Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there reports of any other vans seen in the area?

If you were to sit on her porch and we drove a panel van up running and put Missouri mule in the back do you think you could hear him talking much less make out what was being said ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember on the unfinished Vanished documentary, Janis McCall stated Suzie was very upset at her graduation, she just wanted to go home and stay at her house, she had in fact asked several people to spend the night with her. I think she was afraid.

A big smile is on my face as I read your assertion! I also remember that part of the documentary, and whar really caught my attention was the way Suzie's attitude was disregarded as something circumstantial, even trivial, by investigators..

If you were to sit on her porch and we drove a panel van up running and put Missouri mule in the back do you think you could hear him talking much less make out what was being said ??

YES, ABSOLUTLY I would think that would be possible, and I would not mind testing it. If Mule had somewhat of a deep voice and was sitting right behind your seat, I would think more so. We also would have to take in to account that sound will travel differently around 6am then if would at 6pm.

Also, we would have to consider the structures, tress/brushes in that area, along with loudness of van motor, and how loud Mule spoke.

Also, I think sometimes we here vibrations of voices that are not clear, but we still make out what was said to a degree.

COME ON! Let's solve this!

COME ON! Let's solve this!

Over the years, I recall having read somewhere that a van much like the one we discuss here had been discovered abandoned in a campground in Indiana....I think it was even found to have been reported stolen from Missouri, but I can't remember. Anyone else ever come across that?

You brought a good point. What if the police did find the van, and just never told the public about it?

Just recently there's been a big break in an old cold case in Tulsa. Back in 1998 a young girl went missing after she got off work and was found murdered weeks later. Fast forward to today and according to news accounts an arrest is imminent. Come to find out there are a total of five. FIVE witnesses now talking to authorities. So for almost 20 years there were (at least) five people that had knowledge on what really happened with the girl's disappearance and murder. It is really shocking to know that five people kept quiet for so long.

My point is that there is no doubt in my mind there are people who have information about what really happened to Suzee, Stacy and Sherrill. Why they choose to keep quiet its hard for me to understand.

Over the years, I recall having read somewhere that a van much like the one we discuss here had been discovered abandoned in a campground in Indiana....I think it was even found to have been reported stolen from Missouri, but I can't remember. Anyone else ever come across that?

I do remember that information, though a bit more detailed. I am not sure where I came across it, but it had to be in one of the many documentaries about the case that people Youtube. The information asserted the police had found some parts of the van, properly disassembled and buried in a farm, as well as other pieces of evidence that could not be released to the public.

If you look into events following Til their divorce there are possible motives revealed .

Would you be so kind so as to explain which those possible motives are, or where is the information to read about them? I cannot find anything.
Thanks.

We have to take something in to consideration here folks. This was a triple murder, so it's not all that likely that the front porch lady or the waitress at George's would have been all that excited about comming forward with what they saw. Some of us would have come fourth right away, but others might think 50-times first.

If you think about it, the perp(s) would know where the FPL lives, and know where the waitress at George's works. So like I said, it's not all that likely that they would have been all that eager to come forward.

I think the steak house sighting is very important to this case.
How many teen girls do you know who go out to have steak barefoot and wearing panties?

It's not significant. It's a red herring.

Porch lady is a red herring too.

It didn't become a highly publisized case until it became a highly publisized case. In two weaks it certainly did not. Exspecily back in those days with no internet. It may have been in the local paper, but that's about it. It would have been later then that when main stream media got involved. So don't tell me that within two weeks the world knew about this case because I know they did not.
I lived in Missouri when this happened. Every single person knew of this case the day after it happened and was bombarded with it daily for months. Newspapers, local news, radio, town gossip, flyers everywhere, etc. It was incessant. That's why it went national so quickly.

Hey, you guys, who is this Larry and Dewayne Hall? Can you do a check on them?

<modsnip>

We have to take something in to consideration here folks. This was a triple murder, so it's not all that likely that the front porch lady or the waitress at George's would have been all that excited about comming forward with what they saw. Some of us would have come fourth right away, but others might think 50-times first.

If you think about it, the perp(s) would know where the FPL lives, and know where the waitress at George's works. So like I said, it's not all that likely that they would have been all that eager to come forward.

You make a valid point. Having people on the street who murdered three women would make the witnesses wonder if they could be next. Those witnesses might be called at an upcoming trial.

It is easy for some on the sidelines to overlook the understandable fear that can grip a community as this case did.

Thank you for reminding us.

No one knew for certain they were murdered at that time, just that they were missing. I agree about red herrings.

No one knew for certain they were murdered at that time, just that they were missing. I agree about red herrings.

if I understand the meaning if red herring that is intended to mislead or to divert to a false conclusion.

While it it undoubtedly true that not all facts were known from the beginning do we assume a deliberate disinformation campaign was going on?

