Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it remains confidential at least as long as the court proceeding is open. There was a hearing yesterday and msm hasn't reported on it.

Yep. We had to tell the parents that before we handed them the report and they had to sign an parent agreement. This is why I was so surprised the docs were breached. I understand the emotions were high but a bigger hole has been dug. You work with them and not against them. Guarantee it that the judge talked about that in the first hearing. JMO

Not involved as friends, absolutely not. It is a conflict of interest, big time!

I am still confused about that incident. I never brought my kids into that work environment unless there were family fun days and they volunteered to face paint the littles.

BBM
This is what I want to know. They'd only been at the Inez Trailer Park for four months. Did they move there to get out of checks? Get into a different county? I've wondered about that. It would have been around end of August then, I'd guess.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20171202/breaking-news-body-of-mariah-kay-woods-has-been-found

Changing jurisdictions is an attorney ploy. There was a case in Pennsylvania several years ago. I'm sorry I can't recall the family's name. A severely malnourished boy died and his parents had recently moved there from another state to escape investigation by CPS. His bedroom was bare with feces covering everything. Other children were in the home and their bedrooms were very nice. Those were the bedrooms CPS saw.

That's another huge gripe I have with CPS. There should be a national database of CPS records so agencies can check the history.

Changing jurisdictions is an attorney ploy. There was a case in Pennsylvania several years ago. I'm sorry I can't recall the family's name. A severely malnourished boy died and his parents had recently moved there from another state to escape investigation by CPS. His bedroom was bare with feces covering everything. Other children were in the home and their bedrooms were very nice. Those were the bedrooms CPS saw.

That's another huge gripe I have with CPS. There should be a national database of CPS records so agencies can check the history.

You can check but only so much info can be released.

I am still confused about that incident. I never brought my kids into that work environment unless there were family fun days and they volunteered to face paint the littles.

Whatever the incident was, I missed it entirely. Did the social worker involve her own child? If so, I find that truly bizarre.

Yes I'm sure she slipped over a toy and died so they decided to fake a kidnapping and dump the body.I also believe in the easter bunny.

Homicide, from a legal standpoint, doesn't always mean murder. Homicide just means that a person's death was brought about by another person. Fun fact: When a prisoner is executed by the state the manner of death on their death certificate is homicide because their death was brought about by another person.

As for the reasons of hiding the body, it wouldn't be the first time a child accidentally and the parent hid the body because they figured they would get in trouble. Truthfully, look at the number of times a child has died of a true accident and a parent or another adult in the home was sent away to prison. I'm not excusing the practice but I understand why someone might do it. You take your life in your hands when you're dealing with prosecutors. There is a reason for the statement "a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich."

While I agree, in theory, that it could happen, and that it probably has happened, I do not feel that this is the case, here...at all.

You can check but only so much info can be released.

I think that's pretty ridiculous. Law Enforcement has a national database they can check. Child abuse is a crime. Maybe these state agencies need to be shifted to the State Patrol leadership rather than health and human services.

I am not defending the mother or her boy toy. I am not trying to crucify the father but I have very serious concerns about the release of the sexual assault info. I do not care if it was dad, mom, a social worker or the pope that released it, that act was irresponsible and cruel. The possible ramfications far out weigh any possible benefit gained and regardless of emotional distress or anger or any other emotion it was simply a poor choice. NG or AB or any other media should have had the scruples not to put the info in the public eye but parenting is about making the right choices to protect your child even in or maybe especially in times of emotional distress and grief. We know the mom made poor choices and it cost a child her life but before it is over I am relatively sure that she will pay a heavy price for it. Heavy enough to satisfy everyone probably not. I also think in the end there will be more than enough blame to go around that we don’t have to chose either/or neither will we have to choose 1 from column A and two from column B.

All it would have taken was to use a black magic marker and redact the most sensitive parts. Who will be to blame if this child ends up a suicide statistic because of the information being released. I could care less what the adults do to one another as they can take care of themselves but it is the surviving children I am concerned about. Stop and think how you would feel if someone put this kind of information, correct or not about your child out there for the entire world in perpetuity.

If you dont think you would be outraged you are not being honest with yourself. I would move heaven and earth to protect my children and I would do everything in my power to keep something like that from following them the rest of their lives. When he learns that the info is there when he googles his family’s names he will be forever changed and will always look at other people differently wondering who knows, are they treating me different because of it. His friends will see it and their parents also, there will be nowhere to hide from it. So not only will he have the survivors guilt over his sister’s death and what ever damage from what he saw, experienced or heard in his lifetime now this too. This poor child can just not catch a break.

JMHO

BBM
This is what I want to know. They'd only been at the Inez Trailer Park for four months. Did they move there to get out of checks? Get into a different county? I've wondered about that. It would have been around end of August then, I'd guess.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20171202/breaking-news-body-of-mariah-kay-woods-has-been-found

From what I read , they lived not far from there, in fact it was the same road the abandoned house was on, Hill? something.

It was reported last Sunday or Monday that he was going to view her body that Tuesday, after the autopsy was complete.

Depending on the temp of the water and the depth that her body was at she may have experienced minimal decomposition in the week elapsed between her presumed death and her being found. A common misconception people have is that a water burial will speed up decomposition, it won't, a body can remain in a pretty good state for awhile if the water temp is cold enough.

Thank you. It's bothered me. I'm going to try and stick with your theory. Had a harder time with this one. I try not to follow these, yet, here I am.

I am not defending the mother or her boy toy. I am not trying to crucify the father but I have very serious concerns about the release of the sexual assault info. I do not care if it was dad, mom, a social worker or the pope that released it, that act was irresponsible and cruel. The possible ramfications far out weigh any possible benefit gained and regardless of emotional distress or anger or any other emotion it was simply a poor choice. NG or AB or any other media should have had the scruples not to put the info in the public eye but parenting is about making the right choices to protect your child even in or maybe especially in times of emotional distress and grief. We know the mom made poor choices and it cost a child her life but before it is over I am relatively sure that she will pay a heavy price for it. Heavy enough to satisfy everyone probably not.

All it would have taken was to use a black magic marker and redact the most sensitive parts. Who will be to blame if this child ends up a suicide statistic because of the information being released. I could care less what the adults do to one another as they can take care of themselves but it is the surviving children I am concerned about. Stop and think how you would feel if someone put this kind of information, correct or not about your child out there for the entire world in perpetuity.

If you dont think you would be outraged you are not being honest with yourself. I would move heaven and earth to protect my children and I would do everything in my power to keep something like that from following them the rest of their lives. When he learns that the info is there when he googles his family’s names he will be forever changed and will always look at other people differently wondering who knows, are they treating me different because of it. His friends will see it and their parents also, there will be nowhere to hide from it. So not only will he have the survivors guilt over his sister’s death and what ever damage from what he saw, experienced or heard in his lifetime now this too. This poor child can just not catch a break.

JMHO

I agree, the info should have been redacted before published. But that's on the media, not the Dad, imo.

The confidential information the dad released can be very emotionally harmful for his sons which is why it is kept confidential and why the msm considers it unethical to report. Nancy Grace took advantage and sensationalized it to the hilt with "bombshell" being blasted every other shrill word. I'm still not seeing where CPS screwed up.

If all follow ups were completed, all meds were noted, the worker was not a personal friend of hers, then I would have to say they did not. However, I've yet to see a completed case file. So, at this juncture, the parent who had custody of the now dead child, who was dumped in a river, is clearly unfit to be a parent. Jury's out on Dad, but he has my deepest sympathies, right now.

BBM

Going off my own experience with CPS here in NJ, once they close the case out they never bother with you again until there is another complaint. I suspect that's what probably happened. CPS cleared the case and they didn't check in again. I don't think they moved to avoid them, if CPS wanted to follow up with KW and the kids they could have easily found them.

Just gonna say it...CPS and other state agencies are not known for hiring the best available since the best are scooped up by other places. I'm not saying there are not good social workers, I'm sure there are many but by and large state agencies tend to pick from the bottom of the barrel since no one else will have them.

Well, working for CPS sucks. The pay isn't that good in our state, they need about double the staff that they have, so they don't burn-out. That's got to be a stressful job.

I am not defending the mother or her boy toy. I am not trying to crucify the father but I have very serious concerns about the release of the sexual assault info. I do not care if it was dad, mom, a social worker or the pope that released it, that act was irresponsible and cruel. The possible ramfications far out weigh any possible benefit gained and regardless of emotional distress or anger or any other emotion it was simply a poor choice. NG or AB or any other media should have had the scruples not to put the info in the public eye but parenting is about making the right choices to protect your child even in or maybe especially in times of emotional distress and grief. We know the mom made poor choices and it cost a child her life but before it is over I am relatively sure that she will pay a heavy price for it. Heavy enough to satisfy everyone probably not. I also think in the end there will be more than enough blame to go around that we don’t have to chose either/or neither will we have to choose 1 from column A and two from column B.

JMHO

While I agree with ya grouchy I think the concern of this information following the boy around is a bit over-inflated. There is nothing in the media that directly identifies the boy, people will only know it's him if he should share the name of his parents or that his sister died. It's sad to say but in 6 months time no one is going to remember the name of Mariah Woods (well, the people on WS will) but the general public will forget about this like they forget about all cases. I think we can all agree that the public has a very short attention span. Heck, just look at this message board. All last week messages were coming in left, right and sideways and I noticed today that the thread has been more or less dead all day, the names I noticed posting a lot have disappeared with the exception of a few, even the conversation has changed from details of the case to different parallel topics. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic but I don't think this will impact the boy has severely as some may think. As for your overall point about releasing it being a bad idea, I'm in total agreement with ya.

JMHO

Agree a million percent. And to take it one step further. Many of the people on here have stated they have been abused either as children or later in life in domestic violence type of situations. I know from my own experience with extreme domestic abuse, that I would be absolutely mortified if someone were to go against the gag order that was immediately placed on the case for my protection, and decided to tell not only my family and friends etc what happened to me, but the entire world! I am in Canada, probably 25 hour drive away, and as a result of these documents, I know the names of these children, their birth dates, and so on. I cannot imagine HOW they will be able to move on with life, in that area, with those names. If I was in that situation and someone had exposed the things that happened to me I would want to start over fresh, new city/state, new identity, new family and friends. My trust in the people around me would be gone, and again, I am an adult. So, I simply cannot imagine, as a mother and as a survivor how this can be "fixed" without extreme measures.

How do these boys go back to school in the next few weeks with teachers and classmates having read and heard the rumors? It spikes my own PTSD and anxiety just thinking about being in their shoes.

I realize there are several people on here who are giving AW a pass because of his extreme grief, but IMO that is a reason to protect the babies you have left even more.

As i've said in other posts, I really do hope AW is a good dad and that these boys will learn that with a ton of therapy and help in reunification. I do worry about the oldest child as at that age, a abusive nature may have already planted its seeds. The idea of seeing him on here as the "monster" in a few years, is a scary possibility if he doesn't get a loving stable home life that focuses on rehabilitation and takes it very very seriously.

MOO

I think that's pretty ridiculous. Law Enforcement has a national database they can check. Child abuse is a crime. Maybe these state agencies need to be shifted to the State Patrol leadership rather than health and human services.

Talk with your legislators. They make the laws

If all follow ups were completed, all meds were noted, the worker was not a personal friend of hers, then I would have to say they did not. However, I've yet to see a completed case file. So, at this juncture, the parent who had custody of the now dead child, who was dumped in a river, is clearly unfit to be a parent. Jury's out on Dad, but he has my deepest sympathies, right now.

if the CPS worker was a friend of KW, that changes this case entirely, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012