For BDIs: What made Burke strike JonBenet on the head?

Why did Burke bash JonBenet on the head?

• She wouldn't give him a piece of her candy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He wanted to try out the knots in his new book.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You would think. They also said it was because that room had a bathroom, even though the bedroom next to BR's was directly across from a bathroom about 2 feet away.

It's B.S. I believe, but the only thing I could think (just to play devil's advocate) would be that the TV in the far bedroom was wired for cable. Wiring another sole room for cable would be somewhat tedious/inconvenient, when you already have your cable set-ups in all your other rooms in your house. But again, I think it's B.S. I don't know if JBR's TV had cable, does anybody know?

It wasn’t hooked up to cable. Neither was Burke’s TV. JonBenét’s TV looks to be a portable 12-14inch combo. It was in her closet. It would have been very easy to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All of the above? That should cover it.

(To be serious though, I think the girls were spoiled and Burke grew jealous and resentful, protective and angry. The digital penetration was probably just curiosity but not the motivation unless Burke was being sexually abused. Note that I think the parents are complicit no matter if Burke "did it" or not.

Schuler asked Burke where people slept in the home and he
admitted sometimes sneaking into his sister’s room at night.

SCHULER: This bedroom?

BURKE: I would sometimes sleep on - I forget which bed. But I would sometimes sleep in
there ‘cause mine got cold.

SCHULER: ‘Cause your room got cold. So whose bed was this?

BURKE: Um, JonBenét.

SCHULER: Okay, so when it gets real cold in the winter, would you sleep over here?

BURKE: Yeah. I would sleep in there ‘cause my room’s kind of an older part of the house,
‘cause that’s the way it is.

SCHULER: Yeah, some of the older parts are like that, without the insulation in them.
Okay, how often would you sleep over here sometimes?

BURKE: Usually like really cold nights.

TDAC 2.

Cottonstar,
BURKE: I would sometimes sleep on - I forget which bed. But I would sometimes sleep in
there ‘cause mine got cold.
BR gives ramnesia a spin, but it fails.

So we get:
SCHULER: ‘Cause your room got cold. So whose bed was this?

BURKE: Um, JonBenét.
I reckon this was common knowlege and he knew this.

Patsy said Burke and JonBenet shared a bedroom just prior to Christmas day, add in LHP's remarks about playing doctor and you have a thumbnail sketch of how close BR and JonBenet were.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?317630-Was-Burke-Involved-4/page81

"Schuler asksed Burke to take him through Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day JonBenet was found. Burke tells him they slept together part of Christmas Eve, an interesting revelation - as cops attempted to learn if they were also together the next night, when she was killed."
DS: Christmas Eve. Let's talk about Christmas Eve. Okay, you talked about how exciting you were, right? And that you tried to stay awake?
BR: Yeah, I think I might have tried to go to sleep one of the Christmases.
DS: Okay. Um, do you remember what JonBenet was doing that night - was she pretty excited?
BR: Yeah, I think she actually slept in my room. So that I would wake her up when I woke up, 'cause I would always wake up before her.
DS: When did you wake up the first time?
BR: Um, 5:00. 'Cause it was Christmas.

It wasn’t hooked up to cable. Neither was Burke’s TV. JonBenét’s TV looks to be a portable 12-14inch combo. It was in her closet. It would have been very easy to move.

I know it was in the closet and that the TV was portable, but nonetheless, you could still run cable to it. Do you know for certain, or are you just basing that off of the fact that the TV was portable and in her closet? Honest question.

I know it was in the closet and that the TV was portable, but nonetheless, you could still run cable to it. Do you know for certain, or are you just basing that off of the fact that the TV was portable and in her closet? Honest question.

Patsy said Burke didn’t have cable TV in his room in her interviews. So, it was an assumption.

"DS: Who is the next person you saw?
BR: The policeman going into my room. No. It was either my dad coming in and turning off (on?) the lights, or a policeman coming into my room looking around... um. Wait, wait. It was my dad coming into my room and turning off the lights. And then there was the policeman coming in and looking around with a flashlight. ..."

"DS: Did you ever leave your room, even for a little bit, just to see what was happening?
BR: No.
DS: Why not?
BR: Cause I was so scared. Until my dad like came and tells me what to do. I'll just stay here."

It is hard to decipher Burke. Records would be better.

"DS: Who is the next person you saw?
BR: The policeman going into my room. No. It was either my dad coming in and turning off (on?) the lights, or a policeman coming into my room looking around... um. Wait, wait. It was my dad coming into my room and turning off the lights. And then there was the policeman coming in and looking around with a flashlight. ..."

"DS: Did you ever leave your room, even for a little bit, just to see what was happening?
BR: No.
DS: Why not?
BR: Cause I was so scared. Until my dad like came and tells me what to do. I'll just stay here."

It is hard to decipher Burke. Records would be better.

archieil,
That is BR telling you he was awake because his father paid a visit. Also he never left his room, yet at a later date BR says the voice on the 911 call sounds like his, but can it be as he was in his room, i.e. he never left it?

Additionally BR told the policeman looking around his room with a flashlight that JonBenet was still in the house, this is from a boy who slept all night, never left his room, but tells the policeman to keep on searching the house as JonBenet is still there.

How does he know that?

Userid,
My understanding is that the TV in the closet was used to mainly play Shirley Temple VHS Tapes.

That last answer in the poll is really in poor taste.

Patsy said Burke didn’t have cable TV in his room in her interviews. So, it was an assumption.

Fair enough, although that doesn't necessarily mean that Melinda didn't.

b532711271865e0e66b84b8a4d206bfd.jpg

Were JAR's and Melinda's room assignments changed? When did that happen?

I've only ever seen the one pictured above but if they were moved it fits with the theory of JAR as the molester of both kids, both suffered the very rare symptom of encopresis leading to the theory both were sexually abused. The parents could hear the goings on from the older portion of the second floor, not the newer with Jonbenet's room. Was JAR moved to allow better 'supervision'?

Page 172 JONBENET THE POLICE FILES

"Mom can touch those areas because, you know, and different things, and Dr Beuf with mommy in the room, those were the ground rules. Not daddy, Burke, not grampa, not anybody else...."

Why was JAR excluded from the list of people not allowed to touch Jonbenet? He had a room down the hall. He would have had access. He was sexually mature teenager and surely had daily 'experiences'. The most sexually active person in Jonbenet's life. He certainly saw her more often than grampa. Was the suitcase in the basement an abuse kit?

IMO JAR sexually molested both kids. Burke was left so damaged and socially awkward he could not control himself over minor emotional issues and struck out at Jonbenet, causing the head injury 12/25/1996. By the time John and Patsy found her she was so cold and near death they thought her dead and did the rest to stage it all away from both Burke and JAR.

Were JAR's and Melinda's room assignments changed? When did that happen?

I've only ever seen the one pictured above but if they were moved it fits with the theory of JAR as the molester of both kids, both suffered the very rare symptom of encopresis leading to the theory both were sexually abused. The parents could hear the goings on from the older portion of the second floor, not the newer with Jonbenet's room. Was JAR moved to allow better 'supervision'?

Page 172 JONBENET THE POLICE FILES

"Mom can touch those areas because, you know, and different things, and Dr Beuf with mommy in the room, those were the ground rules. Not daddy, Burke, not grampa, not anybody else...."

Why was JAR excluded from the list of people not allowed to touch Jonbenet? He had a room down the hall. He would have had access. He was sexually mature teenager and surely had daily 'experiences'. The most sexually active person in Jonbenet's life. He certainly saw her more often than grampa. Was the suitcase in the basement an abuse kit?

IMO JAR sexually molested both kids. Burke was left so damaged and socially awkward he could not control himself over minor emotional issues and struck out at Jonbenet, causing the head injury 12/25/1996. By the time John and Patsy found her she was so cold and near death they thought her dead and did the rest to stage it all away from both Burke and JAR.

sgrump,
You could be right. JonBenet exhibited prior signs of chronic molestation. No medical records or details from either of the two genital examinations carried out postmortem have ever been released.

BPD comments, i.e. from Steve Thomas' book suggest JonBenet had been visibly abused, this could be attested by sight alone. Also both JonBenet and Burke were individually seeing therapists prior to JonBenet's death.

So, IMO, it does seem to all add up to one or more person(s) in the Ramsey household molesting JonBenet, then there is the collection of pictures dumped in the basement, were they JAR's?

If that's your read go with it, who do you think was inappropriate with these little children?

IMO anybody else are the nameless people we all have contact with from the UPS man to the pizza delivery guy, not the teenager half brother with a bedroom down the hall. He had a name. Patsy seems to go out of her way to never mention JAR. He's a non-person. Do we even know what they called him? Was it JAR? Was it jar? Was it John Andrew? Was it John? Was it John Jr? Was it junior?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back