Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they mention where they thought Honey was moved from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was a murder - suicide. I believe the homicide team are now investigating the deaths due to family pressure and to make sure there are no future lawsuits against the police by the family.

The way Sherman’s personality has been described, it would not be totally shocking or inconceivable to learn he killed his wife and then committed suicide.

yes, i agree... i think the police will now be very careful on what they do/say on this case.....

hard to believe they both would have died on strangulation due to hanging though (of course as mentioned, may have been strangled and then hung)

I wonder what other trauma happened/what the autopsy shows. Getting 2 people to hang themselves seems difficult to do.

Could one or two people have herded them at gunpoint to the pool and forced them to slip their heads in the noose? Possibly. I wonder about other injuries too. And LE said earlier that they thought Honey was killed in another part of the house, so do they still think that? And, of course, there’s still a possibility of murder suicide I guess, although LE is calling their deaths “suspicious.” Time will tell.

Putting it in her name doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could still be planning to live there together. Women tend to outlive their husbands. But they could also be shielding assets. I suspect that it's probably just a gesture of goodwill on his part to put it in her name.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I live in Lawrence Park and our house is in my name and not my husband's. It's very common. It's to protect assets in case of lawsuits etc.

Honey is very attractive but she does not look like she is rail thin like so many rich women are.

Barry does not look that powerful.

I've been on a Menedez brothers obsession lately. This reminds me of that. I know very different but maybe it's the wealthy and they wives names are unique. (Not thinking any kids did this) I don't know. Something seems fishy. But again could just be my recent obsession lol. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not have been that railing though. Judging by the image there were a few places I could see where it could be done. The media keeps writing that it was beside the pool, so it could also be in an area the camera didn't cover unless we see an entire, panoramic view.

Also this article suggests they were found hanging above the pool. If you look at the photo of the swimming pool it's totally plausible. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5153507/bobby-sherman-wife-honey-dead-toronto-canada-side-by-side/

hi, i'm brand new to this forum because of this case. very familiar with Mr. Sherman. years ago was an acquaintence of his largest canadian competitor

i get the feeling this may go the way of the jon-benet case where you either have to believe something unlikely (in that case, either someone spent an hour writing a note that looked in almost all ways like it was written by mother OR she was hurt by accident and parents didn't get medical treatment thinking she was dead and then make staging of her death)... BOTH are impossible to believe.

the double hanging just seems too hard to believe BUT the police/coroner know what they are doing.

i agree that him doing it seems a bit of a physical stretch... but an outsider doing it without any major clues seems unlikely too unless they hired someone.

probably moot due to the autopsy... but no one i've seen has mentioned massive fundraiser for israel........ google PLO and mark's and spencer in 1970s... huge protests/violence over there just in the last week due to specific news (US embassy)...

i'm guessing with both persons dying due to hanging then it may never get resolved to family's satisfaction... the police will believe in something on the surface to be highly unlikely but there will be no other explanation.
BBM

Welcome! :greetings: Thanks for joining in with your interesting thoughts. I agree that this will be a difficult case to solve to everyone’s satisfaction.

I live in Lawrence Park and our house is in my name and not my husband's. It's very common. It's to protect assets in case of lawsuits etc.

It is a very common to put in wife’s name if husband owns a business etc to protect assets.

Honestly, with that amount of money, it's not really that much going on. They probably have all sorts of people in their employ to handle the details of their lives. I don't find it odd that they hadn't put their home on the market yet even though they bought another. They were rich.

The rich of Toronto do this all the time. They build a brand new house and stay living in their current house until the new one is ready.

If they were found hanging above the pool as some articles suggest it would be pretty difficult to do that by yourself, if not impossible. Other articles have used language like "beside the pool." Hmm.

If they were found hanging above the pool as some articles suggest it would be pretty difficult to do that by yourself, if not impossible. Other articles have used language like "beside the pool." Hmm.

And we originally read "seated". Can't find any article that still contains that word. moo

Here's my burning question: What were they wearing when found?

I think hanging from those railings “beside the pool” in a seated position as discussed earlier would be possible and could be described as “above” the pool even though technically they are next to the pool. They are higher than the pool and “above” doesn’t have to mean “over” the pool. Just splitting linguistic hairs. :)

A Toronto police source said the bodies were found Friday at the edge of their basement pool, hanging from a railing that surrounded the pool. Investigators are working on the theory that Mr. Sherman killed his wife, hung her body and then hanged himself at the pool's edge, the source said.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...n-and-wife-as-murder-suicide/article37357096/

This is the article that had seated.

Thanks for the link dotr. The position described is weird. moo

" seated on the edge of their basement lap pool, hanging from a railing "

This is the quote from the article before it was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong