Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be you Katy. I logged in just now and everything is the same.

Yes, I somehow hit something that took me down a rabbit hole....LOL

I handed there laptop to my husband to read an old thread about Jeffrey McDonald, because we just watched the special on him last night.

Somehow when I got my lap top back, it was waaaaaaay different---like a totally different forum, lol

Who and why would someone tell someone other than who was a participant or witness? If I were trying to cover up a crime I wouldn't tell anyone! Unless I trusted them completely and needed their help. So, how and why did KW's father know?

I can't remember exactly what was said but it sounded like a game of telephone. Was very odd to me too that these people knew these things. Wait, lol now I'm rally losing my memory. KE's dad knew about the SA right? Not death details? Gah I need sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I found interested was the following:

In a news release sent Saturday evening, an FBI spokeswoman said Mariah’s remains had been found in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway in Pender County, North Carolina.

Officials did not say what led them to arrest Kimrey, or what evidence suggested that Mariah was no longer alive.

[...]

Mariah was presumed dead based on evidence gathered throughout the weeklong investigation into her disappearance, according to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office. At a news conference on Saturday, FBI officials called the search for Mariah “a homicide investigation.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article187931874.html

to me this suggests they strongly felt she was not just dead, but a murder victim. Even before or as they found little one's body. They may not be able to proceed to charge anyone with that murder until autopsy report but I think they have a much better idea what happened then they have stated and are putting all the little duckies in a row.

Very good point! I thought the same thing when I read that part, but I am still hoping that they are taking extra precautions to make an airtight case & get justice for baby Mariah.

This is my first time commenting so I hope I'm doing this right .

I agree way too many babies are being killed...As I read this case and Sherin's case it all boils down to the fact that they didn't have a responsible adult(s) in their life to protect them. As parents we are here to protect them and guide them. It pains me to hear these stories. These so called parents have failed these babies point blank!!! We can disagree about who, why, when, where but the fact is these babies paid a horrible sentence. Maybe EK was the one to actually caused MW death but KW as her mother should have protected her...she should have protected all her children and she didn't. MOO KW should be charged at least for neglect (but I'm sure LE is working on that)...she didn't do what she was suppose to do as a mother and protect her. All these babies losing their lives hurts my heart. RIP Mariah, Sherin and those before and after that have lost their lives in the hands of those who were suppose to be there for them but failed them.

Welcome!!!!:goodpost::greetings:

Talisman, I'm going to reply to your post again because I realize I was not clear about a few things in my earlier post about psychiatric treatment protocol.

I think this is a good point you've brought up. If KW has signed herself into a psych facility, ( or been admitted against her will ) she would have complete and total anonymity.

No one who works in a psychiatric setting is ever allowed to reveal any information about a patient. Even whether that person IS a patient at all.

Whenever anyone called our unit asking if so-and-so was a patient, we asked if the caller had a patient code number.

If they didn't, we had a stock phrase we used: "We are not allowed to confirm or deny that the person is a patient on this unit."

So, bottom line, IF KW would be at a psychiatric facility, there would be no way for news media, or anyone else to discover that information from the facility itself.

Her anonymity would be completely protected.

I want to emphasize this is all pure conjecture. We have no information at all that would lead us to believe this is even a remote possibility...

JMO

Exactly what I wanted to know. Was wondering if she COULD have & nobody would be able to question her or even verify she was there. TORTOISE mentioned (a few posts earlier) the possibility of her being in a Safe House. Would that have the same rules legally as a Psych Unit?

Trying to be patient waiting to hear something from LE about KW maybe facing charges.

Wouldn't it be tragically ironic if KW is in a SAFE HOUSE. She didn't provide a safe home for that precious baby, Mariah :(

Thank you, again for your insightful reply!

and there was a 2 yo boy in the next town over from me killed just a few days ago by... you guessed it - mom's live - in bf while she was at work. do they do this on purpose as soon as they are alone with the child or can they just not deal with children at all? bf's are not free childcare for crissakes.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/crime/article/Man-arrested-after-SeaTac-toddler-s-death-12414209.php

and of course this one from Saturday - mom's bf kills child trying to make him sleep. http://whdh.com/news/man-kills-girl...lly-beating-him-to-make-him-sleep-police-say/
[FONT=&amp]
"Police told the station that it is unclear if anyone else will face charges in the boy’s death, saying prosecutors have charged mothers in the past for leaving their children with violent boyfriends."[/FONT]

There are scientific studies that try to explain why. Some call it the "Cinderella effect.":

The notion of an evil step-parent is nothing new — but a controversial theory devised by Canadian Martin Daly in the 1970s explains why so many men, from Australia and around the world, kill the children of their partners and not their own.
It’s called the Cinderella effect. And the most disturbing aspect of it is it suggests the perpetrators of this violence, almost always men, are not programmed biologically to raise other people’s children.
“If you look at the data, for children aged under two in the US who live with one non biological parent, and they are overwhelmingly male because most kids stick with their mums, they are more than 100 times more likely to die from physical abuse and 40 times more likely to be physically abused.”

His research, published in 2008, delved into the subject and revealed not only much higher rates of violence were experienced by children with one step-parent but a raft of other serious incidents.
“Statistically kids in those situations are less likely to be cared for.”

Prof Tooley’s study found that children with a step-parent were at least 17 times more likely to die from intentional violence or accident. A limited version of the study found that the rate could be as high as 77 times.
Most at-risk were children aged under five.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/822c3dac9bf401da57f8e100f685dc00

Parental love for children is evolutionarily conditional on the children’s ability to increase the parents’ reproductive success. Stepchildren do not carry any of the genes of the stepparents, so there is absolutely no evolutionary reason for stepparents to love, care for and invest in their stepchildren. Worse yet, any resources invested in stepchildren take away from investment that the stepparents could make in their own genetic children. So, in the cold, heartless calculus of evolutionary logic, it makes perfect sense for the stepfather to kill his stepchildren, so that his mate (the mother of the stepchildren) will only invest in their joint children, children whom the stepfather has had with the mother and who carry his genes. Only they can increase the stepfather’s reproductive success.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201101/why-are-stepparents-more-likely-kill-their-children%3famp

Just curious, can I ask how you arrived at strangulation?

To be clear I didn't "arrive" at strangulation but rather while my primary suspicion is blunt force trauma, in some of the cases I've followed where children were murdered a secondary indicator that often popped up was strangulation. I've seen it in enough cases to at least include it as a possibility. I'm not saying strangulation always occurs but rather that it occurs often enough along with blunt force trauma to at least consider it. We've seen it with Jenise Wright, Alayna Ertl, Madyson Middleton, Kenneth White, Brandon Herrera, Gizzell Ford, Ashlynn Lilith Peters and others.

Right now we have no idea of Mariah's COD so all any of us can do is speculate based on what little we do know about the adults in this case along with our knowledge of prior cases involving murders of babies and toddlers. But one reason it crossed my mind is that strangulation is sometimes associated with sexually sadistic crimes and there has been reference in this case that sexual abuse has taken place.

And those of us who use tapatalk do not see the signature lines either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't often use Tap Talk, so had not thought about that. I have a tagline. it's basically, Unless there's a link, I'm just tossing out my two cents.

To be clear I didn't "arrive" at strangulation but rather while my primary suspicion is blunt force trauma, in some of the cases I've followed where children were murdered a secondary indicator that often popped up was strangulation. I've seen it in enough cases to at least include it as a possibility. I'm not saying strangulation always occurs but rather that it occurs often enough along with blunt force trauma to at least consider it. We've seen it with Jenise Wright, Alayna Ertl, Madyson Middleton, Kenneth White, Brandon Herrera, Gizzell Ford, Ashlynn Lilith Peters and others.

Right now we have no idea of Mariah's COD so all any of us can do is speculate based on what little we do know about the adults in this case along with our knowledge of prior cases involving murders of babies and toddlers. But one reason it crossed my mind is that strangulation is sometimes associated with sexually sadistic crimes and there has been reference in this case that sexual abuse has taken place.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know about the strangulation being a part of so many other cases. I don't tend to focus on the details of death, I'm more interested in the psychological and cultural aspects of a murderer and their social environment and how those all intersect.

There are scientific studies that try to explain why. Some call it the "Cinderella effect.":

The notion of an evil step-parent is nothing new — but a controversial theory devised by Canadian Martin Daly in the 1970s explains why so many men, from Australia and around the world, kill the children of their partners and not their own.
It’s called the Cinderella effect. And the most disturbing aspect of it is it suggests the perpetrators of this violence, almost always men, are not programmed biologically to raise other people’s children.
“If you look at the data, for children aged under two in the US who live with one non biological parent, and they are overwhelmingly male because most kids stick with their mums, they are more than 100 times more likely to die from physical abuse and 40 times more likely to be physically abused.”

His research, published in 2008, delved into the subject and revealed not only much higher rates of violence were experienced by children with one step-parent but a raft of other serious incidents.

Prof Tooley’s study found that children with a step-parent were at least 17 times more likely to die from intentional violence or accident. A limited version of the study found that the rate could be as high as 77 times.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/822c3dac9bf401da57f8e100f685dc00

Parental love for children is evolutionarily conditional on the children’s ability to increase the parents’ reproductive success. Stepchildren do not carry any of the genes of the stepparents, so there is absolutely no evolutionary reason for stepparents to love, care for and invest in their stepchildren. Worse yet, any resources invested in stepchildren take away from investment that the stepparents could make in their own genetic children. So, in the cold, heartless calculus of evolutionary logic, it makes perfect sense for the stepfather to kill his stepchildren, so that his mate (the mother of the stepchildren) will only invest in their joint children, children whom the stepfather has had with the mother and who carry his genes. Only they can increase the stepfather’s reproductive success.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201101/why-are-stepparents-more-likely-kill-their-children%3famp

Thanks for posting this. I've often thought that there was a parallel to how male lions will kill all the cubs when they take over a pride. I didn't know there was research on the evolutionary/gene motivation. Sad, but interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not too far behind here; only 200 posts.....

haven71 said:
No, it is not a fact. Another poster and I were surmising a logical possibility based on EW's interview with Nancy Grace.

I didn't know Earl did an interview with NG??? or is that just a mistake in EW to AW??

and sitting here :waiting: for NEW information to be released by LE.

Great discussion - thanks!

In my opinion, KW started talking late in the week. What might this mean? That she knew -

1. Mariah had been seriously injured
2. Mariah had died
3. Mariah had been disposed of
4. Where Mariah had been disposed of

She had to have known EK was involved all along, by which I mean he had knowledge, in all of these. Even if she didn't know where he had taken Mariah, she knew all along he must know.

If EK killed or seriously injured Mariah, and I'm only talking about that scenario, what were her reasons for waiting so long to tell police EK knew where she was?

Why would she not want Mariah's body recovered and evidence preserved if EK did it? It might be the only evidence that will back up her story if she is implicated in her murder, it might not prove it but there's a better chance of it if they have the body than not.

What motivates her to protect him?

Why would she not want the cause of death known?

I can't think how whatever she might have thought she was guilty of (neglect, obstruction, concealing, which might all be defensible) could compare with facing a murder charge.

this is why male lions kill the lioness' cubs so she will go into heat again and he can father those cubs with her

I didn't know Earl did an interview with NG??? or is that just a mistake in EW to AW??

This is one of the reasons I hate using initials. People often get them mixed up. I wish we'd just use first names. But I realize it's a WS thing that probably won't change. It just gets confusing, especially when there are a lot of initials to keep track of (like the Rhoden case, which I am lost in due to the use of initials every time I go back to it).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In my opinion, KW started talking late in the week. What might this mean? That she knew -

2. Mariah had died

She had to have known EK was involved all along, by which I mean he had knowledge, in all of these. Even if she didn't know where he had taken Mariah, she knew all along he must know.

If EK killed or seriously injured Mariah, and I'm only talking about that scenario, what were her reasons for waiting so long to tell police EK knew where she was?

Why would she not want Mariah's body recovered and evidence preserved if EK did it? It might be the only evidence that will back up her story if she is implicated in her murder, it might not prove it but there's a better chance of it if they have the body than not.

I can't think how whatever she might have thought she was guilty of (neglect, obstruction, concealing, which might all be defensible) could compare with facing a murder charge.