Having said that I do not believe the &#8220;Porch Lady&#8221; account is likely. There was a relatively small envelope of time to have abducted the woman assuming they were in the house at the same time. Taking into account the distance and time to the Delmar address from Battlefield would have put them there at no sooner than approximately 2:50AM. Sunrise was at 5:53 AM.

The most credible account count I have read is that of the paper carrier who saw the van on the corner at or about 4:00AM. Another account has them exiting Kentwood onto Grand about 4:15AM. That would have been nearly two hours before the Porch Lady was taking her morning coffee on her porch at or about 6AM. Since it wouldn&#8217;t stand to reason that they would have been driving around for nearly two hours doesn&#8217;t stand to reason.

Back in 1992 I received a t/c from a young lady who was associated with the case and said she was in attendance when the hypnotism session took place. It was said to have been cut short when the lady was said to have become hysterical.

A reporter who wrote extensively about the case told me the attire was western wear and not known to be in the wardrobe of the women. The timeline didn&#8217;t fit very well either. I will say that the waitress in the 48 Hour program did seem very credible and sincere.

Recently I have reconsidered the alleged sighting of Sherrill at the APCO station at 2:00 AM. I had thought that had been debunked but no longer certain. That would potentially solve several issues that have been troubling from the outset. A good friend is said to have claimed that it was Suzie who parked in the carport and the reports of the cars being moved that night. I think that needs to be further explored by those with certain information.

You make a valid point. Having people on the street who murdered three women would make the witnesses wonder if they could be next. Those witnesses might be called at an upcoming trial.

It is easy for some on the sidelines to overlook the understandable fear that can grip a community as this case did.

Thank you for reminding us.

You are absolutely right: fear is one of the worst feelings to overcome, specially when it stems from mystery and crime. However, it is striking that considering the number of years that have passed (a quater of a century) remorse can let those ones who have information live with a clear conscience... I once read in a novel that the solution to the crime of the story was unknown to all the villagers except for the priest who had receieved it under the seal of
confession... I am afraid that if a similar silence continues in Springfield, the only possibility of knowing he truth is going to derive from deathbed.

if I understand the meaning if red herring that is intended to mislead or to divert to a false conclusion.

While it it undoubtedly true that not all facts were known from the beginning do we assume a deliberate disinformation campaign was going on?

Having said that I do not believe the “Porch Lady” account is likely. There was a relatively small envelope of time to have abducted the woman assuming they were in the house at the same time. Taking into account the distance and time to the Delmar address from Battlefield would have put them there at no sooner than approximately 2:50AM. Sunrise was at 5:53 AM.

The most credible account count I have read is that of the paper carrier who saw the van on the corner at or about 4:00AM. Another account has them exiting Kentwood onto Grand about 4:15AM. That would have been nearly two hours before the Porch Lady was taking her morning coffee on her porch at or about 6AM. Since it wouldn’t stand to reason that they would have been driving around for nearly two hours doesn’t stand to reason.

Back in 1992 I received a t/c from a young lady who was associated with the case and said she was in attendance when the hypnotism session took place. It was said to have been cut short when the lady was said to have become hysterical.

A reporter who wrote extensively about the case told me the attire was western wear and not known to be in the wardrobe of the women. The timeline didn’t fit very well either. I will say that the waitress in the 48 Hour program did seem very credible and sincere.

Recently I have reconsidered the alleged sighting of Sherrill at the APCO station at 2:00 AM. I had thought that had been debunked but no longer certain. That would potentially solve several issues that have been troubling from the outset. A good friend is said to have claimed that it was Suzie who parked in the carport and the reports of the cars being moved that night. I think that needs to be further explored by those with certain information.

Undoubtedly, all this issue of the woman and the van is truly strange. As far as I am concerned, a patient can broadly become hysterical in a hypnotism session due to two reasons: either because they are not letting the hypnotist penetrate into their minds, into the net of their memories, or when they do not want to remember some part of the memory the professional is trying to recover. Was there anything else this woman saw that fateful morning, or was she simply reticent to have her mind "dug up" because she had made all this van story up?

Undoubtedly, all this issue of the woman and the van is truly strange. As far as I am concerned, a patient can broadly become hysterical in a hypnotism session due to two reasons: either because they are not letting the hypnotist penetrate into their minds, into the net of their memories, or when they do not want to remember some part of the memory the professional is trying to recover. Was there anything else this woman saw that fateful morning, or was she simply reticent to have her mind "dug up" because she had made all this van story up?

I really can’t answer that question. Although the t/c was about 1/2 hour the sense I got was that the session was cut short perhaps unnecessarily soon. It is odd. Unfortunately the lady who called me died two years ago from a heart attack at only 52 or I would call her to recount what she observed.

How many teen girls do you know who go out to have steak barefoot and wearing panties?

Is there evidence that Stacy didn't have on a pair of Suzie or Sherill's pants/shorts to sleep in? There have been many times when I have borrowed clothes from whoever I was staying with especially if it wasn't a planned stay.

I believe it was stated that Suzie's clothes would have been to small for Stacy to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam