Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

Great job! Thank you for doing this.

In regards to the Assured clear distance, MVA... notice the case has TRD. It's a traffic related offense. Most likely the same as failure to maintain distance resulting in a motor vehicle accident, IMO.

The other one, reasonable control, again has the TRD. I think it would be failure to maintain control of vehicle.

Criminal Simulation is a class A misdemeanor, section 170.45. If with intent to defraud, a person makes or alters anything in a way that it appears to be of value such as an antique or rare item for the purpose of trade or sale to profit greater from it.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_criminal_simulation

The protection order violation, was that in reference to AC or someone else?

Thanks for teaching me a thing or two! ;)

I'm not sure who the protection order was ordered for... but I'll copy the exact wording from BeenVerified and list it below. That's apparently all the info they have for these charges, unfortunately.

Offense Description: Domestic Violence
Court Disposition: 8/2/2017
Court Offense: Violating Protection Order
Case No. 17CRB00751-A

Court Disposition : 8/9/2017
Court Offense : Criminal Damaging or Endangering Children
Court Status : Guilty
Case No. 17CRB00690-A

Court Disposition : 8/9/2017
Court Offense : Endangering Children
Case No. 17CRB00690-B

if that helps you any? Haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cousin who's AC's age (freshman in HS but lives in an entirely different area of the country). Her Insta posts look VERY VERY similar to the ones he and his friends post. I asked my cousin if her profile was similar to his friends' and he said yes. Definitely very typical middle/early high schooler.

The thing that gets me is her bio and how "out" she is. Not sure if it's an ASD thing with the oversharing or it's just how much society has changed since ten years ago (IMO I would never publicly come out of the closet to the entire world at 14! I wouldn't even do it now in my mid-20's... yikes). This was also something my cousin thought was a little weird - he knows friends and family members who are LGBTQ+ and are pretty out, but he doesn't know anyone his own age that is openly declaring their sexuality on Insta like that... it reminds me a bit of certain lesbian/queer dating sites. I don't know if this has ANYTHING to do with the grooming, incest, etc. that is so obviously going on with LJ, but since she's clearly very open about it, I feel it could potentially factor into why things transpired as they have.

I'm working on a case right now that includes a 14 year old girl. She "came out" on all her social media platforms a year ago. She was gay, now she's only bi. She lives in a very anti gay area.

She follows tons of LGBT sites, lesbian sites, *advertiser censored* sites. Even her user names are explicit. Most of the people on her friends list are also "out" in their bio.

My brother is gay. Totally understand coming out. However, right now, a lot of teens seem to think it's trendy. Like when it was trendy to get pregnant in high school. It doesn't surprise me at all that a child this age would be so "out."

Kids are not very careful. Just from this 14 year old online presence I have been able to ascertain tons of things that should not be public knowledge.

Teens are just risk takers and they think it'll never happen to them. :tantrum:

I can't wait for this whole situation to unfold, EVERYTHING about it is a huge mess. No matter what has and hasn't actually happened, that poor kid is going to need a lot of therapy after all this.

These are all the court dockets in western Cuyahoga County, Medina County, and most of Summit County on which I found LJ has cases. Please keep in mind that a violation of a protection order could be of a Civil Protection Order which is not of public record online and can only be accessed going to the courthouse where it originated. That charge arose in Hinckley, Ohio in Medina County and was dismissed. That doesn't mean the CPO was issued out of that county, only that the violation occurred there. Hinckley is adjacent to North Royalton close to where he was living. If mom got a CPO, it could have been issued out of Summit Common Pleas where they were living. If it arose out of a temporary protection order (TPO) then there would have to be a TPO in a pending criminal case, which there could be, I just didn't read all the dockets. I just wanted to put all the local dockets in one place for you.

http://www.bereamunicipalcourt.org/searchdocket.asp?pageId=32

https://eservices.cmcoh.org/eservices/search.page.3?x=b1U*hS4ejlD*t94tfEyicQ

http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/CaseInfoByName.aspx

https://rrcourt.net/eservices/search.page.3?x=EFhrpBUYCv9OT5FcWQBV-A

http://www.parmamunicourt.org/searchdocket_p.asp?pageId=32

http://www.sccjis.co.summit.oh.us/Search.aspx

http://www.medinamunicipalcourt.org

http://www.co.medina.oh.us/medct_epublicnodr/Default.aspx

(deleted by me because I read something wrong and post was irrelevant)

Just stepped into this mess and read the majority of the thread. I really wish social media didn’t even exist or that there was a way to limit it ONLY to those over a certain age. Don’t know how that would ever be controlled but I get so angry at these cases of children being SA, trafficked, etc because they have a presence on social media.

Just stepped into this mess and read the majority of the thread. I really wish social media didn’t even exist or that there was a way to limit it ONLY to those over a certain age. Don’t know how that would ever be controlled but I get so angry at these cases of children being SA, trafficked, etc because they have a presence on social media.

I would like to know why parents allow their kids to have SM accounts and I know most of them know about it because they're friends with them. I went off on my step daughter when I found out that she let my 13 year old grandson have a fb account and that he had added people that he had met at one of our neighborhood parties who was a friggin pedophile. When I told her about it, she didn't even act concerned, just amazes me.

Is not the SM to blame, is the parents that allowed their kids to have an account. There are thousands of children being abused daily that don't have access to social media. Mo of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Is not the SM to blame, is the parents that allowed their kids to have an account. There are thousands of children being abused daily that don't have access to social media. Mo of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
BBM

And then there are parents who take away SM and phone for good reason and the kid is able to contact the predator through another phone used at school. This happened in TX recently when a teen was lured to Mexico City. Thankfully, she was found, but I doubt this is the end of it. After all, she was probably in loooovvvveee, as young girls are prone to spell it on SM. I think the internet and SM make it much harder for good parents to keep an eye on their kids, especially if the kid is determined to be on SM. But there’s no turning back now with SM and as you say, abuse happens even without SM.

I'm working on a case right now that includes a 14 year old girl. She "came out" on all her social media platforms a year ago. She was gay, now she's only bi. She lives in a very anti gay area.

She follows tons of LGBT sites, lesbian sites, *advertiser censored* sites. Even her user names are explicit. Most of the people on her friends list are also "out" in their bio.

My brother is gay. Totally understand coming out. However, right now, a lot of teens seem to think it's trendy. Like when it was trendy to get pregnant in high school. It doesn't surprise me at all that a child this age would be so "out."

Kids are not very careful. Just from this 14 year old online presence I have been able to ascertain tons of things that should not be public knowledge.

Teens are just risk takers and they think it'll never happen to them. :tantrum:

When was it trendy to get pregant in high school? :gasp:

I would like to know why parents allow their kids to have SM accounts and I know most of them know about it because they're friends with them. I went off on my step daughter when I found out that she let my 13 year old grandson have a fb account and that he had added people that he had met at one of our neighborhood parties who was a friggin pedophile. When I told her about it, she didn't even act concerned, just amazes me.

I let my son who is 14.5 have one because it's how he expresses himself and talks to his friends etc....He isnt into facebook but he has the others and yes, I am his "Friend" on them silently so I can see but I try not to comment or anything unless I need to. Times have changed and if you dont "LET" them have one, they will get one without you knowing anyway.

Also, whoever posted the second instagram account, that is a "Spam" account of hers, which to kids that age which is my son's age also, it's the account that they post whatever they want and dont care and usually dont have family on. Like an account to be who they want without people suspecting.

I can't wait for this whole situation to unfold, EVERYTHING about it is a huge mess. No matter what has and hasn't actually happened, that poor kid is going to need a lot of therapy after all this.

If I were Social Services, I'd remove EVERY child from that household and take them FAR away from Barberton.

I let my son who is 14.5 have one because it's how he expresses himself and talks to his friends etc....He isnt into facebook but he has the others and yes, I am his "Friend" on them silently so I can see but I try not to comment or anything unless I need to. Times have changed and if you dont "LET" them have one, they will get one without you knowing anyway.

Also, whoever posted the second instagram account, that is a "Spam" account of hers, which to kids that age which is my son's age also, it's the account that they post whatever they want and dont care and usually dont have family on. Like an account to be who they want without people suspecting.

I'm pretty sure that kids can't log onto a fb account on a school computer and when our pc took a poop and I went to the library I wasn't able to log onto mine and was very limited on the sites I could go on and I'm a 40 + year old woman. I'm in the ice age too, my cell phone can only make 911 calls. parents are only setting their kids for crap unknown to them.

Agreed. But times are changing and it's nearly impossible to prevent a child from accessing social media. They have friends at school who carry cell phones that would allow them to access social media, you tube etc. I think parents need to educate, and educate, and educate kids about the dangers that are present on social media sites and the internet in general.

If I were Social Services, I'd remove EVERY child from that household and take them FAR away from Barberton.
Totally agree with you! I think that when all this is over, we are going to find out a lot more than was mentioned. I really hope in 10 years that we all hear a "I turned my life around" from AC.

I'm pretty sure that kids can't log onto a fb account on a school computer and when our pc took a poop and I went to the library I wasn't able to log onto mine and was very limited on the sites I could go on and I'm a 40 + year old woman. I'm in the ice age too, my cell phone can only make 911 calls. parents are only setting their kids for crap unknown to them.

When I was in high school (mind you this was 2009 and things have probably changed since then) a freshman was able to hack into the district's filtering software and allow access to sites like Facebook and Myspace.

If AC's phone has data she wouldn't even have to go through filters to access bad stuff at school, etc. My cousin who's AC's age has been able to access stuff like Worldstar Hip Hop and Archive of Our Own (fan fiction site that has a lot of NSFW content) at school, and my brother's friend who's two-ish years out of high school claims he was able to get on GRINDR of all things at school while connected to their wifi.

Agreed. But times are changing and it's nearly impossible to prevent a child from accessing social media. They have friends at school who carry cell phones that would allow them to access social media, you tube etc. I think parents need to educate, and educate, and educate kids about the dangers that are present on social media sites and the internet in general.

The bold sentence is the key! Unfortunately not all parents will think a like. I do not see a problem with kids having social media because I think social media has a lot of positives as well. Every family is different with their values but talking about reality vs non reality is crucial when it comes to the internet. Parents need to be parents and not best friends with their kids and I think this the case here. JMO

When I was in high school (mind you this was 2009 and things have probably changed since then) a freshman was able to hack into the district's filtering software and allow access to sites like Facebook and Myspace.

If AC's phone has data she wouldn't even have to go through filters to access bad stuff at school, etc. My cousin who's AC's age has been able to access stuff like Worldstar Hip Hop and Archive of Our Own (fan fiction site that has a lot of NSFW content) at school, and my brother's friend who's two-ish years out of high school claims he was able to get on GRINDR of all things at school while connected to their wifi.

Call me stupid then! lol Just explaining my experiences . I don't think AC is in direct harm, I was a 14 year old that ran away from home many of times and hung out with a lot of unsavory people. I could tell so many stories, including a guy that took me on a 100 + mile an hour motorcycle chase with the police, he killed himself. People need to stop commenting on his page, they're just making the situation worse.

Kids dont need to use the school's computers- they have cell phones and ipads, etc/

Call me stupid then! lol Just explaining my experiences . I don't think AC is in direct harm, I was a 14 year old that ran away from home many of times and hung out with a lot of unsavory people. I could tell so many stories, including a guy that took me on a 100 + mile an hour motorcycle chase with the police, he killed himself. People need to stop commenting on his page, they're just making the situation worse.

But she's a 14 year old child with a noncustodial adult man! If this is a sexual relationship (or even if it's not), how can she NOT be in direct harm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back