PA PA - Patrick Rohal, 30, Pittsburgh, 18 Nov 2017

If it is of any use, here is security footage of the sidewalk from the apartment complex the night he went missing. Please ignore the jumpy video, it was part of the video export process.

https://www.jgndata.biz/jgoetz/file2/patrick.mp4
So he was wearing the jacket. Not holding it where it could have been dropped. He definitely seemed to be looking to the sky several times

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Justin417- He didn't appear to be stumbling drunk or anything. Was this video before or after he had met up with his friend do we know? Thanks for posting it.

Justin417- He didn't appear to be stumbling drunk or anything. Was this video before or after he had met up with his friend do we know? Thanks for posting it.

I believe this would have been after he met with his friends - not confident though.

Nothing more on Patrick? Where could h be? Was he suicidal? Has he disappeared for a time before? Where is Patrick?

It looks like he got into that white truck to me. You see him run across the street, hook left, then he disappears. It would explain why he began running over so quickly before the light changed as soon as it pulled up. JMO.

It looks like he got into that white truck to me. You see him run across the street, hook left, then he disappears. It would explain why he began running over so quickly before the light changed as soon as it pulled up. JMO.
Yeah, sure does

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The closest PR came to the white truck was when he passed behind it on his way to the sidewalk. PR stepped on to the sidewalk and disappeared in to the dark.

The closest PR came to the white truck was when he passed behind it on his way to the sidewalk. PR stepped on to the sidewalk and disappeared in to the dark.

To me it looks like he darts across the intersection and then heads to the pedestrian walkway part of the bridge.

To me it looks like he darts across the intersection and then heads to the pedestrian walkway part of the bridge.

Yes, that is what I see as well. I hate to say this but I think he had a destination and a plan in mind, and that he will eventually be found in the river.

Yes, that is what I see as well. I hate to say this but I think he had a destination and a plan in mind, and that he will eventually be found in the river.

I can't think of any reason he would be crossing that bridge at that time of night. The other bridges near there lead to destinations - but iirc that bridge basically just leads to an interchange, and more walking on streets that are not pedestrian-friendly.

Unless he had a friend or a ride on the other side.

I can't think of any reason he would be crossing that bridge at that time of night. The other bridges near there lead to destinations - but iirc that bridge basically just leads to an interchange, and more walking on streets that are not pedestrian-friendly.

Unless he had a friend or a ride on the other side.

You are correct, but if you really wanted to there are places you can walk, but neither really make sense for Patrick. The first is right across the bridge puts you in the middle of the Hill district, which isn’t really a safe neighborhood at night, or Oakland, which is where Pitt is located further up a steep hill. Agreed that there seems to be no real reason to go to either of those locations.

Also on the Pittsburgh Bureau of police Facebook page, which posted about Patrick, somebody asked whether they are doing water surges and they say they have been out looking all the time. And a friend of mine who lives on the Ohio River near where Dakota James’ body was found said that he saw the boats out late at night a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, but if you really wanted to there are places you can walk, but neither really make sense for Patrick. The first is right across the bridge puts you in the middle of the Hill district, which isn’t really a safe neighborhood at night, or Oakland, which is where Pitt is located further up a steep hill. Agreed that there seems to be no real reason to go to either of those locations.

Also on the Pittsburgh Bureau of police Facebook page, which posted about Patrick, somebody asked whether they are doing water surges and they say they have been out looking all the time. And a friend of mine who lives on the Ohio River near where Dakota James’ body was found said that he saw the boats out late at night a few days ago.

Oakland might be a destination at that time of night. Maybe. But if it were me I would have stayed on Carson and crossed at the Hot Metal Bridge. Same distance but more pedestrian friendly. And if he were going to Oakland it seems like someone would know or would have been expecting him.

He really looked like he knew where he was going when he crossed that intersection.

BBM

Oakland might be a destination at that time of night. Maybe. But if it were me I would have stayed on Carson and crossed at the Hot Metal Bridge. Same distance but more pedestrian friendly. And if he were going to Oakland it seems like someone would know or would have been expecting him.

He really looked like he knew where he was going when he crossed that intersection.

He seemed to be in a moderate hurry, walking with 'purpose'.

Has anyone been able to determine whether or not PR left his pea coat and glasses behind on / near the bridge?

Patrick disappeared approximately 1/2 block from where Paul Kochu lived. I live in Pittsburgh and work in Birmingham Towers - which is right next to the Birmingham Bridge and directly across the street from Paul Kochu's home. I YET AGAIN have to go to work seeing every telephone pole posted with another MISSING poster.

The “rumor” is that the “Smiley Face Killer” theory is actually being investigated. With the Smiley Face theory, all of the victims were found to have drowned and were located in or near bodies of water. All of the victims were white males, many were college students, and usually popular and athletic. And finally, most of the victims simply disappeared after a night of drinking and socializing with friends. Every one of these cases fits.

This is THREE (3) disappearances of white males that all are very similar in build, height, etc. Paul Kochu disappeared on 12/16/14; Dakota James on 1/25/17; now Patrick on 11/15/17. Paul and Dakota could have been Brothers and BOTH attended Duquesne University. in appearance and all three disappeared in almost identical situations, at the same time of year – Nov, Dec. and Jan. ALL WERE ON FOOT.

I, myself, am also concerned as there is A FOURTH that should be included - the 12/7/11 disappearance and death of Jimmy Slack, who disappeared from the North Side after attending a concert at Stage AE, which is right next to the river, also. Again, death was “undetermined” when his body was found in the river. This was an odd case – went to a concert with a friend who he separated from. That friend reached Slack on his cell phone at 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. and he said, "I am still partying." At 3am, he said he would probably walk home.

Jimmy Slack – 25 y.o. 5’10, 165 lbs. Blonde hair/blue eyes 12/07/11
Paul Kochu - 22 y.o. 6’1, 180 lbs. Brown Hair/blue eyes 12/16/14
Dakota James – 23 y.o. 5’8, 140 lbs. Brown Hair//blue eyes 01/25/17
Patrick Rohal – 30 y.o (looks younger) 5’8, 170 lbs. brown hair/brown eyes 11/15/17

Statistics from the county medical examiner’s office show that the bodies of only six victims of accidental or undetermined drownings were recovered from the Mon, the Allegheny or the Ohio in winter months during a 10-year span between 2006 and 2016. Two of those are listed right here.

Paul Kochu was found without clothing and it is public knowledge that his case is NOT “closed” and it is considered a “Suspicious death”.

If you want to go even further . . . these men also disappeared without a trace

Zackery Sheets – 19 y.o. 5’9, 160 lbs. Brown hair/blue eyes – disappeared from Plum (Pgh), PA on 02/19/17. Plum borders the Allegheny River. Disappeared at 10:30 at night, on foot.

Donald Smetlak – 25 y.o. 6’1, 230 lbs. Brown hair/hazel eyes. Disappeared from Oakland (Pgh.) 01/28/06. This is directly across from the South Side where Kochu and Rohal disappeared. Last contact was around 4:00 pm on the day of disappearance – he was supposed to go see a friend that evening. Car was found in middle of Winter in Oakland with the windows down.

A VERY LONG STRETCH . . .

Andrew Karis – 19 y.o. 5’8, 130 lbs. Brown Hair/Hazel eyes. Disappeared from CMU (in Oakland/Pgh) 03/01/93 and has never been heard from again. “Suspicious” circumstances. POSSIBLE that he might have been in NYC and San Francisco in 1995.

Absolutely agree with you. Also seems like the car behind the truck takes off behind him as soon as the truck leaves as well

What boats is your friend referring to? Police boats? And why would they go searching “late at night.”

Maybe he could be seeing non police related boats. IMO

What boats is your friend referring to? Police boats? And why would they go searching “late at night.”

Maybe he could be seeing non police related boats. IMO

Fire and Rescue boat, but yes, you’re right that it could have been unrelated. That makes sense that searches would only happen in the day.

BBM

He seemed to be in a moderate hurry, walking with 'purpose'.

Has anyone been able to determine whether or not PR left his pea coat and glasses behind on / near the bridge?

I still can’t find any confirmation by LE that those belongings were found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back