Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of blatant and malignant stupidity would lead DCF to think this was a good idea? Brilliant...absolutely brilliant!! Put the boys with someone who is hostile to their father to further poison their mind and manipulate them to defend their egg donor.

Gah! The stupid...it's just so strong.

Add to that,,,,what kind of home is this when there was a stipulation that grammy was to be sole caregiver due to gramps drinking problem!!

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

I've deleted my post in case it wasn't an approved site.

I trust that whatever they decide will be the correct outcome, they're not going to get it wrong twice.

agreed busylady danthrplgst and tortoise...i could be wrong but foster placement in that particular neck of the woods might be extremely scarce. they may be hard pressed to find a suitable relative much less another family altogether. and without moving them to another school district or church. which seem to be the only steadiness in their life right now.

I apologize. I should have posted more of the article. The article says CPS gave Woods the document on Friday. Further down the article, it states the grandmother had the children on the 27th. My take is sometime between 11/27 and Friday, 12/1, CPS took custody.

Woods said he photographed some of the paperwork CPS gave him on Friday in regards to his two sons, 5 and 10 years old, and sent it to HLN television. On Tuesday morning, Woods allowed The Daily News to photograph and review the paperwork as well. The Onslow County Department of Social Services would not verify the documents because it is a juvenile case, which is also sealed at the Onslow County Court house.

The document is a juvenile summons and notice of hearing and notes that the two boys have been placed in DSS custody temporarily. Woods and his ex-wife, Kristy, are scheduled to be in court over the custody of the boys Friday morning.

The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits. The Daily News has spoken with the grandmother who confirms she is watching the boys.

I must have missed the part about the grandfather drinking when I read the article previously. Wondering, is that the same person that that AW & GF said called them on the phone stating Mariah was in a location other then where the searches were being conducted?

I must have missed the part about the grandfather drinking when I read the article previously. Wondering, is that the same person that that AW & GF said called them on the phone stating Mariah was in a location other then where the searches were being conducted?
Don't know, but name was Vance I believe (the one who called, don't know if he is the same person as the drinker).

Don't quote me please because I don't have a link to rely on....but I believe the gramps with the drinking problem is a step gramps living with grandma and the one on the phone was the bio gramps. Wish I could say for sure.....

I have no knowledge of how NC for Shared Parenting works or what type of organization they are - but are they receiving their information from the bio dad or the courts?

The "about" section: This page is managed by both mother's and father's that support equal shared parenting and residence in favor of the best interest of children.

I honestly can't imagine being a social worker who has to make these decisions. You have two parents fighting over kids - accusations are made, you go investigate the child denies being hit, no medical records indicate abuse, the home is clean with food, kids doing well in school - what do you do you can't remove them yet they child may very well being abused. I am not talking specifically this case just in general terms.

Unfortunately so many use CPS as a tool to get the other parent in trouble because they are angry - such a waste of resources it is no wonder so many children slip thru the cracks.

What kind of blatant and malignant stupidity would lead DCF to think this was a good idea? Brilliant...absolutely brilliant!! Put the boys with someone who is hostile to their father to further poison their mind and manipulate them to defend their egg donor.

Well, I tossed in some adjectives, on this side of the keyboard, when I read that a few days back, but, thank you, and... SERIOUSLY?!1? What in the ever loving name of all that's Holy are they thinking? I would not be surprised if these kids stay with the grandparents. I'm not a perfect parent, or grandparent, but when I read these cases, and stuff like this? I'll take my A+ now. At least I tried. Bio Dad, is considered a victim right now, so, unless something has changed, that I've not seen, all I'll say, is that it "appears" that he's being given the shaft. They have the CPS case, mom has her paperwork, Dad released his, mom has not being proclaiming innocence from the rooftops, either, nor has a spokesman come forward to make a statement for her, so she's keepin' like a dog in high weeds, outta sight.

I honestly can't imagine being a social worker who has to make these decisions. You have two parents fighting over kids - accusations are made, you go investigate the child denies being hit, no medical records indicate abuse, the home is clean with food, kids doing well in school - what do you do you can't remove them yet they child may very well being abused. I am not talking specifically this case just in general terms.

Unfortunately so many use CPS as a tool to get the other parent in trouble because they are angry - such a waste of resources it is no wonder so many children slip thru the cracks.

So much this. My niece had this problem with the father of her child and his parents. The whole lot of them are drunks and drug addicts who were constantly using my niece's child against her. Either the father or the g-ma would get mad at my niece for whatever reason, usually because my niece wouldn't bring the child over there to be exposed to their constant fighting and drug use and they in turn would call CPS and make claims against my niece (usually that she was using drugs but they did concoct a few other good stories). It was so frustrating for my niece because CPS would make her jump through all these hoops just to prove that dad/g-ma was lying. You'd think after the 5th or 6th time this happened CPS would get the clue that these people are just making up stories to punish my niece but nope, they never did. The nightmare for my niece finally stopped when the father of her child died and the calls to CPS finally ceased.

Grandmother may have been the only available placement at the time. The father admits he hasn't seen the children in 1.5 years so the reunification with him will be gradual and likely supervised.

Hi I have been still lurking along but they haven't released a COD yet that I missed ? Poor little darling and her siblings what a horrible life they all had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grandma was a temporary placement until the first hearing but a condition was violated (Kristy was not suppose to have contact) and the boys were put into a non relative placement. NC For Shared Parenting has been updating. JMO

I hope this is the case. For the love of Pete, the grandfather has an alcohol problem that is bad enough that they had to include a stipulation that grandma had to handle all care for the two kids, well three, if you include grandpa. Living with a drunk is no fun. I know. I lived with one. Whoever came up with approving this idea should be fired.

This story just gets crazier and crazier by the minute. Jmo

Hi I have been still lurking along but they haven't released a COD yet that I missed ? Poor little darling and her siblings what a horrible life they all had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they have not released COD yet.

I tend to agree that the court is ruling against the bio dad simply bc there is a "volatile" relationship between AW and KW. But as I know well, just bc one parent is volatile, doesn't mean the other one is, but the other one has to engage if they want their kids, so they appear to be playing a role in the volatility, when it may not be their fault at all. In my case, my ex knew how to play me so he appeared calm (bc he's a psychopath with no fear or emotions) and I had so much PTSD I was traumatized and reacting from that. But in this case, I think AW is being punished for responding to KW's behavior. Unless there are other abuse/neglect charges or investigations against AW that we don't know about, he should get the kids. The oldest son seems to have some serious issues (surely resulting from a hostile environment). even if that resulted from when he lived with both bio parents, I think there is a string likelihood KW was the instigator. I would even go so far as to imagine that any previous SA could have been on the part of KW.

When CPS understands the nature of psychopathy and abuse, they will be able to better evaluate parents.

Well, I tossed in some adjectives, on this side of the keyboard, when I read that a few days back, but, thank you, and... SERIOUSLY?!1? What in the ever loving name of all that's Holy are they thinking? I would not be surprised if these kids stay with the grandparents. I'm not a perfect parent, or grandparent, but when I read these cases, and stuff like this? I'll take my A+ now. At least I tried. Bio Dad, is considered a victim right now, so, unless something has changed, that I've not seen, all I'll say, is that it "appears" that he's being given the shaft. They have the CPS case, mom has her paperwork, Dad released his, mom has not being proclaiming innocence from the rooftops, either, nor has a spokesman come forward to make a statement for her, so she's keepin' like a dog in high weeds, outta sight.

I'd not be surprised if it was the alcoholic grandpa, honestly. My ex was an alcoholic. If he'd overheard something like that, even if drunk, I do believe he'd have been able to find 911 on the phone, call, and tell them what he heard (if not just totally soused). He may have been a lot of things, but he'd never physically hurt a child, and hated folks who hurt kids (he just never saw his behaviour as "hurting" ours). I'd not be surprised if the kid's alcoholic step-grandpa may feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong