and he was in jail. Sini must have pleaded the 5th when asked what should be written on the headstone. Nice of her to attend the funeral---probably ruined her day

Rocco you are my hero

The words were chosen by Wesley and he was in jail. Sini must have pleaded the 5th when asked what should be written on the headstone. Nice of her to attend the funeral---probably ruined her day

I don't think it ruined her day. I think she thought it made her (Sini) look good.

I've had to deal with narcissism in the family. They never take blame and always worry about appearances to others. And somehow it's always about them! Sickening.

Letting her alleged Perps choose the words on her gravestone is an obscenity.

Amateur speculation and opinion only

She's a great mother. She skipped a baby shower to attend her daughter's funeral

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think it ruined her day. I think she thought it made her (Sini) look good.

I've had to deal with narcissism in the family. They never take blame and always worry about appearances to others. And somehow it's always about them! Sickening.

Well CPS coming to visit ruined her day so I'm damn sure that attending the funeral was even more of kink in her plans.

Who knows, she could have been out trying to save some more children from India... Oh wait.

Dad picked it? Huh.

O Irony. [emoji20]

I like the granite.

Photo:
http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...-in-our-arms-lifetime-in-our-hearts/498122397
5c5de02aba9151d4d38f2222cc4f4f35.jpg

Dad picked it? Huh.

O Irony. [emoji20]

I like the granite.

Photo:
http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...-in-our-arms-lifetime-in-our-hearts/498122397
5c5de02aba9151d4d38f2222cc4f4f35.jpg

BBM, I'm not sure who else was involved in the choosing of Sherin's headstone etc., and sometimes if you have never had to deal with a death the funeral home will help you and advise on what would be appropriate to make a choice that is acceptable. Is it a fact that no one else was involved with it all apart from WM? Any other family members?
My guess is that WM's is going to try and pass Sherin's death off as being accidental and that he didn't call 911 because he panicked. And from what we know now about the CPS involvement, the W's were notified about suspected child abuse because of the fractures that were noted on Sherin's x-rays by the pediatrician. And it has already been stated by WM's attorney he was a good father. Should be an interesting Trial to say the least.

:tantrum: That just pours salt into the wounds. :tantrum:

Be at peace, Sherin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads