Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

I feel so terrible for not calling it in! It was 2 am, way past my bed time, and I just happened to see it while browsing thru his FB posts as I laid in bed. My brain wasn't operating at full capacity but that's no excuse. This is a tough lesson for me to learn, but I know I won't make any assumptions like this in the future.

I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on this, you guys. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn’t drop the ball so don’t blame yourself. :therethere: I’m sure there are others who saw the post and didn’t think to call it in. And I wouldn’t be surprised if some branch of LE involved in this case had already seen it. We all learn from experience. “See something. Say something” is a great motto.

I feel so terrible for not calling it in! It was 2 am, way past my bed time, and I just happened to see it while browsing thru his FB posts as I laid in bed. My brain wasn't operating at full capacity but that's no excuse. This is a tough lesson for me to learn, but I know I won't make any assumptions like this in the future.

I'm so sorry I dropped the ball on this, you guys. [emoji30]

Don’t beat yourself up, cujenn. What’s important is that you posted and someone picked up on the possibility LE should be informed and followed through with that — you got the ball rolling!

Yes, I saw that earlier. If LE is following protocol, they take a runaway 13-14 year old very seriously. There was nothing on the mom’s FB page in August about AC running away with LJ. If LE wasn’t taking her seriously, she would have posted a rant, the way she did a few years ago about AC’s school and bullying. I rather suspect that Mom is again “twisting” the truth to avoid blame...in other words, flat out lying about LE. But even before she lied this time, she gave LJ and AC a two hour head start before reporting it. She could have gone into the gas station and called 911 immediately and LE would have been there, and possibly found them before they got far, according to the marshal. If she cares about her daughter!s safety she would have. She’s covering herself and is full of it IMO.
Mom has been going through hoops to hide something. I don't like where my thinking goes with that but there has to be something else afoot here i.e. I think Mom is even lying about why she said she was lying in the first place (if that makes any sense).

Can someone explain to me why this is a runaway case and not a kidnpping? And not an amber alert?

Jmo.

Mom has been going through hoops to hide something. I don't like where my thinking goes with that but there has to be something else afoot here i.e. I think Mom is even lying about why she said she was lying in the first place (if that makes any sense).

THIS x 100

Don’t beat yourself up, cujenn. What’s important is that you posted and someone picked up on the possibility LE should be informed and followed through with that — you got the ball rolling!

Thank you for saying that. I truly felt awful about it and like a big ole dummy, as well.

It looks like he replied to a comment on his FB page just 5 hours ago.The comment and his reply are listed under a post dated December 1st (the one about fake people being blessed):

"You apparently do not know me at all because if you did you wouldn't be making retarded [expletive] comments but I'll say this one time and one time only I am ready to die to protect the things that I love. So if you fake want to be gangster [expletive] are ready to die for your beliefs please commence to talking [expletive] and shoot on sight! Things are not always what they seem but far be it for me to explain myself any thing that I consider beneath me. I'd suggest you find a [expletive] Hobby because I'm so far out of your [expletive] leave you can't even see this high I'm sure you probably have a nice life with a lot to lose think about that the next time you run your [expletive] mouth to a real gangster!"

https://www.facebook.com/lou.jakab/posts/1697527580311080

This is actually somewhat good news because LE should be able to track them down fairly quickly if they've been monitoring his online activity. A warrant demanding information about location activity should be served to FB rather quickly. This information should reveal LJ's location at the time he replied, at the very least.

He clearly couldn't control himself long enough to stay off social media, but I wonder why be responded to that particular comment but nothing else.
Louie Jakab You apparently do not know me at all because if you did you wouldn't be making retarded *advertiser censored* comments but I'll say this one time and one time only I am ready to die to protect the things that I love. So if you fake want to be gangster *****es are ready to die for your beliefs please commence to talking **** and shoot on sight! Things are not always what they seem but far be it for me to explain myself any thing that I consider beneath me. I'd suggest you find a ****ing Hobby because I'm so far out of your ****ing leave you can't even see this high I'm sure you probably have a nice life with a lot to lose think about that the next time you run your ****ing mouth to a real gangster!

Wow, this guy is delusional. I don't want to say it, but the thought of a suicide pact crosses my mind. : (((

Tricia said it was okay to sleuth mom, so... she and the other adult in the household have had eviction proceedings brought up on them more than a few times in the past two years. Money motivation?

Tricia said it was okay to sleuth mom, so... she and the other adult in the household have had eviction proceedings brought up on them more than a few times in the past two years. Money motivation?
BBM

Is there a fundraising page set up yet? “Help Us Find A. because LE Is doing nothing” or something like that.

Can someone explain to me why this is a runaway case and not a kidnpping? And not an amber alert?

Jmo.

I've wondered the same thing.
According to https://www.amberalert.gov/faqs.htm#faq6:

The Department's Guidance on Criteria for Issuing AMBER Alerts is as follows:

There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.

The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.

There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.

The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.

The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

Are AMBER Alerts issued for all missing children?

AMBER Alerts are issued for abducted children that meet the AMBER Alert criteria. AMBER Alert is only one tool that law enforcement can use to find abducted children. AMBER Alerts are used in the most serious cases that meet the AMBER criteria. Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued.

The only reason I can possibly think of would be if LE isn't confident about the car they're traveling in or they may not believe she's in IMMINENT danger. I would certainly beg to differ with that opinion, if so... but LE might be operating off the notion that he doesn't pose a threat to AC's life at this point, but that will likely change at the point in time when they do catch up with him and he feels like he's backed into a corner. He's like a wild animal on the loose right now (literally and figuratively) and I can only assume that his behavior will quickly turn aggressive, cagey, and unpredictable when they hunt him down.

ETA: If they had any indication he is in possession of a weapon, that would definitely tip the scales and an AA would have been issued. I haven't heard a thing about if he may or may not be carrying a gun, but his FB comment was brazen enough to suggest that he has something in his possession that could harm somebody. He's a seasoned criminal and probably knows how to get his hands on one if he feels like he needs to.

I'm really surprised and upset about the lack of coverage on this case. The few articles I can find about it haven't been updated since yesterday but most haven't been updated in several days, and nearly all of them are local outlets. What's the deal? Is the cousin/pregnancy taboo aspect the reason for the media’s disinterest?

Bringing forward the earlier mention of a gun, by mom. Also, seems to be some conflicting information as to the pregnancy, IIRC it was previously reported she was to be about 6 weeks pregnant when she disappeared. BBM

UPDATE 12/16/17 – HC (snip), the mother of AC (snip) has been arrested for making false alarms. The Akron Police Dept. states she lied to them about the circumstances of her A.’ disappearance, and it didn’t happen the way she said it did. In actuality, AC (snip) left with Louis from Strongville. A C. family member told News 5, AC (snip) disappeared with Jakab in late September, too. The cousins were not found until Thanksgiving, and when AC (snip) came home, she was about two months pregnant, her family said.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....o-family-believes-is-the-father-of-her-child/

This is the first I've heard of a gun, maybe I missed it earlier. BBM

Clay originally told police she was driving eastbound on Interstate 76 near Akron when her daughter, AC (snip), started to hit her and she had to pull over to the side of the road.
The mother said a black Audi pulled up behind her car and the driver, Louis Jakab, walked up to her vehicle with a gun in his waistband. Clay's daughter walked back to the Audi with the man and they both left the area, she said.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...t-14-year-old-girl-who-ran-away-with-fugitive

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I like that Ohio has a checklist packet for missing children which includes a checklist for an Amber Alert, also. Very convenient! Is A. now considered a runaway?

http://ema.ohio.gov/Documents/pdfs/AMBER_Checklist.pdf

I don’t think so. AFAIK, they‘re still treating this as an abduction. It is perplexing when you think about Tad Cummings and how quickly an Amber Alert was issued in that case. Despite the fact that the underaged victim met up with him and left intentionally, LE was smart enough to deduce that he‘d been grooming her (much like LJ has AC, I’m sure). LE had confirmation from his wife that TC was in possession of several firearms, though. That’s an important distinction, I guess. AC and TC’s victim actually have quite a few things in common - she had just started going to public school after being homeschooled, there was a lot of family drama going on at home, and she also sought comfort and solace thru activities at church until she seemingly started to rebel.

I don’t think so. AFAIK, they‘re still treating this as an abduction. It is perplexing when you think about Tad Cummings and how quickly an Amber Alert was issued in that case. Despite the fact that the underaged victim met up with him and left intentionally, LE was smart enough to deduce that he‘d been grooming her (much like LJ has AC, I’m sure). LE had confirmation from his wife that TC was in possession of several firearms, though. That’s an important distinction, I guess. AC and TC’s victim actually have quite a few things in common - she had just started going to public school after being homeschooled, there was a lot of family drama going on at home, and she also sought comfort and solace thru activities at church until she seemingly started to rebel.

It looks from some of the early missing posters that they were treating this as an endangered runaway case.

It looks from some of the early missing posters that they were treating this as an endangered runaway case.

Do you have a link calling her an “endangered runaway”? I’m just seeing “endangered child” but it doesn’t look official. So far it seems LE is just saying she is “missing” and believed to be with LJ, a fugitive, and may be in danger. They can’t say she was “abducted” or “kidnapped” because it appears she went willingly, based on both of her mom’s lies. Technically, she is a runaway, but I just don’t see LE using that term.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/11/police-still-searching-for-missing-pregnant-14-year-old-ohio-girl/

I dont like the direction this post was turning...You can be cool and homeschool. You can be cool and send your kid to school.

This girl could of been homeschooled for so many different reasons we could not begin to guess. I dont send my kids to school because I dont want to deal with them. I send my kids to school because Im not a teacher...:thinking:
Yeah, maybe I wasn't clear enough about that. I was responding to the post that stated that most kids who are homeschooled have issues in the family. As I stated, I have a Masters Degree. I was in a school building for a whole lot of years and I liked school. I value education. I value schooling. In every form. My point was that the place a child is educated cannot determine the quality of their family life. It was not to isinuate that children who go to a brick and mortar school are less adjusted or less loved. Quite the opposite. I was trying to say that everyone has different reasons for doing what they do. And sending them to a building sadly does not get rid of abuse. If it did, our world would be a much brighter place. But abusers abuse. They don't care where a child is educated. But homeschooling does not correlate to problems with a family. Not even close. Does that make more sense?

Anyway, back to her. It's time she is found.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. When comparing this case with the Tad Cummins case, I have a feeling that LJ is the much more dangerous of the two. I really hope for a peaceful resolution in this case.

Do you have a link calling her an “endangered runaway”? I’m just seeing “endangered child” but it doesn’t look official. So far it seems LE is just saying she is “missing” and believed to be with LJ, a fugitive, and may be in danger. They can’t say she was “abducted” or “kidnapped” because it appears she went willingly, based on both of her mom’s lies. Technically, she is a runaway, but I just don’t see LE using that term.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/11/police-still-searching-for-missing-pregnant-14-year-old-ohio-girl/
Lilibet,
Just noticed in the original post here -
msm reports that she is listed as an endangered runaway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back