• BL Alive and in hiding.

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • BL Succumbed to the desert elements.

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of strangers.

Votes: 138 45.0%
  • BL Overdose/or alcohol poisoning.

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of someone he knew.

Votes: 55 17.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 27 8.8%

• Total voters
Let's say something did happen to Brandon, but was not due to foul play. Wouldn't they have found his body? For someone to just go missing from a remote area like this is just too odd. Where was he heading if not to his dads, if I know I don't have gas I would logically either drive to my brothers to stay the night or come back to the house and chill out in the couch.

** my 2 cents worth, And humble opinion, unless noted **

Honestly I don't feel like they searched well enough and I feel he is out on land close to where he disappeared. I also think more and more that he might have sought help at one of the local homes and something happened. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't he have been found in the days to follow if he was just out in the land? If something happened to him while seeking help,that in itself is very odd.

It seems like everything points to he was in urgent trouble ...he needed help....someone stopped him (killed) and likely buried him on their property which would explain why many will not allow LE to search their properties as has been mentioned. I'm shocked nothing more has come of this case by now.

Yes very true. Seems so crazy that if someone needs help they need to worry about someone possibly killing them instead of helping them.

I've also heard some of the property belongs to someone in LE

The land is is vast and very rugged surrounding the area where he went missing. I know the sheriff owns land, but I don't think it is the area where he went missing. But this community is very close knit and Brandon was a stranger. No one has come forward with information and land owners would not let family search, even called police on them.
I pray answers come soon.

Yes his family needs answers and closure. Any word on why he was heading in that direction? I had read somewhere that it was not in the direction of where his father lived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes his family needs answers and closure. Any word on why he was heading in that direction? I had read somewhere that it was not in the direction of where his father lived.

Yes it was in the direction his father lived. All accounts I've heard say he was heading to his fathers.

If you are leaving town at midnight to drive 300 plus miles, what is the first thing you do? You get gas! Why did he leave town on an empty tank? What man runs home to Daddy 300 miles away when his brother that he's close to is a few blocks or miles away? Wasn't he starting a new job? I'm not convinced he was headed to Dads.......I think he was headed for trouble and that is why he's missing. JMO tho.

If you are leaving town at midnight to drive 300 plus miles, what is the first thing you do? You get gas! Why did he leave town on an empty tank? What man runs home to Daddy 300 miles away when his brother that he's close to is a few blocks or miles away? Wasn't he starting a new job? I'm not convinced he was headed to Dads.......I think he was headed for trouble and that is why he's missing. JMO tho.

We have no way to really know what goes through the mind of others. Perhaps he felt he could make it to Bronte, fill up there when his check hit the bank that morning but unfortunately miscalculated how far he could go. We know he and LL fought, a lot of people don’t make rational decisions when they are upset. Plus if he was under the influence of something, trying to make sense of his thoughts and actions would be difficult. I don’t know where he was headed. Maybe he was headed to dads, maybe he was headed to somewhere else. I’ve not heard that he knew anyone in Bronte. Maybe somewhere further like Abilene, like he mentioned in the 911 call “ here on both sides headed to Abilene”.

About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.

About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.

It has been. The police know what it says. It’s the girlfriend that doesn’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has been. The police know what it says. It’s the girlfriend that doesn’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And how do you know this? Did I miss a police update?

I agree with you. If police have done anything with the 911 call I haven’t heard about it. They released to family for identification, but I think that’s all we know. This is a small town law enforcement who are not use to investigating these types of issues and have been totally silent about the investigation.. leads me to believe they are probably not even investigating anymore.

This. It's like this case is just tucked away somewhere gathering dust and always has been since Day 1. Nobody will even confirm that the 911 call has been cut/edited in places, which has been claimed by many people. That's a pretty big detail IMO.

We need some journalists or private detectives on this case because the local PD is not doing a whole lot from what I can tell. If I were his loved ones, I'd be DEMANDING answers from police...or at least pressing to see their progress on the case. And maybe they are. It's not the family's job to hire search parties & other private companies to find him--it's the job of local police. And after how the Sheriff's wife talked about Brandon in the local newspaper, I'd be pressing for a lawsuit. You just don't say things like that about a missing person.

He didn't disappear into thin air. I'm of the belief that if he died out on that flat land, he would've been found by now...or at least parts of him (clothes, jewelry, etc). I'm from Oklahoma where the land is all plains & small hills, and I've never known someone to go missing on such a landscape. That leaves three possibilities: He was abducted by strangers, he fled to outrun his warrant or he was murdered by family & buried somewhere other than where his truck was found & the call was not his voice. I don't have a "favorite" scenario of the three but based on the family's obstructive & unhelpful behavior, I tend to suspect option 2 or 3.

I agree with most everything you say but I don’t suspect family.. I don’t see motive. I agree about lack of investigation, it’s been a mess from the very beginning

Unfortunately, in this case LE is not going to go out of their way to solve this case. This is a very small town. Very close knit people. If Brandon were a part of one of the prominent families they would never stop looking. I think the sheriff's office believes he was running (or drug activity) and he is not worthy of their time or money. The only hope here is the Texas Rangers and I am not sure they have enough evidence to investigate a lot.

As for being out on the flat land, there are plenty of hills and pastures to hide a body. It really isn't flat at all here. If he got lost, he was close to the highway with lighted houses in close proximity. No way he died from the elements.

Brandon "ran into some guys". I think they were unknown to him, they got into an argument and Brandon lost his life. They loaded his body up and took it back in the direction of San Angelo and dumped it somewhere. May be someday someone will run upon his remains and there will be answers to what happened, but I doubt this case will ever be solved.

Sad for his family. I too do not suspect family either rascal, but I can respect others feelings about why they do. I feel they have been evasive because that is their way of life with LE. When they have been involved in illegal activity, they can't feel trustful of LE. That is why I think the family looks suspicious.

Unfortunately, in this case LE is not going to go out of their way to solve this case. This is a very small town. Very close knit people. If Brandon were a part of one of the prominent families they would never stop looking. I think the sheriff's office believes he was running (or drug activity) and he is not worthy of their time or money. The only hope here is the Texas Rangers and I am not sure they have enough evidence to investigate a lot.

As for being out on the flat land, there are plenty of hills and pastures to hide a body. It really isn't flat at all here. If he got lost, he was close to the highway with lighted houses in close proximity. No way he died from the elements.

Brandon "ran into some guys". I think they were unknown to him, they got into an argument and Brandon lost his life. They loaded his body up and took it back in the direction of San Angelo and dumped it somewhere. May be someday someone will run upon his remains and there will be answers to what happened, but I doubt this case will ever be solved.

Sad for his family. I too do not suspect family either rascal, but I can respect others feelings about why they do. I feel they have been evasive because that is their way of life with LE. When they have been involved in illegal activity, they can't feel trustful of LE. That is why I think the family looks suspicious.

I know nannymo :)
I try to respect others opinions as well and that’s why I stopped going to the other thread.
I mean I understand their thoughts and ideas... but you can only beat a dead horse for so long and that theory has gone nowhere.
We need new discussions and new ideas.

The "oh ***" comment in the 911 call has always bugged me, the way he said it, it was surprised, not frightened. Something occurred to me while reading through some of the comments on this thread. Since it was a hot night in August, he's on a lonely stretch of rarely traveled highway at that time of night, I wonder if he got bit by a rattlesnake, ran into the bush to get as far from it as possible. Snake venom works pretty quick, especially if your scared and your heart is racing, the 911 call could be explained by the neurologic effects of the venom, coupled with his vitals starting to crash. If he did run into the bush and his vitals crashed he would have collapsed and died. Sadly, after this much time, due to animal activity, I don't think they're going to find much of him remaining, animals could have spread his remains in a pretty wide area by now. If he is ever found I think it'll only be a few bones that are found by accident.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back