Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

Can I ask two questions -one about this case and one about the location in particular- please?

- Is Barberton an area with a higher than average crime rate or is this just a tragic coincidence? For what I can see on the forum there are cases in this specific place dating back to 1982, including a home invasion which resulted on two teenagers being shot to death, an abduction, another killing and a young woman who is still missing.

- Regarding AC's mother, is she facing charges for her lack of parenting -to call it something subtle-? I was shocked to read a couple of months ago AC had already been found with this individual in a hotel room. Why didn't Social Services got involved at that stage and why was not custody of this child removed right then? This abduction could have been avoided. I agree with those who have commented she is at risk of serious harm.

Ohio has one of the highest violent crime and sex trafficking rates in the U.S., specifically Cleveland and Toledo (Barberton is a commuter town south of Cleveland near Akron in a major hwy loop with a lower income population)

HC was specifically arrested and jailed on a misdemeanor charge of “making false alarms” at the Akron police department on the same day she reported AC missing. The disclosed details include lying about where she last saw AC.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/mis...d-accused-of-lying-about-how-girl-disappeared

What "making false alarms" means:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.32

The "last seen" according to report was mom at a Sheetz in Strongsville. I have not seen any confirmed last (rmom reports which are inaccurate she gave a false report and was arrested). IMO no one knows the exact circumstances of AC leaving except 3 people. (HC, AC and LJ).

In a comment on one of HC'S posts she replied the last place seen was Cleveland. I have a screenshot.

You took my comment way out of context. As far as we know, she left with him consensually, hense the fact there is no amber alert, her mom even lied about the events. NONE of us know if she actually had a sexual relationship with him, because we can only go by rumors.

Others have replied, but as you quoted me I'll reply as well.
She is a child, below the age of consent. She cannot be with him consensually in the eyes of the law. She's away from her home, her medications and in need of prenatal care. Add to that she is with a convicted felon.

Ohio has one of the highest violent crime and sex trafficking rates in the U.S., specifically Cleveland and Toledo (Barberton is a commuter town south of Cleveland near Akron in a major hwy loop with a lower income population)

HC was specifically arrested and jailed on a misdemeanor charge of “making false alarms” at the Akron police department on the same day she reported AC missing. The disclosed details include lying about where she last saw AC.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/mis...d-accused-of-lying-about-how-girl-disappeared

What "making false alarms" means:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.32

Thanks so much for posting this Vail and explaining to me the situation around this area. I had no idea sex trafficking was a problem in some parts of Ohio :cry: It is scary to say the least.

I do not know what to make of HC's involvement on all this but the word involvement does come into my head every time I read about this woman's erratic behaviour so far on everything related to her child's disappearance.

Yurena I think I forgot to welcome you on the thread you originally joined WS to post on. Nice to see you here too. :greetings:

Yurena I think I forgot to welcome you on the thread you originally joined WS to post on. Nice to see you here too. :greetings:

Thanks so much. I wish I had found out about this community and joined sooner!

Has there been any mention of AC's moms age? She looks young. I'm assuming it's okay to ask as there have been posts of her facebook page.

Has there been any mention of AC's moms age? She looks young. I'm assuming it's okay to ask as there have been posts of her facebook page.

IIRC she’s about 37. But don’t quote me. ;)

So are all the Walmarts on alert to BOLO?

She can't consent.

Legally she can't consent to sex. She can consent to go with anyone she wants too. There is no law that says someone under 18 can't consent to go with someone of their own free will.

ETA: Of course, since her mother reported her missing then she doesn't have parental consent to be with her cousin.

Others have replied, but as you quoted me I'll reply as well.
She is a child, below the age of consent. She cannot be with him consensually in the eyes of the law. She's away from her home, her medications and in need of prenatal care. Add to that she is with a convicted felon.

Consent to what, she went with him willingly? How come this guy doesn't have a warrant out for his arrest with having sex with a minor, if it actually happened? We don't even know for sure that she's pregnant, did the police see proof from a doctor that she is or are they just taking moms word for it? I want to see facts before I believe anything that I've read so far.

Consent to what, she went with him willingly? How come this guy doesn't have a warrant out for his arrest with having sex with a minor, if it actually happened? We don't even know for sure that she's pregnant, did the police see proof from a doctor that she is or are they just taking moms word for it? I want to see facts before I believe anything that I've read so far.

There are little facts known on this case at this time. But, she is a minor and as far as we know, she has not been emancipated so yes, she is below the age of consent. And she is way to young to consent to a sexual relationship.

There are little facts known on this case at this time. But, she is a minor and as far as we know, she has not been emancipated so yes, she is below the age of consent. And she is way to young to consent to a sexual relationship.

I totally understand the consenting to sex part but do we even know that it happened? My parents tried to play this card when I was about her age and was dating a 20 year old, they didn't approve of the relationship so they tried to get a restraining order and said that we were having sex and we weren't. This is why I keep asking if there's any proof of anything that we've read and we already know that HC likes to lie.

I totally understand the consenting to sex part but do we even know that it happened? My parents tried to play this card when I was about her age and was dating a 20 year old, they didn't approve of the relationship so they tried to get a restraining order and said that we were having sex and we weren't. This is why I keep asking if there's any proof of anything that we've read and we already know that HC likes to lie.

No, no one knows that it happened. They are simply assuming. It's really disheartening but not surprising, for a forum that is supposed to be about investigating cases based on facts and not suppositions, these forums rarely discuss facts but plenty of discussion about the worst sorts of assumptions.

I'm not sure where this attitude of giving this guy the benefit of the doubt has come from. He has gone off with a minor, who he most likely impregnated, and she is too young to consent to any of these things.

It’s not MSM or LE but according to Missing Pieces Network, this baby is his baby. I know Missing Pieces Network have been working with Mom and we cannot take anything that she says as gospel, but I do believe that MPN would corroborate their facts before putting them out there. In fact, I know they take a hell of a lot of man hours deciphering the information and making sure that whatever they put out there isn’t BS. Yes, sometimes advocates are lied to and it’s not their fault but we have to go on the information that we have been given.

I don’t like this attitude of we don’t go by facts here. We go by what is given to us and if you don’t consider any of it as fact, that is your choice.

Maybe could weigh in here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back