Another option could be that she didn't know what happened - in the original interview she said she had alot of unanswered questions and this just didn't make sense - her mind may of been working on EK saying he saw her at midnight and maybe found out later that he left the house and told LE that information
http://ktla.com/2017/11/28/shes-my-...fbi-joins-search-for-missing-3-year-old-girl/

I noticed in this article it mentions KW, grandmother family etc stayed across the street the day after Mariah was reported missing waiting for information but no mentioned of EK being there

[FONT=&amp]As Marines walked down the shoulder of Dawson Cabin Road and businesses such as Sanders Ford and Top Dogz Pizza delivered 20 large pizzas to the searchers, Mariah’s mother, grandmother, aunt and uncle, cousins, family friends and clergy congregated across the street biding time and waiting on a word.

[/FONT]
http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20171128/update-sheriff-search-will-continue-for-missing-girl

[FONT=&amp]IMO there is a possibility that KW did not know what had happened but had gut feelings about EK and shared that with LE.
[/FONT]

I agree. MOO, but KW was likely the woman the sheriff referenced to as having the long conversation with and wanting to return Mariah to her. So I believe she did know where EK had taken. Maybe she thought she would have drifted away, hence the "she could be anywhere" statement. I just can't imagine her not wanting to know where he had taken Mariah and not asking him. Waiting for any charges at all, but concealing her death seems an obvious one to me. MOO

2. Mariah had died

Another option could be that she didn't know what happened - in the original interview she said she had alot of unanswered questions and this just didn't make sense - her mind may of been working on EK saying he saw her at midnight and maybe found out later that he left the house and told LE that information
http://ktla.com/2017/11/28/shes-my-...fbi-joins-search-for-missing-3-year-old-girl/

I noticed in this article it mentions KW, grandmother family etc stayed across the street the day after Mariah was reported missing waiting for information but no mentioned of EK being there

[FONT=&amp]As Marines walked down the shoulder of Dawson Cabin Road and businesses such as Sanders Ford and Top Dogz Pizza delivered 20 large pizzas to the searchers, Mariah’s mother, grandmother, aunt and uncle, cousins, family friends and clergy congregated across the street biding time and waiting on a word.

[/FONT]
http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20171128/update-sheriff-search-will-continue-for-missing-girl

[FONT=&amp]IMO there is a possibility that KW did not know what had happened but had gut feelings about EK and shared that with LE.
[/FONT]
I have considered this and it's difficult to imagine she wouldn't have heard anything in that small of a living space.

I know it's not verified as fact, but in the AW/NG interview, it is said that Mariah had woken up crying and KW asked EK to deal with her. Even if anyone thinks that what KW said to EK about getting rid of her might not be true, I can't think why anyone would fabricate a detail that KW told EK to take care of a child who had woken up crying. The idea that she slept through the commotion of a death, her son being awake and aware his sister is seriously hurt but not involving her, so tiptoeing around and whispering with EK, a possible clean up, and all these comings and goings with dressers and a body disposal in a small trailer, then a conversation where the boy thinks he knows where she was taken, not where he thinks dressers came from, is too far fetched for me. We haven't heard she has a hearing problem or was on sleeping medication and I'm sure she would have been the first to tell the cameras there was a reason she never heard anything, she wasn't shy of saying she'd had her tubes tied and burnt.

I can't see a reason for her having a gut feeling about EK but not saying anything, particularly after what someone else was (allegedly) telling her father had happened, and if it is true that she was living there too. That explanation needs a lot of things lining up that fly in the face of reason IMO.

I realize a lot of people here (the majority actually) did not/do not share my opinion on that. And that is okay, I still respect those opinions.

I've been poor. You know that saying "didn't have two dimes to rub together?" There was a period of time I barely had two pennies to rub together.
I would have used those weekends I wasn't being allowed by the other parent to have my kids to get a second job and save up. Even at minimum wage, 16 months of weekend work would really help financially aid someone who is afraid their children are being harmed.

But, I also wouldn't choose a boyfriend with a past like EKs. Nor would I live with a drug user or stay with someone who ever even threatened to lay a hand on children and is unemployed A lot of the adults here seem to do things that don't make much sense to me, which is why I have a really hard time trying to make sense of what actually happened that day and the days/weeks/months prior to Mariah's death.

And if I remember correctly, the girlfriend or dad said coming up with a retainer that high would take time to save up. It had only been a year. I don’t think the dad just sat on his hands. I think he was trying to save up the money. In a lower income family with child support and other children, that is hard to do. I admire the dad. He was trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonBenet Ramsey

Good catch. I meant AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members